Any witches?

Hey ladies, nice to see some fellow Pagans on the board! I'm a bit of a closet Pagan, not so in my teens, I was quite vocal about it. But I'm 29 now and just slowly stopped discussing it with people. My spirituality is quite eclectic and doesn't follow any doctrine.

I hope to raise my children Pagan, though I don't want to have to explain that to my family again! :haha:

I know exactly what you mean - I used to be far more vocal about it but I don't feel the need anymore. And I don't follow doctrine either :) I can't imagine having to explain the whole Pagan children thing to my family either!

Ah, we should start sharing tips on how to slowly bring it up. I don't know why the idea of having to explain it to them bothers me so much. I wouldn't explain myself, but I know how kids like to blurt out everything you tell them. :)

I guess I have a deep rooted need for approval from my family that I can't shake off, I guess most people probably do. I'm not ashamed of my beliefs, but they are very personal and intimate and I no longer see the need to constantly defend them like I did when I was younger. Ah well, I'm sure no one will be surprised when the time comes!

I have a deep rooted need for approval too!! Coming out as bisexual was hard enough, and since I had a boyfriend for so long my family just assumed I got over my 'phase' and now I'm just some normal, straight, christian.... :dohh:

I have no tips I'm afraid!! I have absolutely no idea how to bring it up to my family again, let alone if I have children who believe the same things :dohh:

I am a believer too. I was raised a catholic and it never felt right I never got much out of it like others seem too. The magikal rituals take a lot of time and effort to practice though, I haven't been up to it lately. Very interesting stuff.

right, abit of a weird question but..

like white witches and stuff do spells and stuff? like say if i wanted to stop my feelings for a complete arsehole :(

read something like this when i was 15 like a spell kinda thing?
hope this threads still going? love it xxx

right, abit of a weird question but..

like white witches and stuff do spells and stuff? like say if i wanted to stop my feelings for a complete arsehole :(

read something like this when i was 15 like a spell kinda thing?
hope this threads still going? love it xxx

Hi, EmziiBo0o, that really depends on the Witch, just like with any spirituality there are many differences between the way one Witch practices from another, and there are many who cast spells.

If you wanted my personal advice, most spells are little different that visualization of the desired outcome or praying. Considering you're dealing with your own feelings it would be best to work on discovering why you love them and if your own well-being is worth that love. If they really do treat you badly, it could be co-dependence you feel and not love.

Best of luck, hun, remember ultimately you are the only one with control over what you feel.

He who cares the least gets the upper hand in a relationship. I was a doormat for a guy for a long time as in he would drop his laundry by and i would do it while he went out with the guys (cringe) just one example. Just givve it time and i bet you will look back and wonder hwat was so great about this person. Things we can't have always seem better than what we can have. The grass is greener etc u get the point. You are pretty i bet u could get a lot of guys. move on and he will come lookng for u! its human nature if he doesn't well u have your answer in that too.

He who cares the least gets the upper hand in a relationship. I was a doormat for a guy for a long time as in he would drop his laundry by and i would do it while he went out with the guys (cringe) just one example. Just givve it time and i bet you will look back and wonder hwat was so great about this person. Things we can't have always seem better than what we can have. The grass is greener etc u get the point. You are pretty i bet u could get a lot of guys. move on and he will come lookng for u! its human nature if he doesn't well u have your answer in that too.

I have no confidance what so ever, i hate how this all is, im only 20 and im doing his washing while hes out with his friends, cooking for him when i get back from work, and hes had the only day off today in a very long time and hes deffed me off for his mates so fedup of it all, he isnt even that special for me to keep doing this :( i have nothing against him seeing his friends, but its ALL the time they come first, he doesnt even want to come away with me + LO he wants to go with his friend :(

I'm a solitary Pagan by nature, was raised in a full blown coven though. I'm just a witch, nothing special fancy title wise cuz I don't really know how to label myself, I do whatever works for me. nice to see so many here!

It's great to see so many on here! I wasn't sure if there would be as many :) I think we need to try harder to keep this thread afloat :)

I guess I would say I’m witch-curious...I don’t have a religion just different beliefs from everyone it seems. I’m currently reading about (and trying to contact) spirit guides but I believe that is more along the lines of a pagan. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Id like to show my daughter how to be spiritual but in the long run, I would like her to decide which path she would like to take.
Great forum btw:winkwink:

Hi to everyone, I dont always do spells but I do use lots of herbs and things for various stuff. I kind of dip in and out of it but my beliefs always stay true to my heart :)

September is such a beautiful month too. Cant wait :)

This is a great thread! I never would have thought there would be so many on here.

Hi, my name is Kira and I'm a recovering Catholic. 15 years guilt-free! :haha:

I haven't done any casting or spellwork in years. It takes so much time and I feel I need an outdoor space to cast, which I don't have right now. :cry: Soon!! We're moving out of the city next year and I'll have my natural altar then. For now, the little table in my spare room has to do.

I also didn't think there would be so many white witches here! :flower:

I didn't expect to see you here MackMomma!! I knew you were guilt free though which is great :)

What got you all interested in spells and magic?

Everdreaming - I get that a lot. On the outside, I look like the sweet innocent Southern belle my momma raised me to be - but on the inside, I'm secretly a Pagan hippie flower child. :haha:

For me it just started when I started realizing that I had huge moral contradictions with the Catholic church. I refused to go through confirmation because even 13 year old me knew something didn't sit right inside me with my faith. I'd always had a very natural view of the world. It make more sense to me that the world made itself and not some sometimes-benevelent omnipotent entity. (Can't even call the Christian god a 'being', how odd is that?) As I got older, I was introduced to more facets of the craft here and there. I think I cast my first spell at 16. It grew from there. I read lots of books and was blessed to have some very influential wiccans cross my path. I studied casually with a high priestess when I lived in Denver.

I now study the history of religions in college. My degree is in history with minors in philosophy, religious studies, and English. So, I guess you can say the interest never stopped!

Im a white witch with a satanic babydaddy lol and If my test comes up positive today then my baby is due on a full moon lol.

My twins were born on a red full moon Feb 21 2008. I too have left christianity. I can't say what I practice other then meditation, yoga, and spells in the past that don't seem to work out too great.

Hi ladies -

I've always been deeply interested in Wicca/Paganism. I used to read a lot about it back in the day (middle school/high school) but didn't continue when I moved a few years ago. I've met a few people who wear the pentacle on a daily basis, but don't practice any form of it. Honestly I've met a lot of people who just wanted to "rebel" lol.
I am really interested in picking it back up. I recently met a woman in the town where I live who teaches classes on various Wiccan/Pagan things - my OH thinks its silly but I think there must've been a reason that I met that woman, and I really want to take some classes once I have some extra money.

Where is that online school someone mentioned? Is it reasonable? I'm dying to learn more about it.

EDIT: Oh, and blessed be. ;)

I have never really gotten into wicca or paganism so well with other people, I like just reading books about it and taking what I need out of it.

Let me know how it goes if you do meet up with this person for lessons! I think I just like independence and solitary practice too much to want lessons from someone else :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->