Anyone buying baby stuff?

Daisy Delayne

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if you think it would be weird to start buying baby stuff, even though I'm still nine months away from TTC. I just don't want to have 5,000 things to buy all at once, and I'm on a very tight budget, so I really want to start buying one baby item a month or something like that. What do you think, do you think that's premature? Anyone bought baby stuff yet months away from TTC?

:blush:
I've not actually bought anything proper (except for a little quote in a frame to put by the crib of my future child/ren :dohh:) but have been very very tempted several times...
I wouldn't think you were being weird when I've almost done it and, realistically, might not even be TTC in the next 15 years! (gosh that's such a depressing thought :cry:) It's quite ridiculously really to say I'm WTT (N) - should probably be waiting to wait to try :dohh: :haha:

So I don't think it's weird at all, as long as it's within reason :)haha:)
xxxx

I don't think it's weird at all. Before I got married, my mom had put things away for me to use in my future home (dishes, sheets, decorations, etc.) in a hope chest, and really it's the same thing.

I want to use cloth diapers and buying a whole stash all at once can get expensive, so I've thought about starting to buy some and putting them away for future use.

I very nearly bought some very cute unisex baby grows that I saw today...just because they were in the sale and they were really unusual (I didnt though because I was in a crazy rush)

I don't think that there is anything that wrong or loopy about picking up a few small things that genuinely will be useful i.e. gender neutral, not particularly for a newborn summer/winter baby etc.

i dont think its strange either i saw and got a soft toy fish i liked cos it was cheap and unusual and i have seen loads of clothes etc i would love to get.
I have stopped myself from getting anything for now but if i see something cheap and unusual again i would get it i must admit

Everyone is different I bought nothing before hand and did not even buy anything for LO until i was about 25 weeks pregnant. I did not want to jinx anything. I just saved up before hand.

I've bought things. :blush: I have three or four things that I loved so much I couldn't resist. Haven't bought anything big or practical yet though, I'll leave that until they arrive and just put aside some money for now.

Honestly if I were you, I wouldn't. When you do fall pregnant you'll want to shop and nest for your baby so instead of buying stuff, I'd put money aside and you can spend it when you are pregnant.

I personally have seen loads of stuff I absolutely love and cannot help looking at the Silver Cross website - I have already chosen the pram I want, but instead of buying, I am making a mental note of where I saw these things and plan to save up after the wedding so that when the baby comes me and the OH can go out together and get it all in one go - It will feel like Christmas hehe xx

I wont be buying anything untill in 20/25 weeks. I dont want to jinx anything or should some thing happen i dont want the site of baby stuff to torture me even more

I think it depends on what type of person you are and its up to you if you do that.

Me and OH were once in a shop and looking for my goddaughter and he spotted a winnie the pooh hoodied towel and was like thats cute....to cut a long story short we bought it and it was put away. To be honest i know its in the loft but i cant even remember where. And i think there was even something else but i got them, only because they wont be around when we have a baby and have put them away and forgotten about them.

I guess its hard as you see things you like and then think how lovely it is...but it may not be there to buy when having children.....although saying that there is always new things lol. See what i mean...i am totally not one to make up my mind? lol

X

I wont be buying anything till Im pregnant, but as Blah suggests, I will be saving for baby things from later on this year before we start to ttc xxx

Ive brought quite alot as had a good wage for last few months, and now were saving like mad to get a new house so im glad i spent that money when i had it... I buy everything on sale ~ like steriliser set, sleep suits, cot, friends have given me some baby mat toys etc...
I dont think there is anything wrong buying before hand - your just getting prepared for the near future, but i respect other people's decisions to wait untill pregnant not to jinx anything. :thumbup:

I've bought little shoes and babygrows with elephants on, and my mum bought me a little elephant blanket thing once XD They won't be around forever, and I know we'll have trouble affording everything when the time comes, and I want to have stuff I like for when my baby comes, not stuff I can afford.
Also, I'd rather buy the stuff now than buy it when I'm pregnant. There's no baby to link it to now, but later if I jinx it I'll have to get rid of that stuff. If that makes sense?!

i have seen loads that i like - i even know what pram i like ( although my OH doesn't like it. he's not seen it in person though hah!) and i even know what kinda look i'd want my little ones room to look like!

thing is - i don't want to jinx things or have baby stuff lying around the house making me feel pressured if i was to take years to conceive.

i think personally, for me 23/24 week mark is the safest time to start thinking of buying. well, not safest but you know what i mean! by that time you have had your scans and you will know the sex (if you choose to)

instead of buying all these gorgous things now - i shall wait and nest with my money i have put away instead

Even tho we've been ttc for 1 year & 6 months, we haven't saved anything or bought anything yet, but i'd suggest just to save money rather than buy things because you don't when your going to get pregnant when you start to try, i know everyone's diff but if i had bought baby stuff it would of made me feel worse etc.. But saying that, my OH's sisters pregnant & we're doing a baby hamper & i can't wait to start making it :D

I've bought a couple of things, some little socks and some baby grows. I think that'll be it until I'm actually pregnant and even then it'll probably be only certain things I will buy until we know the sex of LO. Besides we have NO storage space in our little flat and as no-one knows we will shortly be TTC it may be quite akward to have baby stuff lying around the place!

The only thing I have that is baby related in my home is a pregnancy journal which OH bought me for christmas which is beautiful :cry: It even has little pockets for the scans

I have refrained from buying clothes/nappies since I believe it is tempting fate. I am so supersticious it is unreal so I won't be buying anything like that until I am pregnant and past the 20 week scan.

Its different for everyone though, if you want to go for it.

I dont think its "weird"!! i think its enthusiastic!!
And honestly, its great!
I don't do it because I'm waiting for a few years, lol
but i'm sooo tempted to buy little knitted hats with ears.
I mean, hell.... if I don't have a child, I'll wear it for myself! Just need to stretch it out a bit...

Hehehe! xx

The only thing I have that is baby related in my home is a pregnancy journal which OH bought me for christmas which is beautiful :cry: It even has little pockets for the scans

AAWWEE !!!!
:D
THAT'S ADORABLE. your man sounds so sweeet:)
happy for ya ! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->