Any words of wisdom for using my CBFM?

korink26

Reaction score
Looks like AF is on her way, so I'm going to open my Clear Blue Fertility Monitor and try it out this month. Any advice or heads up on it? Anything you realized/learned about it that you wish you had known earlier? I know some people say that they won't get a peak the first month, so I think I'll still use OPK's this month.

Don't listen to people who tell you that it doesnt read sticks after the first peak and suggest you stop testing or reuse sticks to save money. Yes it automatically gives a second peak and then a high, but it is still reading the data from those sticks and will use it in following cycles to give you a more precise reading. When you have spent a lot on a monitor it doesnt make sense to scrimp and save a fiver on some sticks if this means that you end up delaying your conception by a few months, and still end up buying more sticks as a result :)

Agree Emum-thanks for the advice! This might be a stupid question, but I guess I'm a little confused. Do I turn the monitor on every morning to see if it wants a test, or do I turn it on for Day 1 and then not again until Day 6?

I'm new to my cbfm too! I'm just using mine this month For the first time. today i am cd6 so i got to use my first test!! I believe you turn it on every day. They say if you miss to turn it on days 1-5 its okay bcz you can reset the cycle day, but after cd5 you have to take a test and not skip. I think the monitor is sooo neat!! I love how awesome it is. I'm so excited to see my high fertility days! What do you mean you heard ppl say you don't get a peak the first month?

I've used mine twice now - got pregnant first time both times. The first ended in mc but the second, well I'm about 5 and half weeks and keeping everything crossed!

I had to reset it this last time, but still got peaks and highs even on the first month. Unless you have very long cycles it only wants you to use 10 sticks per month. This last time my first peak didn't arrive until CD 16 but it didn't ask me for anymore tests after that.

It doesn't work first time for everyone but I wouldn't hesitate to use mine again and I definitely recommend it to others. You still need to try and relax about it all because it can't do that!

Good luck!

Yahh Babydust, we'll be testing it out together! Idk, me and all my googling, I've read a lot of comments that the first cycle some women don't get peaks because the monitor is still getting to know our cycles? Idk?! Hopefully that's not the case for us and we get our peaks.
You're 4 days ahead of me, I usually OV around CD 17, what about you?
Thanks for the encouragement raspberry--how long were you TTC before you got the monitor?

You don't have to turn it on every day for the first 5 days nor do you need to reset it if you don't. The machine will automatically move on by a day whether or not you switch it on. But it is a good idea to get into the habit of switching it on daily so you know what it wants you to do. In the first month it won't ask for a stick until day 6, but if you have a short cycle or ovulate early then in other months it could ask you to start testing earlier.

Yahh Babydust, we'll be testing it out together! Idk, me and all my googling, I've read a lot of comments that the first cycle some women don't get peaks because the monitor is still getting to know our cycles? Idk?! Hopefully that's not the case for us and we get our peaks.
You're 4 days ahead of me, I usually OV around CD 17, what about you?
Thanks for the encouragement raspberry--how long were you TTC before you got the monitor?

I feel pregnant without the monitor in Jan 2011, first month trying too. After my first mc I got one just to boost our chances, we were NTNP for a couple of months after the mc and then started with the monitor. I know we've been lucky to fall pregnant so easily, I just hope this ones a keeper!

Thanks Emum!

Think positive Raspberry--- life can't be cruel enough to lose a 3rd PG. You will be just fine, so have a H&H 9months mama!

I didn't start tracking my ovulation until last month. My cycles are 31-33 days so i didn't O until CD19 last month. So I'm in for using 20 sticks this month. I'm so excited about it! No guessing with ovulation anymore. I sure hope we get BFP's this month!!! That would be sweeeet. I've heard great great things about this monitor. It may not get us our peanut the first couple months but its got to work sometime!! :)

Nope i haven't. I'm CD9 today. Its all been low. I been BD'in every other day just incase. I've known a few ppl getting pregnant their first time using it! I just am clueless as to why we need to test with FMU. Any other opk says not to.

I know, it makes me nervous because when I use OPK's in the am, I never get a positive! I usually test again at around 5 pm and then I get my positives. I've read the monitor is supposed to be more sensitive and it tests our estrogen(I think it was estrogen) levels as well as the luteinizing hormone (LH). Estrogen apparently starts to rise sooner than LH is detected. OPK's can only detect the LH hormone. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!?
Has it asked you for a stick everyday since CD6? Because I'll use a lot of tests because I don't usually O until around CD 17! Hopefully it works first month for us!! FX!!

Hi I have just received my CBFM and I need to reset it (bought off ebay). It says I have to use a stick to reset. I only have an unused one and was wondering will that stick be wasted or can I use it to pee on later when I need to start testing for real?

I really don't know anything about it yet as this is my first month, but if you're saying you put in an unused one to get it to reset, I would say you can def. use it again? I'm no expert, but I would reuse it.

I am CD11 today and got my first high!! Woohoo. Which is super weird because i don't O until around CD19 (or atleast last month i did). I read you may get a few high days the first month since the monitor is getting to know your body. I'm just excited to see it say something more than low.

Korink26 - have you gotten a high or peak yet?! The monitor says you have to use the sticksticks in incremants of 10. Do since cD6 is the first stick, the last would be CD15. If you haven't O'd yet then you have to use another 10 regardless. So i know I'm gonna have to use all 20. Boo. What day in your cycle are you? Fx'd for us!!!

As far as peeing on the stick you used to reset it, i had to do the same and i do intend on using the stick again.

Woohoo on the high!! I'll be excited just to see something besides M and 1-5! I can't imagine how excited I'll be when I get my highs and peaks!! Keep me updated how it goes for you!

No, I'm only CD5! Tomorrow's my first stick! I thought I've read that people say once they get their peak, they turn the monitor off instead of wasting sticks. Although, I think since it's my first time using it, I'll do exactly what I should for the first couple months.

I am going to do all the sticks first few monthsatoo so that way the cbfm has a chart of your body. I think not using all the sticks the first month will make it not be as effective and get all wonky. I'm so happy to see the high for sure!! How long are your cycles korink?like 30 days? We should be O'n right around the same time!! So exciting. We're in this together. Let me know how yours goes too!! Xoxo

Yep, about 30 days depending when I OV. My LP is usually 12 days, so always right around 30--you too right?
Excited you're right around the same time as me, we can hold hands through this and hopefully the bia stays away!!

I hope that whore stays away!! She is a bia for sure! Ugh. Lol. I'm about 31-33 days in cycles. I can't wait for peak on cbfm. I hate waiting. Let me know how it goes for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->