Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

mine was 2.1 today and all i had was a lovely headache to tell me
By the way even though im not pregant i hope you dont ming me coming in a nd chating to you all xx

Hey of course you can come and chat!! You're a "been there, done that" person and I know with this being my first, I need all the advise from a fellow Type 1 that I can get!!

Do you know what.....?! Am actually at the point where I honestly don't wanna put myself through this again and have any more children after this one! Isn't that sad?! :( I just hate this whole diabetes thing so much more when pregnant I just for once wish I could be normal and enjoy a pregnancy without all this hastle!
Sorry, just one of them days, can't get sugars below 8 and feel so crappy! Blaaahhhh

Ohh what's a baby's heart scan?? Ok, dumb question, they will obv look at the baby's heart. But I never got one - the consultant just looked at the baby's heart at the 21 week scan. Has anyone else had just a heart scan? Should I demand one?

In my hospital everyone that is diabetic is offered one. Apparently we have a higher risk of heart defects...

Well today ive had some worrying news. Not about the baby though

Had my eyes photographed on the 9th and today i got a letter saying they have reviewed them and i have background retinopathy :( dont need treatment or anything at mo but it will get progressively worse and i could go blind eventually :( its really worried me. Anyone have any experience of this??

oh and pregnancy can speed up the process of it developing faster :(

i had my eyes checked about everymonth i think. I still go now. How is your blood pressure during pregnancy. Apparently mine was high and the tablet helped. I have had to go on blood pressure tablets now and i Think its helped but the doc said last week i will probably end up with laser surgery.
Im having one of those days today. I need to lower my backround insulin as my blood keeps dropping to 2.
Hope everyone is ok xx

i had my eyes checked about everymonth i think. I still go now. How is your blood pressure during pregnancy. Apparently mine was high and the tablet helped. I have had to go on blood pressure tablets now and i Think its helped but the doc said last week i will probably end up with laser surgery.
Im having one of those days today. I need to lower my backround insulin as my blood keeps dropping to 2.
Hope everyone is ok xx

BP been fine up to now.

Hope everyone is ok xx

Hi pink23 I just read about your BP. I am now 29 weeks and since day 1 I've had high BP. My booking BP was 128/90 and when I go for my check ups every 2 weeks it's around that - or more - like 130/94. They put me on Asprin which really doesn't seem to be working. What tablet were you put on? And were your levels similar to mine or lower/higher? I am starting to worry as the BP will only just rise as I progress!

I've been put on asprin which I'm told will help lower my BP. Guess I'll find out on thurs when I'm at clinic if it's working! X

hey Jaybear let me know if it does work!! I'll be honest, I haven't taken mine regularly.

I had my antenatal check up yday. It was at 9am and I was running late so didn't have time to put on make up at home. Got there, checked in (sounds like hotel doesn't it). They gave me the pot to wee on, went to loos and thought ok I HAVE to put make up on I look hideous. Literally I was looking so ill (so much for pregnancy glow). rummaged through bag and couldn't find my make up bag!! Then I realised I must have left it at my parents the night before. By this stage I was proper stressing out, AND I was going to work afterwards looking like THIS!

Came out of loos and was about to sit but the nurse called me in to get my BP checked. I was still huffing and puffing about the whole make up thing and KNEW BP would be high. BUT - it was the lowest it's ever been!! Maybe I should stress out more often!!

I've been put on asprin which I'm told will help lower my BP. Guess I'll find out on thurs when I'm at clinic if it's working! X

good luck at clinic today, hope all goes good

lincoln girl :hugs:

nothing happening here, feel sick mostly in evenings or if i drink too many cups of tea, seem to be putting on weight so need to watch what im doing, was in mat clothes by 12 weeks last time, what about you guys, that seemed very quick and was hoping to stay in normal clothes a bit longer this time

Had my 20 scan today. Everything looks perfect and no sign of problems.:happydance:Baby looks the right size. And I am having a girl.:happydance:

Now next week for the baby heart scan. But I am much more reassured now.

YAY thats great newsCapel!!! Now enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!

Awww congrats on your baby girl :) How lovely!

Well I think the Asprin is working cos I was super stressed yesterday due to being late for my apt and everything but it was 120/60 and they said that was great??? Who knows
They are pleased with how my sugars have come down and I just gotta keep doing what im doing.
Had internal scan yesterday but she couldnt really get a good enough picture to date baby properly so am back up there in 3 weeks for another scan. Heres the pic anyway :) My little blob...lol x
https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/claire83/Bubs8weekScan.jpg

whoo hooo

congrats capel and jaybear, :happydance: so happy for you both

i was put on labetol i think and seemed to help but im on blood pressure tablets permanately now.
Beautiful picture jaybear and congrats on a being team pink capel.
Does anyone else find the heat affects there blood. I have had 3 hypos today. The heat for some reason makes my blood go lower quicker.
Hope everyone is getting on okxx

No only the heat lower by blood the only hypo warning left is that I feel hot. It doesn't matter the room temperature if I start sweating I am hypo. If I am already hot it complicate things. And my classroom is SOOO hot. Yesterday it was 27 degrees. It is going to be a LONG spring/summer... I was advised yesterday by the MW to contact occupational health...

great news jaybear and capel :happydance:

as for me, had 2 hypos today but it was my own fault as i did my ratios wrong :blush:

morning sickness is horrible at the mo. thought it was supposed to stop at this stage not start!!

Capel congrats on the baby girl!

Jaybear yay for a good scan.

LincolnGirl I was told during my last pregnancy that I was also starting with retinopathy but that pregnancy can make it look worse and that I should only get it rechecked when my baby is 6 months old as some of it can settle by then and it may look better (I sure hope so)

Capel that is strange - one of the signs I have of hypos is being really cold - never hot, so I guess everyone is different.

Still breastfeeding and my sugars are ok except for the morning one - it keeps going high early mornings probably because I try to stay in bed longer than I used to if the baby is asleep.

LincolnGirl week 12-15 was worst for me with hypos and morning sickness with both my pregnancies - it stopped at week 16 with my first and week 18 with my second so hopefully it won't be too much longer for you.

Hi, This is my first baby, I was diagnosed type 1 3 weeks ago and am being induced next week at 37 weeks. I'm on insulin with each meal and one overnight but my sugars are still so high, always around 7/8 before breakfast and sometimes as high as 10 after lunch, I am really watching what I'm eating and finding it so disheartening when I think my levels will be low then they are high. I had a growth scan at 33 + 2 and baby was 6lb 5oz and another at 35 + 2 where baby was 8lb 11oz. The consultants told me baby will have to go to special care as its sugar levels will be low after receiving my high levels for so long, I wanted to breastfeed but i'm not sure if that will be possible now?
I'm still trying to get my head around the fact i'm type 1, the consultant says its unlikely to be gestational as my fasting level at my GTT was 8.1 and 2 hours later was 20 and aparantly with gestational its not that high.

Hi, This is my first baby, I was diagnosed type 1 3 weeks ago and am being induced next week at 37 weeks. I'm on insulin with each meal and one overnight but my sugars are still so high, always around 7/8 before breakfast and sometimes as high as 10 after lunch, I am really watching what I'm eating and finding it so disheartening when I think my levels will be low then they are high. I had a growth scan at 33 + 2 and baby was 6lb 5oz and another at 35 + 2 where baby was 8lb 11oz. The consultants told me baby will have to go to special care as its sugar levels will be low after receiving my high levels for so long, I wanted to breastfeed but i'm not sure if that will be possible now?
I'm still trying to get my head around the fact i'm type 1, the consultant says its unlikely to be gestational as my fasting level at my GTT was 8.1 and 2 hours later was 20 and aparantly with gestational its not that high.

It is more or less what happened to me. I wasn't diabetic in my first pregnancy. Thougth I got GD, actually it was type 1. In the first moment the doctors thougth it was type 2 but when no tablet worked they got me to do a antibody test and found out that it was type 1. It was horribel because my levels were so high and nothing worked. It took me to get DKA for the GP to listen to me. So I am one of the rare cases that was diagnosed in my late 20s. I still managed to breastfeed my baby and I know that there are other type 1s here that are breastfeeding. It is just a little harder work, but everything now is a little harder anyway.

Just to update, had my cardiac scan and baby heart looks perfect. :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->