Anyone diabetic before pregnacy

OOh yes and happy mothers day to all u lovely mummies!

morning everyone, hope everyone is well

nothing much happening here, there is not a diabetic/antenatal clinic for another 4 weeks so wont be seen till then, not heard anything from doc either but im only coming up for 8 weeks, when did you guys get seen???

as for hospitals, with my first son they had me on an insulin and a glucouse drip, i keep telling them that my sugars were way too high but the just kept saying, "but the book says..." they left my sugars running around 18 for two days, needless to say first son ended up in special care for a week sorting out sugars

Thanks all 4 the info. just preparing myself!

Pink23 I know what u mean about hypos treatment. my friend recently got admitted due to UTI. she had a packet of chocolate buttons but hypoed few mins later but nurse wouldn't treat it saying the buttons would do the job. until of course she lost consciousness n had 2 go on drip.

:o thats shocking!!!

Hi everyone - can i please join you all :flower:

Let me introduce myself, my name is Mary, type 1 diabetic for 8 years, I am 33, live in Liverpool and currently 5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby :happydance:

I have just read this thread and most of you seem to have low b/s in 1st trimester. Mine is the opposite and tends to be around 13!! My hba1c is 8.5 which isnt great!! With my LO it was 6.8!!

Hope to get you kow you all :flower:

Hi everyone - can i please join you all :flower:

Let me introduce myself, my name is Mary, type 1 diabetic for 8 years, I am 33, live in Liverpool and currently 5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby :happydance:

I have just read this thread and most of you seem to have low b/s in 1st trimester. Mine is the opposite and tends to be around 13!! My hba1c is 8.5 which isnt great!! With my LO it was 6.8!!

Hope to get you kow you all :flower:

Hi funkym congrats on your pregnancy!!

My low b/s started after about week 8 - not sure about everyone else? First 4-6 weeks were really high. Hopefully it won't happen to you but BE PREPARED FOR LOWS!!!

With both my pregnancies my sugars only dropped low around week 7/8 - before that they were rather erratic (highs and lows) Good luck with your pregnancy.

The same here, lows after 7/8 weeks.

And gozo06 I was seen at 5 weeks, then 6 weeks 2 weeks break because I was away for christmas then every week after untill 16 weeks when I stoped having the horrible hypos. Now every second week.

And the midwife said that I can book as many appointments as I want. But that is not due to diabetes, but because of the complications I had during my daughter delivery.So I am very pleased up to now. Consultant appointment in two weeks...

The same here, lows after 7/8 weeks.

And gozo06 I was seen at 5 weeks, then 6 weeks 2 weeks break because I was away for christmas then every week after untill 16 weeks when I stoped having the horrible hypos. Now every second week.

And the midwife said that I can book as many appointments as I want. But that is not due to diabetes, but because of the complications I had during my daughter delivery.So I am very pleased up to now. Consultant appointment in two weeks...

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody is having problems with there sugars overnight?

I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and since i found out i was pregnant i have been struggling with this. One day i'll wake up and its ok and others it has gone right up.

I adjust my insulin an then end up having hypos during the night so the hospital tell me to drop the dose again.

My daytime readings are pretty good just the night time ones that are the problem now xx

More or less same problem, but with no hypos overnight. But I increase my nighttime background every 3 days but it is still high. I now have to try increase my dinner time to see if it helps. I am 22 weeks and 3 days so same stage as you...

Well i increased mine again last night and no hypos and reading of 4.2 this morning so hopefully will be same again tonight and tomorrow :)

Hi girls any advice about coping with a sickness and diarriah(sp) bug?! Am totally wiped out struggling to test/jab and eat :( I feel so shocking!
Is there anything I can take or do?!

Last time I had it I rung NHS direct. They told me not to stop background insulin, to test every hour and if going low to have some sugary drink, but a little at a time. If can't keep it down and still going low to cal an ambulance. I hope you are OK and don't need one.

Hi girls any advice about coping with a sickness and diarriah(sp) bug?! Am totally wiped out struggling to test/jab and eat :( I feel so shocking!
Is there anything I can take or do?!

I had same bug at 25 weeks. I couldn't keep anything down, not even liquid. Called NHS Direct and they told me to go in to A&E. They checked my wee and said I was badly dehydrated so put me on drip. I vomitted there a couple of times so they also gave me injection and I stopped vomitting. Got a nice private room as they didn't want me to sleep in ward with others and spread bug!

If you can keep food down, drink lucozade sport as that has err not sure of speeling.. electrolytes?? It helps with dehydration a lot.

Hope you feel better soon. x

Hope everyone is well. Me not so good, cold a cold :-(

Start mat leave soon so that's currently what's keeping me going!!

Also have my 32 week growth scan tomorrow - REALLY SCARED!! Sugars were so perfect in 2nd tri but now they seem high for no reason. I'm not even eating as much as I did in 2nd tri. I've lost appetite completely. I also think baby has moved as I now feel kicks on both sides of my tummy AT THE SAME TIME. How can they do that unless they are lying across? Hmmm.

Any advice on how to lower sugar and not get depressed every time I check and it's high?

To ladies who have babies - can I ask what you 3rd tri HBA1Cs were.

Thanks.

Today I got my neddles changed to the 4mm ones. So much easier to do injections. Specially now my tummy is growing. I love them, I won't be going back to the old big ones.

Anyway, anyone having problems with insulin absorption(sp)? My humalog is peaking 2.5/3h after injections. I checked and two DSN checked and I have no lumps. There is no reason for that to be happening but who knows? The problem now is very high levels 1.5 hours after and hypos at 3h. I mean like 12 at 1.5h and 2 at 3h. Crazy...

I never had an HbA1c for the third trimester - it was supposed to be done as the baby was delivered, but got forgotten, but I had a lot of hypos in the third trimester mainly at 30 weeks and 33 weeks. My first pregnancy my levels were a lot higher in the third trimester so the hypos were a surprise this time and landed me in hospital for a while - they had to drop my insulin levels to 50% in that time and I was still going low - it was not the placenta, so probably had to do with baby's growth. After 35 weeks my insulin rose again back to the levels it was at at 32 weeks and stayed stable til my baby was delivered. Hang in there - you are almost there.

Capel couldn't you maybe take your insulin an hour or so before you eat to prevent those levels and the hypos? Maybe its a hormonal thing if you haven't changed what you eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->