Anyone buying baby stuff?

I think it's a bit weird-sorry, but you did ask for opinions!

What's the rush? It is so much fun going shopping when you are actually pregnant-that's the best way to spend your free time,especially maternity leave! If you have most of the bits already, you'll have nothing left to buy-and you always have far too much stuff anyway.

Like someone else said, i would save each month if you want to prepare, as when your preggers you'll want to buy loads more anyway :happydance:

But of course it's your choice and if that's what makes you happy then go for it

I'm glad to hear so many people don't think it's strange! I've thought about it, but wasn't sure whether to, so maybe I will now. Alternatively, if you're worried, you could save up as some have sugested. Maybe keep a special box or open a savings account specially. You could even make a list of the things, instead of actually buying them, if you wanted or keep pictures to remind you. Then you can go and have all the fun whenever you decide you do think the time is right! :)

I wouldnt just because I wouldnt want to jinx it BUT I dont think its weird, everyone is different. What we have decided to do is purchase a mothercare gift card (holds upto £1000) and save on that until we end up pregnant. Was ohs idea and i think its fab!

I dont think its weird, but *I* am not gonna do it lol. I want to wait and enjoy buying everything when i'm preg. I have tho, started on a baby registry to kind of help the urge of wanting to buy things. Me and the hubby have said we are going to buy something baby from the bahamas when we go in october. That cruise vaca is when we are going to start ttc. :o)

I never bought anything before I had my :bfp:, didn't say the point. But from the moment we started to TTC I put Money away. I put a £ away for every day that I wasn't pregnant, so after 4 months when I got my :bfp: I had £120 saved up and was ready to spend it on LO as soon as I had my 12wk scan. I continued to save a £ then for every day that I was pregnant until the 12wk scan so altogether I had nearly £200 to spend on LO.

i already have most of the big things from my first baby, cot, pram, bouncy chair etc. i've already started saving and don't plan on buying stuff until i'm actually pregnant. although if i saw something that i know i'll need at a ridiculously low price i think i'd buy it.

part of my budget includes and new high sleeper bed and new furnishings for my sons bedroom cause my house has to be converted before any new baby arrives. so i will be buying these things first.

I didn't buy anything until after 12 week scan for Joshua ... didn't want to jinx it. I did buy a top during my 1st pregnancy which I MC and it was sooo awful having it in the house!

Like someone else said I'd save the money and spend it when u are pregnant cos u wanna buy everything all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->