Anyone doing FET/IVF in Jan 2013 till everyone's BFP (Everyone Welcome)

My new re does Hcg combo lupron teigger if you do the antagonist protocol. I'll trigger with HCG only because with my protocol since im using microdose lupron all throughout the cycle the lupron won't cause the needed hormone sure to mature the eggs.
4800 isn't to terribly high. I'm sure you would be fine with pure hcg shot but it's good to be careful. I've heard lupron not being great as a trigger shot. Actually I've seen it where one patient got a lupron shot and they started ER and the first 5 were immature so they stopped and had her take hcg then come bag for another er- she got ohss severely but they got an additional over 30 mature eggs. It was crazy! Good luck! Can't wait to hear how your er goes.

Wow ash way to go on telling the re your concerns. Yes my e2 was 3800 and they triggered with half hcg and no lupron. I think you are doing the right thing. When is your ER? Have they changed it?

Mo- I'm so happy you caught a break on the meds. You are well on your way.

Fam- I just did my transfer and it went perfect according to my re. We transfered 2 perfect hatching blasts. I am in love with already.

ttc - hatching blasts! That's amazing. My ER is tomorrow morning at 10:45. I have to be at the clinic at 9:45. I can't wait! You are PUPO! Enjoy it. I really have a feeling this is it for you.

Mo - I've read the same thing about lupron and was really happy he allowed to me trigger with part HCG part lupron. I'm getting pretty uncomfortable right now but tomorrow it will be over. Also, he called today and wants me to do 7 nights of cetrotide to help combat the OHSS. Oh joy!

ash are you freezing all the embryos again this cycle?That is what I am doing and since I paid for a 2 cycle program depending on the results we may end up doing another cycle and freezing them all too so we have enough to do PGS/PGD.

Mo - Yeah we're freezing them. We have 2 embryos from last cycle that are day 5. We are hoping for more this cycle. Last time we didn't have a good number mature but we did have a good number fertilize and make it to blast. A normal rate for my age actually. We have 5 mature 4 fertilized and 2 made it to blastocyst. So if we can get that mature number up we're hoping we can also increase the blastocyst rate. That's the goal anyway. They will unfreeze our other 2 when this batch turns day 5 and they will biopsy them for CCS testing and freeze them all again and store them until we do our FET in January.

Thanks you! I slept the Valium off all day and now I can't sleep lol!

Ash - thank you so much for saying that. I do hope you are right. Good luck tomorrow. I will pray for many M
Mature and quality Eggies.

ttc - :hugs: Hope you're feeling okay today. Do you have to be on bedrest for a few days? I haven't done a transfer with CCRM yet but I did hear that they have a strict 2 day best rest there. Anyway, enjoy your time with your little embies and let them snuggle up!

AFM - I had my retrieval and we did pretty good. We got 22 eggs. They didn't say an exact number but my hubbies sperm count they said was "great" so things are looking ok as of right now. The embryologist said based on the number of eggs and the quick look they took of them they think about 17 will be mature which I am happy with. I just hope she was right. FX'd! If we can get over that hurdle I really think we will get pretty good results this time around. I'm also not feeling sick at all this time again. I always got sick at RMA (my old clinic) but CCRM has always did it right and I didn't get sick at my last retrieval and it looks like it's 2 for 2 now. I've been out of retrieval for 2 hours now. I feel like if I was going to get sick it would have happened already.

I had some coffee :D yes! And some really salty french fries so I'm a happy camper. A little sleepy but that's to be expected. I'm going to knit my socks and try to remain calm until our fertilization report tomorrow.

Thank you girls for your continued support! It really means a lot to me. Wish I could meet some of you in person but it is nice to have online support anyways.

:hugs:

I will keep you girls updated.

Mo - do you know what the difference is between CCS testing and PGD testing? I think there's only a small difference but I don't know what it is.

Ash that sounds great!! I should clarify with my clinic- im not sure which one they do but they do the one where they look at all the chromosomes not just a select few.

Mo - If they're looking at all of the chromosomes I think they're doing CCS. We had a genetics testing class to go to and they said they look at the entire karyotype of the embryos. Sounds like that's what you're getting too. :D You get good information from both so either way would be just, I was just curious.

Awesome ash! I am so happy to hear you got some good eggs. I will look forward to hear your report tomorrow. My re said to just chill and don't get worked up but complete bedrest was not necessary.

Well, I got shitty results like last time. 22 retrieved, only 9 mature, 6 fertilized. I'm 27 and I am DONE! I will never go through another egg retrieval so the two on ice and whatever we get this time better come back normal and stick to my uterus.

Oh wow. Sorry about those results. I know it's diappointing. But you have 6 so fx those grow grow grow!!

So sorry Hun. Do they have a explanation for this? I am just so sorry. I want this for you so badly.

ttc - I'm going to have an emergency consult with my doctor in the morning. I've been doing a lot of reading since last night and I'm pretty sure it may have something to with my ovaries being PCOSish. Immature eggs and egg quality are highly linked to PCOS so I'm going to grill my doctor about that when we meet with him tomorrow.

Thank you guys for your continued support. I know it's not worst case but it just seems like I can't win with infertility over these last 5 years. It is exhausting. There are 6 though so I'm going to hold onto that.

Great that you will speak with him tomorrow. Maybe there is something else that can be done. Yes concentrate on those 6.

Ash I hope you don't mind me writing here. I have been reading.

My ovaries are pcos- ish too. Blood work doesn't indicate that bad. But on ultrasound they appear that way. I ended up taking metformin for my 2nd and 3rd cycles. My first cycle was like you are sayin. High amount of eggs retrieved (24)compared to how many were mature(12) and then I had only 3 fertilize. And when I got my bfn I googled too and found that it was likely due to poor egg equality. When I also found was the recommendation for lower dose stims so that many less eggs were retrieved and egg quality wasn't compromised. For the cycle I got my twins I had 6 eggs retrieved and 4 fertilized and put back two and froze one.

blue - thanks for sharing your story! I don't even know what to think at this point but I'm just hoping for the best.

AFM - I can't believe tomorrow is day 6 for my embryos. Surprisingly I am pretty calm about it ... despite my freak out the day I found out how many were mature/fertilized. I figure there's no point in freaking out because it is what it is. I have 8 and they're either going to make it to day 6 or they're not and I need to let it go. I did my best, I took the supplements to help with egg quality, and there's no point in worrying myself to death now. Plus, it's almost Thanksgiving! I love the holidays. Honey and I always get our christmas tree either on Thanksgiving or the day after. I am so happy the holidays are here and that the weather in Northern California is cooling down. :D Fall/winter is my favorite time of year, especially when we get to go up to the snow in Tahoe!

ttc - I hope you're remaining calm and letting those embies snuggle up!

Mo - how are you doing? Are you still on schedule for starting in a little less than 2 weeks now?

Ash - So glad that you are looking forward to the holidays! I love the change in weather also. It is always so hot here so the few days that we get where is mild it is lovely.

Please let me know when you get the call tomorrow. Either way you are having a great attitude and that is what counts.

I am trying to stay calm, I had a bit of freak out today but I talked myself off the ledge and now I feel better. I have been having nausea the last couple of days when my stomach is empty and today a very minor dizzy spell. I do know that this can all be from the PIO shots so I am not getting my hope up but I do try to keep envisioning my lil ones getting nice and comfy in there and it is helping.

Hi! Yes still on track. Today is cd28 my normal AF day but I think it will come Sunday due to the delay from the chemical. So soon!! My growth hormone will be here tomorrow. I can't wait for aF right now.

Ttc: I think you should test! I'm a poasaholic haha. Sounds promising!!

I hope your report is fantastic ash! You're right nothing else you can do. You tried the best you could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->