Anyone doing FET/IVF in Jan 2013 till everyone's BFP (Everyone Welcome)

Thanks Mo. You are so close to starting now. I can't wait till we are all discussing ms and pregnancy weight gain etc. hopefully that is not to far off for us.

Mo - yay for being on track! I'm so excited for all of us!

ttc - I think those symptoms sound promising! That damn progesterone is really mean though! FX'd for the best outcome! Bring on the ms!

Mo - unfortunately no .... I'm looking at my phone every second! I will let you girls know as soon as I know something!

Thanks Ash! I don't seem so sick anymore but I am eating a ton more and maybe that is why. I have had a few more dizzy spells. DH made me promise I wouldn't test before the blood test. I am just not sure I want to it from the nurse ya know. Anyway, I will try to wait. I asked him if we could test the morning of the test and he didn't answer so maybe I could take him into that.

I cannot wait to hear about your report...geez whats taking them so long!

Friday! Wont this be the longest week!!!!!!!!! I am having so many different symptoms that can be either the estrogen or progesterone in oil that I am on. Boy I want to believe it is pregnancy though!

Geez I hope you are right. I am so ready to hold my lil one in my arms. It has been a long 6 year journey and I ready. Thanks for the positivity....sometimes it is just good to read.

ttc - Friday will be here before you know it! Try to keep as busy as possible.

AFM - I want to preface by saying that I'm not ungrateful for the outcome thus far but I do have concerns.

They called ... Only 2 embryos made it to blastocyst to be biopsied for CCS testing. We have 4 total, 2 from our frozen cycle and 2 from this fresh cycle. I'm really not thrilled with this based on the number of fertilized that we had. They like to see a 50% blastocyst rate and I'm not getting that. In any of my cycles. I know what my doctor is going to say .... I have bad egg quality. This blows. So, moving on since there's nothing I can do about it.

The quality I have is
6AA
4AB
3AB
3BB/C

The quality is not bad in all of them.
The concern I have now is that for my age a little over 50% should come back normal from CCS testing. However, I have a lot of worries because I'm "supposed" to be able to produce a lot of blastocysts based on my age ... so just because I'm "supposed" to get normal embryos from CCS testing I just don't know if that's going to be the case. The embryologist said I should hear in 2 weeks, nurse seems to think 3-4 weeks so ... we'll see who is right in a few weeks I guess.

I hope I can last these next couple of weeks. I may go crazy waiting for these results.

I'm also worried because I'm starting that depot lupron medication and it can cause depression ... and I'm already pretty upset that my body sucks. Ugh! Maybe I need some therapy.

Ash im sorry the results weren't better. You have 4 though so hopefully you get some normals. I've had the same issue my first 2 cycles. Plenty of embryos but only 2 blasts each cycle. I was 28 my first cycle

Mo - thanks. I am hoping for the best but I do not want to get my hopes up. I asked Surrey if he could get me pregnant even if I don't get a lot of eggs or if I have low egg quality and he basically said he could but it's a numbers game so I would have to go through more IVF cycles to try and get more eggs to test and hopefully get a good number of normal embryos. I'm not willing to do that. So, here we are, hoping for the best from the 4 we have.

Whst protocol did you do at ccrm? What have you tried?
I did microdose flare. I'm not a poor responder but that protocol worked well for me even though its designed for poor responders. I'm doing it again for this ivf cycle.

Aww Ash, you don't sound ungrateful, just disappointed and I get it! Sorry, I know you were hoping for more. That 6AA might just be your lil one though. These next few weeks will give you sometime to wrap your head around your results and work through your emotions. Worry about today and go from there. It is all we can do after all.

I know you are feeling down right now but you have 4. Lets see what those amazing 4 blasts can do.

I know I didn't respond well to being down regulated. I did not down regulate this last cycle and I didn't manage to make better eggs. Did Dr Surrey say anything about the PCOS causing egg quality issues? I am also heard maybe about some others using other types of meds that help with egg quality like growth hormones.

Mo - Both cycles at CCRM were antagonist. My doctor thought the problem of too many immature eggs was caused by the fact that I wasn't stiming for long enough. Apparently that's not the case so IF we were to do another cycle I would ask for a completely different protocol. At my other clinic we did Long Lupron ... and I seem to have the same problem with that protocol. Too many immature eggs. Either way my eggs can't seem to get to the blast stage. 2 always do, but that's it no matter how many eggs I get. It's so weird. It's an egg quality problem and it makes perfect sense. DH is a nerdy science guy and he looks into it, it's actually that the mitochondria in my eggs does not have enough "energy" to keep dividing. There is basically nothing they can do to fix that. COq10 actually helps with the mitochondria but I did that this time and nothing really changed. I did get higher quality embryos but that's it.

ttc - He hasn't said anything about the PCOS and it causing egg problems. I'm sure he will when we have our consult. I also heard about the growth hormone therapy stuff but I'm really not sure I want to do anymore treatments. It's exhausting me. Plus financially, I want to be done with this!

It's been a few days and I'm just feeling that I have 4. And hopefully 3 - 4 of those come back normal. If they do I'll be happy. I have 3 to work with. That's more than some people ever get so in the spirit of Thanksgiving I'm going to be grateful for that. I'm not doing another IVF cycle. I've been doing a lot of reflecting and my DH and I are getting ready to buy a home, and build a family and honestly, I don't want to be out more money when I could actually put that money into building a great life for my family. And donor eggs is the route I will take if that's what it comes down to. My eggs are just not doing it for me and I know that at the end of the day what's important is to raise a child with my husband. It only being half biologically ours is not the main thing. And I'm just really ready to move on.

If I did more cycles we're talking about potentially spending $150,000 (5 cycles approx. to get 10 blastocysts, plane tickets, medications, etc.) and I just can't justify that knowing that I do have an egg quality issue. Plus the toll all of these treatments have had on me.

On and good note, I got my period this morning! So I get to start my depot lupron for my FET in late January. I'm nervous because that med has a ton of nasty side effects but I'm also ready to get the show on the road and see if this was our problem all along. FX'd for me! And my DH ... mood swings are wicked!

Ash - I completely understand not wanting to go through it again. I am feeling the same way, though our issues are different. I am so happy you have found a way to be grateful for those 4 embies that you have. I am praying hard that they come back normal. When do you find out? The money is ridiculous though. In the beginning of this FET I was already planning on going to CCRM if it didn't work. Now, I am not to sure. My body is tired. My finances are almost exhausted and I just don't know if I want to put myself through another cycle either. Maybe I just need to be okay with it being me and DH. My beta is tomorrow and I just don't know how to feel about it. I am really hoping for a BFP, but I feel like I have to be prepared for a BFN and move on. All I can say is Infertility SUCKS!!!!!

Good luck on the Lupron.....what dose are you on? I was only on half the normal dose and I was okay.

ttc - seriously I hope tomorrow you log on and tell us you're pregnant! Were you able to convince your DH to let you POAS right before the beta? Either way we'll know tomorrow :D What an awesome Thanksgiving/Christmas gift that would be. You transferred two right?

I won't find out about the CCS testing results for about 3 weeks. The embryologist seemed to think I would find out in no more than 2 but my nurse said 3. I'm hoping my nurse was wrong but ... I'm not holding my breath. The lurpon is 3.75mg. It's a shot that stays in your system for a month and releases the meds every so often. Something like that. It's a little bit different than the other lupron that I have taken before IVF for suppression. With those I got headaches really bad. I'm just hoping for the best. I have to do it, there's really no getting around it.

Thank you Ash! Yes it would be an amazing Thanksgiving and Christmas present for us. We transferred 2. One was half way hatched and the other was just starting to hatch. They did assisted hatching on them b/c I guess that is the norm for FETs. I hope that lil extra help to get out of the shell was all we needed.

Yes I do remember you saying 3 weeks before. I will continue to pray that they all come back normal and at the very least you will have some FETS in your future.

We deserve this!!!! I have come to that conclusion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->