Any Soy Ladies out there?

Back to TTC cycle 3 :( I dunno why this keeps happening to me.. dont let me test before AF is late again! I'm off to find the chinese medicine thread and see if anyone can suggest a supplement to prevent early miscarriages and problems with implantation.

Also, why are we in the buddies section? Shouldnt we be in the groups?!

ha, no it's not that, I just see us as a group. When I look at all the other buddie threads it's more people wanting to buddy up with someone instead of talking and helping eachother with a certain TTC topic (in this case soy) like all the other TTC groups.

I didn't even realise where this thread was - I rarely stray away from the threads I've posted in! I think I found it using the search function originally.

Blah.. I'm sorry, honey! :hugs: You might be able to get some good info in TTCAL too! I have a lot of great women in my threads over there... and they might be able to give you some advice on early MC prevention.

I didn't know we were in the buddy section either! Weird! I don't think that's really where we belong, as it was an information thread... not a buddy thread. But, whatever! LOL It just seems like the info will be a lot harder to find in this section!

Just looked back at the first post in this thread and it says
Looking for a ttc buddy who uses Soy Isoflavones!

So that explains it, well I never! Most people manage to find their way here though!

Just looked back at the first post in this thread and it says
Looking for a ttc buddy who uses Soy Isoflavones!

So that explains it, well I never! Most people manage to find their way here though!

Ha! That's funny! I know the OP, and she's not even using Soy anymore! It does explain it though! Mystery solved! Thanks for that! :)

Well, I'm on my 3rd day of Soy
My pill bottle says they are 50mg each, so I've been taking 4 a day
the last 2 days I'm going to up that to 5 (for 250mg)
I'm a pretty big girl so - that's my reasoning on starting with a "higher" dose
I'm not feeling anything from the Soy though like some have reported
There's enough in the bottle to do another round should this one not work....
Going to get some B6 tomorrow also since I've got barely a 10 day LP

I feel like a junkie sometimes when I'm standing at the counter taking pill after pill after pill. The upside though is - I get in LOTS of water :haha:

Islechick you are trying to get your body to ovulate right? If not i don't recommend such a high dose. Neither Clomid nor Soy dosage goes by weight. It goes by hormone levels. Hope i dont offend i am just worried for you :flower:

Islechick you are trying to get your body to ovulate right? If not i don't recommend such a high dose. Neither Clomid nor Soy dosage goes by weight. It goes by hormone levels. Hope i dont offend i am just worried for you :flower:

You are 100% right... and if you hadn't said it, I would have!

Well, I'm on my 3rd day of Soy
My pill bottle says they are 50mg each, so I've been taking 4 a day
the last 2 days I'm going to up that to 5 (for 250mg)
I'm a pretty big girl so - that's my reasoning on starting with a "higher" dose
I'm not feeling anything from the Soy though like some have reported
There's enough in the bottle to do another round should this one not work....
Going to get some B6 tomorrow also since I've got barely a 10 day LP

I feel like a junkie sometimes when I'm standing at the counter taking pill after pill after pill. The upside though is - I get in LOTS of water :haha:

You should really have started with 100mg/day and stuck with it through a whole cycle. The previous poster is correct... You really shouldn't be on such a high dose... especially not knowing how you'll react. In fact, the lowest dose that works is the best dose. You may actually render yourself unable to ovulate this cycle by taking so much. :( I hope you don't though! :hugs:

P.S. I'm definitely a pretty big girl... and it has nothing to do with your weight.

megg - i'm so anxious to see if soy worked for me. it kept my O date the same, but the ovulation i feel was definitely stronger. sigh, i hate this wait :) one more week!

islechik, i had a shorter cycle by 4 days with 120mg than when i used 200mg! its weird but higher doesnt mean better x

the 40mg dose i have been taking has kept my o date pretty much the same too. i got my +OPK today at cd 17 and am expecting to get my temp rise tomorrow or the day after. i am definitely feeling ovulation cramps when usually i only feel them post-o so i know it's done something

Hi LaPinska,

Yes, I am - both TCOYF & FF are sketchy on if I ovulated and I don't get any of the real "signs" that people talk about - a wee bit of cramping (centred) & that's it.
In about 8 hours it will be time for day 4 - I guess I'll just keep it at 200mg then. Going to pick up some B6 because if I *did* ovulated when the charts said - we're talking like a 9-10 day LP.

I've never had a +OPK, nor a ferning with the little lick & look microscope

I'm not feeling anything on the soy at all and I am looking/waiting...not one indication that there's anything in my system :nope:

Thanks for your concern ladies, I think I'll just finish up on the 200mg this month & see what happens - but hey, JennieRennie said a BFP next month from a cycle that starts this month so....who knows? :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->