Any work @ home moms?

Jewels

Wife & Aussie Mommy!
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this question.. If not I'm sorry! :blush:

My husband and I are currently waiting to TTC and will be starting in July or maybe August. Being a huge planner, I'm already worrying about how we'd handle childcare as I currently work from home (I know I shouldn't be worrying about this now, but I am!). I hope to continue to work from home, but I'm not really sure what my options are. I would love to be able to take care of the baby and work at the same time, but I just don't know if that's realistic. I basically have a 8am - 4:30pm desk job. I typically finish my work pretty quickly and have spare time to do other things during the day, however I am still logged into work at this time, and anything could come up. I do have to field phone calls (not tons) - but some days are busier than others. Some days I do have to physically go in to the office for meetings etc. My hubby does go in to his office to work, but does have the capability of working from home occasionally if needed.

Is there anyone else in the same situation? Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you in advance! :laugh2:

i work from home, but its just every wed afternoon and its roughly 3 phone calls, i try to get LO to sleep before or hand her to my parents, (i live at home atm)
SIL works from home and she used to try to get her LO to sleep or work round her, she usually found clients were understanding about the fact she worked from home and sometimes had to go deal with a crying baby/busy toddler

sorry its a pants reply x

I work from home I have to do my 6 hours in normal office time bwteen 9-5! I return in July and honestly ....I'm dreading it! I know concentration is going to suck big time & I think if it involved calls I'd probably not have returned tbh!

:D

It's definitely tough to juggle working at home with taking care of the kids. Our businesses are run through home and there are times I've gone crazy because I couldn't get a thing done. Even now, I am not all as efficient as I used to be before kids.

If your job requires you to in fact do your 6 hours you might want to get someone to babysit in your home a few hours. That way you can keep an eye on the way they are taking care of your child and if your child truly needs you there, you will be there.

I run my own business out of my house. My mom is coming to stay the summer with me so that I can work and not have to have a babysitter. After that, I'm not really sure what's going to happen. Hopefully, I'll be busy enough DH can quit his job and work for me, if not, I'll probably have to hire a nanny for a couple days a week so I can see clients at their offices.

Thanks so much for all of the great replies! There are so many options out there, I'm sure we will figure which one works best for us. Maybe a part time nanny or something like that will work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->