anybody doing slimming world?

Hi everyone do you mind if I join you all?

I started Slimming World last week, am doing it at home and had my first weigh in yesterday and I lost 3.5lbs :D

Am really happy with that and am hoping that I can keep losing. Looking forward to sharing ideas and stuff with you all :)

Welcome Smiley!

Hi girls, i got hme frm London before and altho i went well over my syns, i didnt bugger up as much as i thought i would. lol. my main treats were a mcflurry as it was soooo hot, and a small slice of strawberry cheesecake. I had some wine with meals (5 glasses all in) and 1 ice cold pint of lager. Other than that i had grilled meats and rice and and pretty much behaved food wise. We did soooo much walking that the muscles in my calves are in agony!! we walked for 6hrs one day and around 2 hrs each day the other 2 days, plus up and down tons of stairs so im hoping that i have managed to maintain or at worst gained a 1lb. I feel really fit after all that exercise and iv even got sunburnt! lol. Im going to carry on walking each day for around a hr a day if i can manage to maintain it. Might get weighed in boots tomorrow and see what the damage is so i knw what to expect. lol. I really enjoyed it tho and my dh's 30th birthday was lovely. He was like a kid in a sweet shop when we went on the emirates tour!

Hope u are all doing well and enjoying this beautiful weather xxx

Is anyone around today?? lol
Ooh i just wrote down what treats i had the past few days and i went over my allowence by 40 syns :-( really enjoyed my few days away but prob not gonna enjoy a gain on wed. Ah well its done now. Iv had a cornetto today but other than that i have had a chicken salad, a mug shot and some fruit and from tomorrow im gonna be syn free intill after wed's weigh in. :)

Just watching BGT and hope that spelbound win xxx

Africaqueen if you go syn free and try and make sure that you eat as many superspeed foods as possible and try to do a bit of exercise each day between now and Weds you may be able to pull it back before weigh in.

I've gone way over my syns today! I've had a really, really busy day moving our bedroom furniture in and out of the room on my own (OH is away) and then painting all the woodwork and a couple of walls. I'm absolutely shattered! Didn't have any lunch but decided to have a Crabbies Ginger Beer which is 8.5 syns and had a Weight Watchers pizza for tea with some frozen potato wedges :dohh:

I'm going to keep my syns for tomorrow and Monday down to a minimum to try and even it out - at least I have till Friday to recouperate!

Thanks Smiley, im hoping that will work and if not at least i enjoyed the treats and break away so will get straight back on track :)
Really hope that i can somehow manage to lose 1lb though so i get my stone award... we'l see! lol

xxx

I'm sure you haven't done much damage AQ. Glad you had a good time x

Welcome Smiley!

I've had an awful, terrible, atrocious week! Completely off course, but according to my scales I've gained 1/2lb, so I should be grateful for that and try my hardest until weigh in on Tuesday.

I've decided that my downfall is not having any easy/quick veg in the house. LO is still quite demanding so I'm struggling to cook anything decent and have been relying on pasta on a good day, and Chinese take away on a bad day :blush:

I'm going to try and get to asda today for some ready prepared salad, it'll cost a fortune, but I know I'll never have time to chop up my own from scratch. What cold meats are ok on SW? Can I get normal sandwich ham, or is that not lean enough? I quite like ham and cheese salads so will try and get some stuff like that. Any low syn salad dressings you can recommend?

Hiya Cocoa.

Ye i hope il be okish. lol. Needed the bit of a blow out though so cnt complain if iv gained as i enjoyed drinking wine in the sunshine with dh as we never get a chance to do that with him working away 4 days a wk :)

Normal sandwich meat is fine, just choose a pack that is not fatty. I always get the cheap sliced ham for my salads. As regards salad dressings, the kraft fat free ones were on offer in asda last wk, 2 btls for £1 which is really good! i got the french dressing and italian dressing ones. Think it works out about 1 syn for a decent dressing on ur salad with those ones ;-) they are nice too.

Well today i had 2 slices w/m toast (heb) with spaghetti hoops and a apple and nectarine for lunch and for tea im thinking of making a lasagne but got 3% fat free fromage frais as could not find completely fat free, wonder how many syns that will make it? i got low fat cheese to use as a HEA choice for it.

Hope we all are all doing ok xxx

Ive eaten far too much this weekend will be surprised if I have lost owt.

I made proper synful rice pudding last night.... but omg it was so good....

Whats the recipe for the syn free one? Anyone mind reposting?

xxx

Hi magpies.
Glad im not alone in dreading this wk's weigh in! lol

the recipe for the syn free rice pudding is-

50g pudding rice
30g sweetener
350ml skimmed milk (hea)
200ml water
good pinch of nutmeg.

Method- put rice, sweetener, milk, water and nutmeg in the pan.
Bring to the boil whilst stirring all the time.
Reduce to a gentle simmer for 20 mins.
Enjoy!

xxx

Ooh and i went on the SW website and the asda good for you natural fromage frais is syn free on all plans :) was only about 70p for a large tub too so thats good xxx

Ahh so basically sub the full fat milk for skimmed & water and the sugar for sweetner!

Ta honey!!

I am not getting weighed next week either because I am away on holiday just hoping I dont put on. Its a very active holiday tho so I will be doing more walking/swimming/exercise than normal so hoping that helps.

xxx

Ooh where r u going on hol?
I found out that i would have to walk around 19 miles at my weight to burn off just 1lb!! well shocked! lol. Also i found out that it takes the average person around a extra 500cals per day for a wk to gain 1lb. So hoping the damage i did in london is not too bad... lol.
There's some useless slimming trivia for u all anyway. haha xxx

Oooh I dont think I have had over 500 cals that I should of had so hope im okay....

Just to centre parcs in the lake no where exotic but cant wait!! Its my birthday too. I am 23 on the 15th.

xxx

u will be fine then hun cos u have to have a extra 500cals per day for a wk to gain 1lb ;-)
Hoping based on this, that im ok too! lol

Ooh that will be lovely. I love the lakes. Hope the weather is lovely for u :) and that u have a lovely bday!

Im hoping when i get weighed that i have lost 1lb but i might have stayed the same. Just hope i have not gained! lol.

xxx

syn free meringues !!
use quantity to your own discresion
mix egg white and candrel (sweetener) together, whisk until really thick, place onto baking paper (how ever big or small you want them) cook on a very very low heat until crispy (not burnt :haha:)

for the cream
1 tub of quark
3/4 tub of muller light vanilla yoghurt
mixed together with couple drops of vanilla essence and place inbetween two meraingue shells

mmm that recipe sounds yummy! will have to get some baking paper!
I am feeling like something sweet but im syn free intill thursday now after the London blow out so im gonna make some syn free rice pudding as i have not used my hea yet :)

xxx

cant say im much for rice pudding unless it has too much sugar and jam in it :(

I'm useless. USELESS I tell you!
Don't even wanna think about my weekend's eating :dohh:
Back on the wagon til Thursday now. Right at the front, so there's no chance of falling off....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->