Any solo mum's out there?

Any solo mummies (or daddies) to be currently TTC via assisted conception? Wonder if we can form a solo parent-to-be thread. There are plenty of lesbian support threads, or IVF support threads - but struggling to find a group for the single parents currently planning to conceive :)

I am!! Starting my second round of IUI process!! Best of luck to you!:dust:

Can I ask what this is plz

Hi there can I have some advice regarding fertility plz? I have been trying for a baby for 3 years. Recently single so I don’t fit the criteria anymore to see nhs fertility. Should I go private and check I can have a baby in the future? Can they see single ladies? I’m guessing so ? Anyone know how I would go about this plz? In desperate for a baby. I’m single but I want to know if I have a problem or not? My friend recommended a sperm bank / donor. I don’t think I want to go down that road but has anyone got any stories or advice? What would you tell your kids growing up? If you do use a sperm donor ? Thankyou xx also how much dues it cost? My friend said 8 grand...

Hi there can I have some advice regarding fertility plz? I have been trying for a baby for 3 years. Recently single so I don’t fit the criteria anymore to see nhs fertility. Should I go private and check I can have a baby in the future? Can they see single ladies? I’m guessing so ? Anyone know how I would go about this plz? In desperate for a baby. I’m single but I want to know if I have a problem or not? My friend recommended a sperm bank / donor. I don’t think I want to go down that road but has anyone got any stories or advice? What would you tell your kids growing up? If you do use a sperm donor ? Thankyou xx also how much dues it cost? My friend said 8 grand...

Hello Callumsmummy. I'm sorry that your relationship has broken down, it can't be easy if you've started your journey with someone else but now need to find another way to finish it.

The first thing I would say is that you may still be able to get help through the NHS, it really depends on your hospital trust. I'm in Scotland, which I know is quite different from England in the way we run our NHS but up here I called a clinic and asked the clinic manager directly if they treated single women and what I needed to do for a referral. The answer was yes and I just needed my GP to refer me, which he was happy to do. My clinic accepted private and NHS patients and although I could apply for funding for the actual donations I decided to self fund (as I was financially able), that said I only needed to pay for the sperm and donor's expenses, any tests and appointments were fully covered by the NHS.

I couldn't tell you how much it might cost you but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't have your possible fertility issues investigated and diagnosed at this stage anyway. How you then proceed would be up to you and fully depends if you'd wan't to be a solo parent, not a decision to take lightly.

My son is now 7 and knows exactly how he was conceived and why I chose my route to parenthood.

Thankyou so much for replying. It means a lot thankyou . Xx

Hello Callumsmummy. I'm sorry that your relationship has broken down, it can't be easy if you've started your journey with someone else but now need to find another way to finish it.

The first thing I would say is that you may still be able to get help through the NHS, it really depends on your hospital trust. I'm in Scotland, which I know is quite different from England in the way we run our NHS but up here I called a clinic and asked the clinic manager directly if they treated single women and what I needed to do for a referral. The answer was yes and I just needed my GP to refer me, which he was happy to do. My clinic accepted private and NHS patients and although I could apply for funding for the actual donations I decided to self fund (as I was financially able), that said I only needed to pay for the sperm and donor's expenses, any tests and appointments were fully covered by the NHS.

I couldn't tell you how much it might cost you but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't have your possible fertility issues investigated and diagnosed at this stage anyway. How you then proceed would be up to you and fully depends if you'd wan't to be a solo parent, not a decision to take lightly.

My son is now 7 and knows exactly how he was conceived and why I chose my route to parenthood.

Hey everyone!! Been a few months since I have been on here! Just popping in to check in on everyone and make sure everyone is well xxxx

My beautiful baby girl arrived on the 19th January at 9.55pm after 50ish minutes of labour; she ended up getting evicted a week early due to last minute complications that came up with me, and we've already had 3 trips to hospital since - but otherwise we are doing well. I love being a Mum, and I never knew I was capable of so much love that's for sure. She was 51cm long, and weight 7lb5oz.

Hey everyone!! Been a few months since I have been on here! Just popping in to check in on everyone and make sure everyone is well xxxx

My beautiful baby girl arrived on the 19th January at 9.55pm after 50ish minutes of labour; she ended up getting evicted a week early due to last minute complications that came up with me, and we've already had 3 trips to hospital since - but otherwise we are doing well. I love being a Mum, and I never knew I was capable of so much love that's for sure. She was 51cm long, and weight 7lb5oz.

Oh KN, I am sooooooo unbelievably delighted for you!!! I'm grinning from ear to ear to hear about your fabulous family. I can't help but think back to your first posts as you started your journey and now here you are having got to the end of one long road and starting out on the next:happydance::happydance::happydance:
Your news has really made my week. All I can say now is get a sleep whenever you can, if anyone offers to give you a hand say 'yes please, you can wash my dishes/put a washing on/make me some dinner/hold my beautiful daughter while I go for a sleep/have a shower/eat...'
At my anti natal classes the midwife made a point of saying to us that if they of the health visitors visited and found an immaculately clean house and an exhaust and frazzled mum they'd be more worried than if they come in and saw an untidy house and mum and baby enjoying each other.
Enjoy.

I’m headed in the single mom direction! I’m going to start trying this summer :) It’s nice to see a thread on it. I didn’t realize how common it was so I don’t feel so alone now. Thanks :)

I’m headed in the single mom direction! I’m going to start trying this summer :) It’s nice to see a thread on it. I didn’t realize how common it was so I don’t feel so alone now. Thanks :)

You're far from alone Angie01. Although this thread isn't always that active there are always a few of us who check in and see what's happening. If you have any questions feel free to ask, there's lots of experience on here.

Very good luck to you with your journey, I'll look forward to hearing how it all goes. X

You're far from alone Angie01. Although this thread isn't always that active there are always a few of us who check in and see what's happening. If you have any questions feel free to ask, there's lots of experience on here.

Very good luck to you with your journey, I'll look forward to hearing how it all goes. X

Thank you for the welcome and support! There’s so much information but I’m looking at booking my consultation for May I’ll keep you posted :)

Hey guys - Just a quick pop in :) Things are going well for us! We've had a pretty hectic start to parenthood! I ended up with a uterus infection so had 2 trips to hospital; then Emelia had a week in hospital herself. Now got her on prescription formula during the day and I feed her at night; We suspect allergies may be the culprit! She was vomitting bile, and not keeping feeds down or anything. She's nearly 11 weeks old now - where the heck has time gone?? Makes me sad, my baby is growing up so quick!! I literally blinked and it has happened!

Hello everyone! Long time no post!
It's amazing to read so many more babies have joined us!
A quickie update: I was trying two years ago with a donor I met on a coparenting forum, (although he was strictly a donor and not a coparent) we tried for 3 months (all BFN) before he decided it was too much effort and threw in the towel. I started a new job so focused on getting through my 1yr probation before wanting to try again as you're not eligible for maternity pay until you've signed that permanent contract!
Anyway, I joined a sperm donor facebook site and met my new donor through that. We were texting for 8 months, met up for a coffee and spoke on the phone before trying and we've just done our first donation. He's got four kids of his own and is a pretty decent guy so I'm optimistic this time! 2ww ends tomorrow, and a cheapie test I took this morning has a very faint line, though not getting my hopes up as this happens a lot to me! Have decided that I'm going to try with him for 6 months and if nothing happens look in to IUI and then IVF, I'm 33 now and feel like time is running out!

I'm off to catch up on some of your blogs - can't believe how much has happened, so happy for all of those gorgeous babies!

Hello everyone! Long time no post!
It's amazing to read so many more babies have joined us!
A quickie update: I was trying two years ago with a donor I met on a coparenting forum, (although he was strictly a donor and not a coparent) we tried for 3 months (all BFN) before he decided it was too much effort and threw in the towel. I started a new job so focused on getting through my 1yr probation before wanting to try again as you're not eligible for maternity pay until you've signed that permanent contract!
Anyway, I joined a sperm donor facebook site and met my new donor through that. We were texting for 8 months, met up for a coffee and spoke on the phone before trying and we've just done our first donation. He's got four kids of his own and is a pretty decent guy so I'm optimistic this time! 2ww ends tomorrow, and a cheapie test I took this morning has a very faint line, though not getting my hopes up as this happens a lot to me! Have decided that I'm going to try with him for 6 months and if nothing happens look in to IUI and then IVF, I'm 33 now and feel like time is running out!

I'm off to catch up on some of your blogs - can't believe how much has happened, so happy for all of those gorgeous babies!

Oh Cinderella, I've everything crossed for you in anticipation of your official testing tomorrow. Xx

Oh Cinderella, I've everything crossed for you in anticipation of your official testing tomorrow. Xx

Thank you! Today is actually 'tomorrow' and I'm pleased to say, BFP!! :happydance:

Still very nervous, but this is the first time I've ever had an actual positive test!

We only managed to get one donation this time, can't believe it worked! I'm still in massive shock! it's been a long time coming!

Attachments

• IMG_7938.jpg
    IMG_7938.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 6

Thank you! Today is actually 'tomorrow' and I'm pleased to say, BFP!! :happydance:

Still very nervous, but this is the first time I've ever had an actual positive test!

We only managed to get one donation this time, can't believe it worked! I'm still in massive shock! it's been a long time coming!

Oh! Oh! Oh! Cinderella, what a beautiful looking positive:happydance::happydance::happydance:
I'm so pleased for you - you thought the TWW was bad, welcome to the next 12 weeks until your scan!

So, there you go - it only takes one strong little swimmer -even if you'd had 10 goes it would still only be one plucky little guy that gets through.

Again, huge congrats, I'll look forward to following you journey to holding your bundle of joy. Xx

Thanks Rags, I’ve been around so long, following everyone’s stories and it literally felt like this was never going to happen for me.
The donor was really optimistic that it would happen first time and I just couldn’t believe that would happen.

Am booking an early viability scan for 7wks, just make sure everything is ok in there!

Can’t believe how bloated and sick I feel already, am trying to remind myself it’s a good sign that the hormones are working 🤢😂

Oh, and for completeness sake... get a load of this! :cloud9:

Doesn't get much clearer than that! lol

Attachments

• IMG_7942.jpg
    IMG_7942.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 3
Oh, and for completeness sake... get a load of this! :cloud9:

Doesn't get much clearer than that! lol

Lol lots and lots - I've a very similar photo where I couldn't quite believe it until the digital said 2-3 weeks! I had a 6 week scan, it was really worth it. Post a photo when you get it - meantime, for early sickness try taking a flask of tea to bed with you and have a packet of dry biscuits on the bedside table, that way in the morning you don't need to get out of bed to have something warm and settling in your tummy, doesn't always work but can help settle your tummy for a wee while.

Congrats KN:cloud9:

Congrats Cinderella hope you keep well

Rags: How are you and LO?

xx

Congrats KN:cloud9:

Congrats Cinderella hope you keep well

Rags: How are you and LO?

xx

Hi Fairytales, how are you doing?

Things are rather hectic for Ds and I - I worked most of the Easter break and school went back today so I really feel as though I've missed out:growlmad:
I've checked with work and they will be closed for both of the May bank holidays so I'm hoping we can make up for it a bit then.
Ds was 8 a few weeks ago!!! It's been so amazingly quick and he's so grown up - but still loves curling up on the couch or climbing in to bed with me (and he still lets me give him a kiss at the school gate - which I'm really savouring because I don't think it'll go on much longer).
We've no holiday plans as yet this year, been decorating in the house and wasn't planning on doing much more but a couple of electrical issues mean I've had to start in a couple of other rooms. I'm not someone to who decorated often so I'm hoping if I just get it all done now I can sit back for a few years...

Love to all. Xx

So, that didn't last long :cry:

I started to miscarry early on the 24th Apr... still going through it now but think I passed the tissue yesterday. Hardest thing I think I've ever been through. I cried solidly for about 3 days, then had 3 days of excruciating pain, just hours of contractions, prescription strength cocodamol every few hours didn't touch it at all. I had a scan at the EPU on the 25th who said I probably was miscarrying but they couldn't confirm it until a week later as the baby was still where it should be. Returned on the 3rd to show no heartbeat and foetus was now in my cervix and it was imminent.

Am completely devastated. I'd already made so many plans and was so in love with my bundle of cells already. I have to return to work on Monday and am just so scared of walking back in there without being pregnant, it just all seems a bit pointless.

Donor has been great, has said all the right things and is ready to help for as long as it takes. The midwife was great, said that there was no reason it would happen again... not that that's much comfort right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->