anybody doing slimming world?

Fantastic!! I still haven't fully grasped the extra easy plan yet. So if I want pasta or rice etc as a snack on extra easy I can? x

Hiya girls :)
I started SW last night and im loving the new extra easy plan! used to do the red an green days 10yrs ago but never liked it.
I have a LOT to lose, 7 stones 4lb to be precise...for the first time i feel i will do it tho :)
I have put weight on over the yrs due to comfort eating whilst ttc and iv put 2 stones on in the 4mths since losing our baby and my tube. I am determined to lose the weight to help me get pregnant again and know weight loss will help me acheive that dream of becoming a mum.
Just been reading through all of this thread and glad i found it! i had a fry up for brekky all done in frylight and for tea i made a vege chilli with rice and even dh enjoyed it! lol

xxx

hi guys.
I lost 2lbs and got slimmer of the month wooohoooooo!

Hey everyone,
So i joined SW yesterday. Am loving the extra easy plan! I'm having trouble with DH though... he doesnt understand how we will lose weight and be allowed to eat so much. We had a massive arguement about it in Morrisons of all places! He was trying to get me to buy reduced salt and sugar beans, but i've had them before and don't like them. And i dont see the point if i can have beans anyways! We talked about it and he said its gonna take me getting a loss on my first week for him to believe in it! Grrr!

Anyways had beans on toast for brekkie, jacket potato with ham salad for lunch and chicken wrapped in bacon with new potatoes and veg for dinner! Yummy! And just had a lovely muller light (bought flipping fruit corners yesterday so will be giving them away as i now have some muller lights)

Well done everyone that lost weight! Its really encouraging to see! :happydance:

Oooh also, i bought some quark today but not really sure what to do with it :blush:

Hi Pink :)

I did SW yrs ago and quark is mostly used in cooking as a cream cheese sub ;-)
can also go nice in a jacket potato with pineapple and ham tho. u can make dips with it too. i used to put some curry powder in it and have that as a dip for my syn free chips.

My dh dosen't believe i will lose weight either altho he has said nothing he was giggling at my fry up brekky this mornin. lmao. Wait till weigh in. we'l show em ;-)

xxx

Woop woop Mrs Q :happydance::cloud9::happydance:

Hi to everyone else - welcome Africa Queen :flower:

Roo - whichever syns are the lowest are the ones for extra easy eg: if a cake was 3 syns on a green but 2 syns on a red - you would automatically count it as 2 syns iyswim?! This is good to remember if you use older recipe books that only state red or green values
Get the chickpeas sorted woman!!! :rofl::rofl:

Oh and we WILL lose loads of weight - stupid fellas, mine only started to believe it when he needed new kecks for work as his were mahoosive after a month of extra easy HA.

Magpie - cous cous cake loads nicer today :happydance: I make a chocolate orange cake which is always nicer the day after it has sat out all night - weird huh.

Had a roast dinner for tea tonight :munch: lean pork joint but stripped rest of the fat off and layer it with slices of apple to cook so wouldn't dry out too much - was gawjus.
Have a good night - I'm having a voddie (or 6) as my MIL is staying and making me watch the fecking election :dohh::growlmad:

:hugs:

Does anyone rem wot page the recipe for the couscous cake is on?? sounds yummy and i have a mega sweet tooth. lol. xxx

Does anyone rem wot page the recipe for the couscous cake is on?? sounds yummy and i have a mega sweet tooth. lol. xxx

(from Magpie)
Here is my cous cous cake recipe:

113g of cous cous
150ml of water
1 egg white
1 mullerlight yogurt (any flavour i like toffee & choc & orange)
4 teaspoons of sweetner

Make the cous cous up with boiling water and leave to soak up.

Mix the egg white, the yogurt & the sweetner together.

Mix everything together.

Grease a bun tin with fry light spray.

Put mixture into bun tin.

Stick in the oven at 180/200 degrees until golden brown and firm to touch.

Cool & eat.

Syn free!!

There ya go! I used toffee muller and it was dead nice but smelt of playdough a bit :wacko:
Will post the choc cake one 2moz and I made a really nice carrot cake last week too - will sort it when I aren't vodkered :blush:xx

Welcome new ladies :wave: Your hubands are in for a suprise. Lol.

And Thanks pip. This extra easy just gets better and better. Fantastic!! Apple on pork. Yum! That's a feb idea, never thought of that before. Ummm... Really fancy that now.

Ps. enjoy the vodies, bout all I'd enjoy. Bloody MIL's. Lol. xx

Its by the cottage cheese. Also i add sweetner to mine for a sweet desert mmmmm.

I made a yummy dinner last night....

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DTx19ZFvF_0/SLBbuJBOeDI/AAAAAAAAAAY/Z3f6w_TGppM/s1600-h/DSC02508.JPG

This is from the SW website lifeline online but i adapted it.

Free on Green if using quorn but i cant as hubby dont like quorn grrrrrr and add 6 syns if not using the cheese as a Healthy extra.

Ingredients-

675g Potatoes, peeled and Quartered.
6 quorn sausages
Fry light
2 cans of BBQ baked beans
168g reduced fat chedder cheese sliced
Salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 200. Boil potatoes till tender.
Meanwhile, fry or grill the qorn sausages in fry light turning occasionally for 10-15 mins until cooked through.
Cut the sausages into litle slices and place in an oven proof dish.
Mix in the baked beans.
Cover with the sliced cheese.
Drain the potatoes then mash and add seasoning (i added paprika or bbq).
Once mashed spread on top of the cheese layer and bake for 30 mins until golden on the top.

Mmm had chicken wrapped in bacon with new potatoes and veg last night, was sooo yummy!!

Found a recipe for smash pizza and chicken cake if anyones interested!

i tried the smash pizza i thought it was gross. But i have a recipe for using hovis wholemeal crusty bread mix as a hexb for pizza base if you like? Supposed to be lush.
xxxx

I am trying red & green days this week to see if it boosts my loss.

Did green yesterday and wed. Trying red today. I find green alot easier.

Chicken cake?! Whaaat? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->