Anyone doing FET/IVF in Jan 2013 till everyone's BFP (Everyone Welcome)

Hey ladies! I have been lurking on this post for a while but haven't updated for nearly a month now. I'm about a week and a half out from starting AF, and then my FIRST IVF-ICSI will begin! We're doing a lupron flare cycle. Is anyone currently/or will be doing this? I'm not sure what to expect, I'm a little nervous but trying to remain positive that this could lead to a BFP. Our RE gave us a 55-60% chance it could work. Husband is the main reason we're pursing this, due to male factor.

Welcome Mbrink

AFM: Today's lining was 12mm, very excited as I only have to be above 9 for transfer. and that's two weeks away. Dr. says the "fluffier" the better :)

Welcome Mbrink

AFM: Today's lining was 12mm, very excited as I only have to be above 9 for transfer. and that's two weeks away. Dr. says the "fluffier" the better :)

That is exciting! Are you doing a FET or IVF? Hopefully the next two weeks fly by, I'm so eager to begin our first cycle.

Hi all - hope I can join you. We are having doing our first FET in January after a failed IVF in early 2012 and a cancelled transfer in fall 2012. I doing Lupron and Vivelle dot patches right now, and have the ultrasound next Thursday (1/3/13). Assuming all goes well, our transfer is scheduled for January 11th. What a way to start the new year, right? FX to all of you!

Welcome! How EXCITING!!!! We're on the same schedule! I have an U/S tomorrow, again on the 3rd and transfer on the 11th as well. I'm doing a FET as a surrogate (2nd FET for me) and transferring two again. How many are you planning n transferring?

I am planning on transferring two. I would LOVE twins, so while I'll certainly be happy if even one sticks around, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both. I had a blood test last week, but only have one ultrasound (one week from today) to check lining. So glad to hear that yours was good!

That is exciting! Are you doing a FET or IVF? Hopefully the next two weeks fly by, I'm so eager to begin our first cycle.

We are doing an FET. The Parents only have 4 frosties left after transfer so we really need these to work. They are hoping for a sibling project as well.

I am planning on transferring two. I would LOVE twins, so while I'll certainly be happy if even one sticks around, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both. I had a blood test last week, but only have one ultrasound (one week from today) to check lining. So glad to hear that yours was good!

We're doing two as well. I would love to carry twins, but I'm secretly glad that the parents will be getting them and not me. :rofl:

Isn't it funny how FS are all different. I have weekly lining checks for 3 weeks before transfer and well as blood work.

What meds is everyone currently on?

I'm on Estrogen Tabs and Injections as well as Vitamin, dHA and Folic Acid. I start progesterone 6 days before transfer.

Hi Ladies

Hope you all had a good christmas, havent got much access to the computer over the holidays so just thought i would jump on quickly to say hi!

Welcome Sweet :hi:

Phantom Great news about lining not long now :happydance:

Mbrink Fx'd AF shows up soon and its all go from there Yay! :happydance:

Mells did you have a u/s yesterday how did it go not long til ER :happydance:

Em how you doing not long for you either for your surgery :happydance:

Boofle hope you are ok and staying strong through the holiday season thinking of you :hugs:

Hope I havent missed anyone sorry if I have. :kiss:

AFM - No updates just waiting for 6th Jan to start sticking myself with needles again yay!!!! :happydance:

Feels like this thread is really starting to get moving now cant wait for all the updates in 2013!!!!! xxx

Hi Everyone! I had my US yesterday and it appeared I had a cyst. The doc sent me for blood work, and my levels are high. I got the dreaded call today that my cycle is being postponed. The FS thinks that I ovulated recently :shrug: and that is what they saw on the scan.
It will probably be the end of February, but at least I didn't start my meds so I won't have to pay for them again next time.
I'm so sad :cry: and lost it in my DH's office today when I told I'm the news. He is pretty reserved so I know he is pondering everything as well right now.

I am SO sorry Mells! I hate getting those awful calls from the RE's office. I had to make them start calling my husband because I couldn't bear to hear bad news for them anymore. What cycle day were on you when this happened? I am here if you need to vent! Sending you so many hugs and prayers!

Hi all,
I'm not a FET but I'm a first time IVF-ICSI for January! I've been on Lupron since Christmas Day and start Follistim on Jan 1. My initial u/s looked good, so we are hoping and praying. ER around Jan 12-16ish. Anyone else with those dates?! Lots of baby dust to you all. :dust:

Mells I'm so sorry your cycle had been postponed, don't blame you for breaking down it's so disappointing when things don't go as expected, like mbrink had said we are here for you and vent as much as you want it is good to get it off your chest. Thinking if you and dh. :hugs:

Welcome cali, glad baseline went well. There are a few ladies on here who have dates either before our just after you in jan :hugs:

Ladies I'm going to change the thread title to include Feb and March as I know a few of you have had some set backs and would love to continue to follow your journeys hope that is ok xxx

Mbrink - welcome back! Good luck to you!

Mells - I'm so sorry! I had a few setbacks getting started with my cycles and I know how hard it is to wait. Sending you tons of :hugs:

Sandy - thanks for changing the title. I was hoping to stay on this thread even though we won't be cycling until February.

Cali - welcome!

AFM - DH and I had a huge talk yesterday and we've decided to go ahead with another full IVF cycle instead of a FET. We decided since I'm going to be on a medicated cycle anyway, we might as do a full cycle and bank some more embryos from my 33 year old eggs. This was suggested by my RE originally. I'm still trying to wrap my head around another full cycle but I know it's the best choice for us since we really hope to have more than one child. Of course the timeline depends on how my surgery goes, but hopefully I'll be starting stims the first week in February.

Mells honey I am so sorry about your delay :( it's a real bummer but you will get there hun - sending you lots of hugs :hugs:
Sandy - not long now :)
Phantom - great news on your lining :)
Cali and mbrink welcome - this really is a busy thread but all that means is in 2013 we'll have lots of BFP's to report :)
Hope everyone else is okay.

Thanks ladies! I'm feeling better today. More positive...and I can have champagne on New Year's! :haha:

I'm on day 26 of my cycle today so AF should be here rather soon. I was a little confused this cycle that I was only on BCP for three weeks and my baseline was before I started my period. Oh well, I'm moving on, and hoping the best for February. :thumbup:

Em, thats good that you have decided to go for a fresh cycle as means you will always have your frosties if that doesn't work. Hopefully that won't be the case tho. Not long for your surgery now! :happydance:

mell, glad you are feeling more positive, hope you enjoy your champagne and fx'd it will be the last one for a while :hugs:

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well.

I'm having a night in enjoying a glass of wine with dh, looking forward to bringing in the new year and hoping for some good luck for 2013 same to the rest of you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For you ladies who have done IVF, did you drink right before your cycle started? I'm a little weary drinking anything tonight since my cycle starts next week. Not trying to throw anything off. :)

I drank the night before (not a lot, just a glass) It was a positive cycle for me that later ended in a blighted ovum but I don't think it was the alcohol, honestly. More likely the quality of embryos. Regardless, I'm being saintly this time and abstaining from all things fun. :rofl:

Mbrink have some fun honey. I did everything by the book first time round and it ended in bfn, second time I was more relaxed and hey we nearly got there!! So I would say have a drink or three enjoy yourself and relax :) in any case you've got a week to recover :) xx
Happy new year everyone and bring on all our 2013 bumps xx

Mbrink I agree. I think that as long as you don't over indulge you should be fine.

Im back and on my last cycle of Ivf, started my injections 15th Dec so all been well ec is 21st then et 24th or 26th, I never had an ultersound scan on any of my last et so I was going to ask for 1 this time has Any1 else had 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->