Anybody TTC for 12+ months?

BritAcrossSea

Yellow Bump Turned Pink
Reaction score
Hi ya there. I was just wondering how many of us are around who have been ttc for over 12 months. Me and my DH have been ttc for actually 15 months and I feel like that's one hell of a time with no success at all (but obviously understand that are so many others that have waited longer).

We've been referred to a FS and have actually had our first appt but I was also wondering what steps you guys are taking. Are you prepared to go down the FS path or are you determined to conceive naturally? Have you already taken steps down the FS route? It would be lovely to hear from others facing or have faced a similar path.

:cry: Am I on my own? I was sure there would be others, no worries... I'll just wait right here :coffee: and hopefully someone will join me.

I'm here too :flower:

OH and I have been ttc for 19 months now... we've had success twice but first was a natural mc at 3-4 weeks and last month I had a chemical :cry:

I am 21 and he is 26. We are relatively healthy and I have quit smoking for almost 2 weeks now. I never was a heavy smoker though, only a social smoker.

We've not been to the doctor yet as I need to work up the courage (had things happen to me in the past and couldn't bear it if it were bad news).

We're praying that this month is THE month!

Hi,
me and my hubby have been ttc for 20 months now and AF is due on Wednesday. We have 2 boys already so haven't seen doc for any tests yet as i'm not sure i want to go down that road with already having 2 children plus there isn't a lot doc can do for us again cause we already have kids. I am overweight and have been wondering if this is the cause of us not getting pregnant so i am losing weight at the moment to try to help our chances. Good luck xxx

Hey Hun,af due Monday and if it comes it'll be cycle 18,I've had my first fs appointment,had bloods done,waiting for u/s and pelvic examination,dh sa sample came back with low morphology at 9.5% but fs was not worried about this at all,our next appointment isn't until 20th dec so I'm hoping we may have a little miracle by then xx

hey guys we r on our 15 month ttc Af will b due in around 2 weeks ish i think! we have had 1 FS app. Had HSG, swabs and SA for OH all fine! only issue is day 21 bloods i dont seem to b O'ing!

We go bk in 1 wk for 2nd FS app and im hoping for clomid, gonna ask for a scan too just to check xx

27 months for us!

Previous GP refused to refer us until we reached the 2 year mark - not a happy bunny! Had CD21 bloods done in Oct - all ok.

Now with proactive new GP and under FS and just recently had 1st appointment. Had an internal with GP which didn't suggest anything wrong. Had my CD3 bloods taken yesterday, OH has had his SA and that came back fine. Another lot of CD21 bloods for me this cycle and hopefully HSG next cycle.

After all of that, looks like it'll be either IUI or IVF (or both) for us.

Just got to get my BMI down to atleast 35 for IUI and of course to 30 for IVF!

Yeay :happydance: I'm glad we'll be able to go through this journey helping and sharing it with each other. Berniep and Foxy, I'm on a weight loss mission as well. My FS told me that I've got to get my BMI down to 25!! Which means, I need to shed 2 stone and I know it's gonna be really hard - I have one major sweet tooth :icecream:

Sorry if I don't reply for a little while but I'm about to start the big travel from the USA to the UK. I've just finished packing which has been a huge chore but it's done now and so we're to set off extremely soon.

BTW, I'm taking a relaxed approach to ttc (or at least I'm trying to), as per the instructions of our FS. My AF finished a few days so I reckon I'll be ovulating in about a week (have I already contradicted my relaxed approach?). Let the bd'ing commence.

Take care and I'll be on again soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies x

Weve been TTC 21 months. We have 3 children already, we are 24 and 25yrs old, in the 21 months we have had 1 loss. I have had all the u/s bloodwork work up- everything comes back normal... BUT I dont Ovulate. I have a 2in cyst on my R ovary as well. Our insurance doesnt cover any Fertility treatments, so luckily we have a great doc who will help us. I am on Femara and thats only until Oct and then we were going to do ICI, but cancelled and now do 2 cycles of Soy and call it quits after that. After December 2010 we will be NTNP. Its been a long journey and I just have to be at peace that our DD2 will just be our last LO.

I'm back already :dohh:, I'm sitting in the airport atm - our flight is delayed so thought I'd make use of the free wi-fi.

OH and I have been ttc for 19 months now... we've had success twice but first was a natural mc at 3-4 weeks and last month I had a chemical :cry:

I am 21 and he is 26. We are relatively healthy and I have quit smoking for almost 2 weeks now. I never was a heavy smoker though, only a social smoker.

We've not been to the doctor yet as I need to work up the courage (had things happen to me in the past and couldn't bear it if it were bad news).

Sorry to hear about your previous losses :hugs2:. I haven't had the misfortune of having a mc but I feel for any person that has.

I see you're in the 2ww now. Are you a symptom spotter?

I know I'd put it in your journal but I really do think it's a great achievement that you've quit smoking even if you were more of a social smoker.

Hey Hun,af due Monday and if it comes it'll be cycle 18,I've had my first fs appointment,had bloods done,waiting for u/s and pelvic examination,dh sa sample came back with low morphology at 9.5% but fs was not worried about this at all,our next appointment isn't until 20th dec so I'm hoping we may have a little miracle by then xx

Do you have any symptoms? FX and GL.

Weve been TTC 21 months. We have 3 children already, we are 24 and 25yrs old, in the 21 months we have had 1 loss. I have had all the u/s bloodwork work up- everything comes back normal... BUT I dont Ovulate. I have a 2in cyst on my R ovary as well. Our insurance doesnt cover any Fertility treatments, so luckily we have a great doc who will help us. I am on Femara and thats only until Oct and then we were going to do ICI, but cancelled and now do 2 cycles of Soy and call it quits after that. After December 2010 we will be NTNP. Its been a long journey and I just have to be at peace that our DD2 will just be our last LO.

Is the Femara something that'll kick start your into ovulating? Sorry if I'm being too nosy but what's the soy for? I think I've seen posts about it but don't really know what it's about.

Hi ladies,
It has been 4 years for my and DH. I am 28 and Dh is 31. I have PCOS :cry: and he has nothing :thumbup:. I have done all the doctor things and nothing has worked so far. So I figured that I would try soy for a while and see how things work out. I took it last cycle but did not Ov. So I will take it one more cycle and if nothing happens I am going back to doctor to get put back on clomid. I am also on the weight loss train i have a lot more to lose according to my doctor how wants me to weight 125. :haha:I have never weighed that. I am taking a lot of herbs to get things normal right now and they seem to be working.

Is the Femara something that'll kick start your into ovulating? Sorry if I'm being too nosy but what's the soy for? I think I've seen posts about it but don't really know what it's about.

So far yeah it has helped with Ovulating. Im surprised but it has.

The soy is similar to Clomid/FE. It helps you to Ovulate but its all natural as apposed to a medication and it has less side effects. You take it just like Clomid (first few days of cycle), usually around 120mg and it will help you O. You can find it at Walmart,Walgreens, GNC, and im sure other stores. Look for Soy Isoflavones. Try not to get anything with anything else in it. I know Walmart has theirs for $5 and its labeled Soy Isoflavones, i believe each pill is 60mg but i could be wrong.
I took it and got BFP my 1st cycle- lost Wylder though. Im hoping it will work again if we need it after FE.

I'm back already :dohh:, I'm sitting in the airport atm - our flight is delayed so thought I'd make use of the free wi-fi.

Sorry to hear about your previous losses :hugs2:. I haven't had the misfortune of having a mc but I feel for any person that has.

I see you're in the 2ww now. Are you a symptom spotter?

I know I'd put it in your journal but I really do think it's a great achievement that you've quit smoking even if you were more of a social smoker.

Thanks!! I was an avid symptom spotter before... don't think I will be this time round as I used to convince myself I was pregnant every month :dohh:

Hello, yeah its 25 months of trying now for me and DH with an ectopic pregnancy in October 2008. I'm the last one left of all my friends to not have children - have stopped going out with them every week and now have new, childless friends who don't want to talk about poo, chapped nipples, pushchairs, sleepless nights, tantrums, etc etc.

I'm on my second months of clomid and so have become an avid symptom spotter as this is the first time in months that I've ovulated.

Good luck to everyone :dust:

This is gonna have to be a fleeting visit - I am absolutely shattered - but I was just wondering, where is everyone in their cycles? I've said before but I should ovulate in about a week but tbh my main priority is to get my backside down to a gym. I've given my DH until the end of the week for us to join one. We've got a couple in mind so we need to compare the two but I really would like to have had my first gym session by Friday. What's everyone else up to (besides baby making)? Speak to you soon x

CD5 for me - zzzzzzzz hate this part of the cycle. I don't ov till around CD19 so it seems to take forever to get there.

Good luck with the gym

I've just removed the clothes from my treadmill and had a 20 mins work out! I'm so unfit it's awful.

Hoping to gradually build up to longer and harder walks/runs and see how it goes.

im cd16. I should O today..... but i doubt it. :( No CM, no O pains... but we BD yesterday just in case.
:cry:

hey hunny, there are lots of us LTTTC'ers i myslef have been trying a year and 9 months lost count of the cycle number :(
i thought about asking to see a FS but i do have 2 healthy children my son 9 and daughter 2 and half and iv had 4 losses since there births trying for num 3, i dont think anything is wrong with me i just feel this baby is going to take time and patience, i will go to the 2 year mark and if nothing i may go see the doc for a referral but i really dont want to :cry:
anyways as for now im 10dpo due af in about 5-6 days, my cycles are kind of long with ov being not the same every cycle, one cycle it can be cd15 then another could be cd28 (majority being cd19)
im [-o< that this is my cycle but YEAH RIGHT lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->