Anybody NOT missed the drink?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by thedog, Dec 27, 2009.

1. thedog

thedog Guest

So has anybody who didnt drink over Xmas not missed it? I cant believe i havent had even a sip this Christmas, it hasn't bothered me at all aswell.
    x

2. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

I had a sip of wine and a sip of Champange on Christmas day....my first taste of alcohol since I got preg with my son back in July 2008!

If I hadnt of had them I certainly wouldnt have missed it.

Emmaxx

3. rattlegirl28

rattlegirl28 Well-Known Member

I haven't had a drop and I definately didn't miss it! I can barely face water or juice so alcohol didn't even cross my mind. It's weird because when I was very stressed trying to conceive I drank quite often to switch my brain off. Now I'm so happy to be pregnant that I don't feel the need.

4. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Well-Known Member

I didn't taste a sip and with my nausea that's all I need... :sick: I did miss trying the wine as I like it, but who knows, maybe I wouldn't have liked it as my tastebuds are all over the place. But in the whole I didn't miss anything because I'm glad to be doing it for baby.

5. Jetters

Jetters Well-Known Member

I don't miss it either, probably cos I feel so rubbish I don't fancy one!! The only time it really felt weird to not drink was at my work christmas party... it really does suck being the sober one! But other than that, I don't miss it :)

6. binxyboo

binxyboo Well-Known Member

nope. I don't miss it at all.
    In fact, I doubt whether I will go back to drinking when baby is born!!

7. Pops

Pops Proud Mum & Wifey

Me neither.

I haven't had a sip since finding out and it really hasn't bothered me. The not having prawn cocktail or parma ham or mussels has been far more difficult!! But you know, I'd go without anything for this little one.

xxx

8. Jetters

Jetters Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was more annoyed at missing out on the christmas pate than the wine!!!

9. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

I rarely drank in the first place so I didn't miss drinking over Christmas, nor will I miss it on New Year's Eve. I might get some sparkling cider or something for NYE as it is our 10 year anniversary of when we met for my dh and I.

10. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

i don't drink, so i didn't miss it.
    i'm really missing cups of tea though. i used to drink up to 10 cups a day but went cold turkey as soon as i got my positive pregnancy test. i know i don't have to give it up completely, but it was a personal choice. however, i had to pull out the decaf teabags when i was at work yesterday, just to keep me going.
    xx

11. Jade_Grenade

Jade_Grenade Well-Known Member

Haven't missed it in the slightest :)

12. his_belle

his_belle Stick,little bebe,stick!

I certainly don't!
    Far too excited about little bean.... and yes, having morning sickness sure helps me not miss red wine!

13. BabyL0Ve

BabyL0Ve Guest

Dont miss drinking at all! Its weird because I used to love drinking beer and now i am whatever about it. Ill probably get sick if i drink it after i have the baby lol

14. lillprutten

lillprutten Guest

Havent had a sip of alcohol since beginning of august, before pregnant i didnt drink much but i can assure you if i knew i would get pregnant i would of at least have had a glass of wine or so before getting pregnant! Not that i miss it at all now when pregnant as i got this instinctely disgust just the thought of it now!

15. Lover

Lover Mummy to Leo & Rosalie

I don't miss it. I never drank that much before anyway, especially as we were TTC. My OH still drinks but it doesn't bother me..I'm not bothered about NYE either, the part that's gonna be dodgy is my OH's 21st party on the 2nd January because friends and family will be there that don't know I'm pregnant yet but I'll just say I'm driving and had a rough night NYE, haha :haha:

16. Tudor Rose

Tudor Rose Mummy

i havent missed the drink, i wasnt one for drinking before i fell pregnant tbh. i did miss the prawn cocktail though :(

17. vespersonicca

vespersonicca 2 gorgeous boys!

I was never a big drinker before and haven't minded skipping out on the toasts at Xmas for example. I actually found some nice sparkling pink lemonade to enjoy on New Years!! :happydance:

I think the biggest challenge will be inconspicuously passing on the alcohol at a dinner this week with friends. They don't know yet and we're not really sure if we want to tell yet. They will be very suspicious since I'll usually have at least a long drink as the designated driver since I have so much time to burn it off and it was supposed to be my husband's turn to drive...:dohh:

18. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

I didnt miss it until xmas day, and I only missed it to numb the pain of everyone round about me falling about and talking complete nonsense. I dont miss the taste or the sensation. XX

19. wannabemamma

wannabemamma Well-Known Member

I've never been much of a drinker so I haven't found it hard. I wouldn't say there hasn't been the odd occassion where I haven't missed it though, but I haven't found it hard to say no. I did have a half glass of champagne with my parents and then half a bucks fizz on Christmas Day a few days later though.

20. I must admit - I have missed Baileys! It's my favourite drink and seeing it lying around everywhere at people's houses drives me crazy!! But other than that, I haven't had any problems!
    I never drunk before, infact last time I was drank was on my 21st in July this year!! I think it's the whole thing of you can't have it so you want it!! That's just me though :p! xx