Anyone doing FET/IVF in Jan 2013 till everyone's BFP (Everyone Welcome)

ttc - we're hanging in there. Thank you for asking! We are back home and just trying to get back into our normal routine. I finished my last BCP last night and I start the stim meds in 4 days. I can't believe it is so soon already! We fly to Colorado (we're bringing our dog this time!) on the 3rd, tentative retrieval set for the 10th. I'm happy that it's almost here. In other news, hubby and I are seriously considering building our dream home in the CA mountains! That is one piece of good news we have going for us right now. It will be a good distraction also.

How are you doing? You're getting so close to your transfer date now. Are you feeling okay?

Ccrm is supposed to be good but my re says they do not report negative outcomes which is why their numbers look so good. In reality their stats are average. There is a new reporting system this year where every single patient has to be documented so in a couple years we will see ccrm numbers drop. But I considered going there because I've researched th and a bunch of positive outcomes. We are using reach in Charlotte. Their frozen stats are better than fresh. All the women I personally know who went there had BFP their first try.

Wow I didn't know that Mo, I cant believe CCRM would do something like that. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with that. I will check out Reach and see what I can find out. They are relatively easy to get to from here as there are direct flights.

ttc - we're hanging in there. Thank you for asking! We are back home and just trying to get back into our normal routine. I finished my last BCP last night and I start the stim meds in 4 days. I can't believe it is so soon already! We fly to Colorado (we're bringing our dog this time!) on the 3rd, tentative retrieval set for the 10th. I'm happy that it's almost here. In other news, hubby and I are seriously considering building our dream home in the CA mountains! That is one piece of good news we have going for us right now. It will be a good distraction also.

How are you doing? You're getting so close to your transfer date now. Are you feeling okay?

Wow that is awesome, you retrieve and I transfer on the same day. lets hope it is magical for both of us!

That is awesome about your dream home! Me and DH were just talking about that this weekend. Thing is DH doesn't want to build a big home if we don't have kids. I understand what he is saying as why have all this space and nothing to fill it ya know, but at the same time, it kinda made me feel sad. So in the end we just decided to wait till January to make our decision on that. It would be an awesome distraction for you both though, which is a great thing! Anything to keep our busy minds occupied! What do you hope in your dream home? I want to make sure I have my Lady Lounge LOL....I want an area which I guess will be a big closet that I can also chill in and have alone time. This is in contrast to what DH wants as his man cave LOL. Of course and again, I am sure my priorities will change should we end up having a lil one.

I am doing okay, the Lupron has me feeling wonky and tbh I cannot wait to get off of it. I don't have hot flashes but I am emotional and tired ALL the time! I have my scan on Sunday to see if my lining is good for the transfer, so fxed it will be.

ttc - ugh lupron! I hate that stuff. I always get really bad headaches when I have to take that stuff. I'm gonna have to do depo lupron for 3 months prior to my FET ... oh the joys of infertility. When are you done taking it? You've got to be getting close.

I totally get not wanting to build until you know what's going on with having a family. Infertility seems to put EVERYTHING on hold. The only good thing we have going for us is that we LOVE to entertain and we always have family visiting us so it would be nice to have a pretty big common area and maybe 3 bedrooms regardless of kids. :D We're just getting started so we'll see how it turns out.

I am supposed to finish the Lupron on the 4th. My US and BW is on Sunday so if all if well, then I get to stop taking it on the 4th. I am only on 5IU/ day so luckily no headache but I was a raging lunatic until I started the estrogen. Now I am just a bit weepy.

We are the same we have a huge family and because mine lives away they do come to visit often. I think a part of us is figuring that if we don't end up with a lil one that we don't want to be tied down to a big house b/c we would rather spend the money on traveling and seeing the world. At least that is the plan! If no lil one then we will build a smaller home, like around 3000 sqft and then travel. If we have some kiddos then we are looking more at 5000sqft. We already have the floor plan for the bigger home but we can take off the top floor and make it one story if we need to. You are so right though, infertility does put everything on hold....It truly is a test of faith.

Why do you have to be on Lupron for so long? WoW! What dosage will you be taking for so long?

5000 sqft! Woo that's a big house. Sounds awesome though!

CCRM did a test on my uterus and found that I don't have this protein that is required for implantation. It's called beta 3 integrin. Apparently that is a normal thing in women with endometriosis and when they give them months of depo lupron they sometimes go on to having a successful pregnancy. Well, even though I don't have endo this is the only thing they have found that didn't come back normal for me. So, we'll do 3 months of it. It is one shot per month, it's a longer lasting shot and I'm really not sure about the dosage. I know that I have to have a doctor administer it and it is intramuscular. Fun times! But yeah 3 months of that and they've seen women who couldn't get implantation have a pregnancy hold ... so fx'd!

Ashley my dr is doing an endometrial biopsy on me too to make sure I have all the rigt proteins for implantation. He will do it in a mock cycle and then send it off. It delays things a couple months but it's all worth it if it works.

Ash when is your next retrieval?
Ttc 5000 is a big house! Mine now is 3500 sq ft. We could fit one more kid in here. I was recently looking at bigger houses c/c my mom and grandpa may need to live with us at some point. I need a house with a finished basement (kitchen, bathroom and bedroom).

Mo - the endometrial biopsy was pretty painful for me but in the end worth it. It's the only thing that has been abnormal of all the tests they've done. I'm really happy I did it. Not looking forward to the depo lupron though, I heard the side effects are really brutal. I'll be doing acupuncture while I'm on that med though so I'm hoping to get some relief that way. Do you know what exactly your doctor is testing for?

My next retrieval is on the 10th. They're going to have me on really low doses of all the meds though so I may stim for longer. We'll be in Colorado until the 15th so I definitely have enough time should anything get pushed back.

Oh and about a finished basement, uhm yes! My hubby and I had a finished basement when we lived in NJ. We didn't have any kids at the time so it wasn't used that often but with kids you can make it into a play room. You'll be able to get a lot of use out of that! The nice thing about that too if that you don't have to have a messy living room if you put all the toys in the basement :D

They will be looking for the right proteins for implantation and to make sure my lining matches up. Apparently in certain days in cycle there are varying levels of certain proteins. They have figured out based on the results if your lining is sufficient after 6 days of progesterone (my re does FETs on day 6) or if day 5 or day 7 or 8 is the right timing. So they will be looking to make sure my lining has the right stuff for implantation and if timing matches up. He's certain it will be normal since I have a child from IVF but since I've had 4 failures (2 mc and 2 chem) since my son he thinks there could be an issue.

Yes I have heard of the beta 3 integrin test. I asked my dr about it but she kinda shrugged it off. I did the endo biopsy and that came back fine but I don't think they tested for that specific protein. Again if this cycle doesn't work I will be going to another fertility clinic to essentially start over either that or throw in the towel. It will be a discussion for me and DH to have.

Yeah it is a big house but with everything we want to have in the house, should we have kids it is about that size house we will need. It will be our forever home so we figure so it right the first time. Again it might be drastically scaled down if no babies come our way.

I hope this works for all three of us. It just has to work out doesn't it?

ttc - you'd think it would have to work out at some point...

DH and I are in Denver. It has been a long day but we made it and our dog came with us too! We have been traveling so much this year and we didn't want to be without him any longer so here we are :D It makes the place feel more like home, I'm really enjoying having him here with us. Plus he's a great puppy to snuggle with when you're not feeling well.

I'm hoping the next 7 days go by pretty fast so that I can get these eggs out and see what the CCS results are going to be. Fx'd!

Oh and I also think it's a good thing we are staying 5 days past when my tentative retrieval date is. My estrogen isn't rising fast because they have me on a low dose to try and get more follicles to grow together this time and I really think my retrieval is going to be pushed back by a day or two.

Ash - good idea to bring the lil puppy with you. The more love you have around you the better! I am so excited to hear your results as well! Please update us whenever you can.

AFM - my E2 went up enough so I can do my transfer on November 10th. I am so relieved as I had already booked plant tickets, hotel, etc. Now onto a BFP....hopefully.

ttc - yay for rising E2! Where do you have to travel for your FET?

AFM - I am feeling pretty great about my cycle. I don't know what it is this time but I'm feeling very relaxed this time around. I had my u/s today and things are looking pretty good. I have about 26 total follicles growing. All are between 7 - 9mm except for one which is at 10mm. I'm just hoping that 10 doesn't overtake and ruin the cycle but I'm not going to get ahead of myself. The goal was to have them grow together so I think we're doing pretty good on that front.

ttc - 2 days until transfer! AFM, I most likely will not be triggering tonight. My follicles are doing pretty good but they're not quite there yet. I think I'll trigger tomorrow. :D I'm excited to get these out now. I'm surprisingly comfortable though. This cycle is so weird.

How many do you have ash? So exciting!!!

Ttc almost transfer day!

I'm waiting for my meds.. Waiting to see if Insurance will pay for them. When I called they said they would twice but I know when it actually comes down to it things may change. I'm hoping since I have to pay the clinic this week so I have no $$

They measured 22 today but 26 2 days ago. They're all still pretty much growing together. I have a couple of 19's but most are between 15 and 17mm. :D Makes me smile but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Just going with the flow.

Mo - when do you start your cycle? And what kind of cycle are you doing?

Should be starting in 2 weeks. My ovulation has been delayed this cycle because of the chemical I had last cycle. So hopefully AF shows up in 2 weeks (ov symptoms yesterday/today). I'm not taking bcp or down regulation. Doing microdose lupron flare and start stims cd2. Then we are doing a freeze all with pgs. If we don't get enough to test I've paid for a 2 cycle freeze all program so I could just go ahead with the second cycle.

Your scan sounds great today!! You'll be ready tomorrow :)

Hey ladies sorry I have been MIA. My friend got married this weekend and is good in the wedding so it was very busy.

Ash- I travel to Florida which is where I am now. It sounds like your follies are doing really well. Maybe this low and slow method is best for you and will yield some great quality Eggies.

Mo- I hope insurance comes through for you. Ltttc is so damn expensive.

I'm trying to stay relaxed. I do hope I get bfp this cycle.

ttc - oooo a wedding. That's a nice distraction!

Mo - wow that was really fast! Any news about your meds? Having that second cycle already paid for must give you some nice peace of mind! It would for me. Best of luck with everything.

AFM - I'm haven't heard from my nurse yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be triggering tonight. My follicles are as follows:
L: 21, 21, 21, 20.5, 19, 18, 14, 13
R: 21, 20, 18, 17.5, 17, 16.5, 16, 16

So things are looking pretty good. Trigger most likely tonight, retrieval on Wednesday. :D

I heard today and it appears they are all covered except growth hormone which I knew!! So I'll owe around $650 for that and all set :) wayyy better than $4000!!

Ash that sounds fantastic about your follicles. You'll trigger today for sure!

Ttc: tomorrow is your transfer right?? How exciting!

TTC - best of luck with your transfer tomorrow! I hope to hear how it goes and see pictures of your embies!

Mo - definitely better than $4000! I also have great prescription insurance. Anything helps when you're looking at paying for IVF ...

AFM - sorry for 2 updates today but I got the craziest news. Normally I only trigger with one thing. Last time I triggered with 2 shots .... this time with 3! I got a call from my nurse earlier and she said I was going to only trigger with lupron because my E2 levels were very high. They're 4,800 today. Well, I have a problem with that because last cycle we triggered with lupron we got 17 eggs but only 5 were mature. I was devastated to say the least. So, I told the nurse that I wanted to do a combo shot. Half HCG half lupron. Well, he agreed under certain conditions! Lol. I have to do the HCG trigger plus 2 lupron shots 12 hours apart, and then I have to take cabergoline starting tonight to help avoid OHSS.

Btw if you're curious (Mo seems like you like the science behind all of this) apparently the have done studies and some women (of course I'm the some women) do not respond appropriately to just the lupron trigger and end up getting immature eggs. Blah! It doesn't happen to everyone but I happen to be in the percentage that it does happen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->