Anyone due around August 19th?

She is testing me every two weeks to see if I have the hormone you produce a couple weeks before labor starts.... she tested Thursday and it was negative! Thank goodness... if things get worse, more bleeding or if one of the test comes back positive then she said we'll go from there! Just limited on certain things I can do right now...
Do you have a certain theme/color for your wedding? Hubby and I married April 2012 after 6 years together ( and 2 kids hahaha)

Hi ladies

Although due 30th August I'll be getting induced around the 19th as I'm diabetic. Excited to be almost on the home stretch

I still havent mastered the multi quote thing:haha: Its good you did the homework for us:winkwink:

In the heat a pool and a fan are very helpful, cant believe the swelling during the day when it gets so hot! Whats your dress like?

There will be lots of crying:hugs: They're growing up! I'm from the UK, only been in the states for just under 4 years so the american system can be a bit confusing.

Its alot like a flu feeling yes and strangely the longer on bedrest the more tired:wacko: I did bedrest with the last 2 as well but nowhere near as long as this. Lol yeah ometimes is nice to get a break though:haha:

Al1317 is that the fetal fibrinectin test? I've been trying to get that the last 3 weeks but keep bleeding. Its a really accurate test, amazing what they can do nowadays:thumbup: I had it twice with #3 and 3x with #4 and for me was negative at first and when it went positive with the last test baby arrived within 10 days. Its not as predictive with a positive result for every woman but a neg result is very reassuring:hugs:

Hi foxy, feels really good to be on the last stretch doesnt it:happydance: How're you finding pregnancy with diabetes?:hugs:

Yes that's the one! I'd never heard of it as I've never had issues before, I was amazed when she told me about it! Very handy!

Do you miss the UK? I would love to have a vacation there at some point! And Italy, I'm half Italian:)

It really is a brilliant test, very good tool for predicting delivery and getting the right timing for steroids and meds:thumbup: Even if its negative though if you're still getting cramping and contractions its good to keep taking it very easy to try and make sure the next test is negative too:hugs:

Italy is beautiful:cloud9: I miss UK chocolate:haha: Very happy here in San Diego though.

Hhmm what is the difference from UK chocolate? LOL

I'm doing my best to take it easy! For sure not the easiest thing to do, although I'm glad I'm not on full bedrest... wouldn't it be lovely if the hubbies could take our places for bit just for a small break! Wishful Hoping :/

Everything is good...still going every 4-5 weeks for growth scans which if fine with me cause I get to see Paige ALOT. Everything turned out good with all the tests no ds or t18 and her cysts were gone at my 22 week scan they just want to make sure she is growing properly. She was in the 44th percentile at 26.2 and she weighed 1.15. I just can't believe time is flying so fast now. Today is the start of 3rd tri thank god....2 more days for you!!!! YAY!!!!!! How is everything looking with your prince and the heart issue? I pray for the best for you and LO :)

So many people.. so many posts.. I got all confused haha..

It was gorgeous but blooming cold! Have you got your dress and everything sorted?

Yep baby 4 :D I said no more after my 1st so who knows! I am not suppose to ovulate when I am a certain weight so I have stayed over said weight (I am not allowed to take contraceptives and condoms suck) but obviously this baby was meant to be :D I love even numbers in family's. My third has been the hardest work she is full of mischief and a bit too stubborn but gorgeous!

Has your little baby got a name yet? Sorry if I have missed this in your thread xx

I bet you dont miss the weather in the uk though! Having the heating on full blast on may is driving my bills through the roof hahaha.

I tried to go out for a meal last night without my crutches so i am really paying for it today!

I have started shopping for buts for my hospital bag. Has anyone else?

I'm due on August 20, so super close to you! I also felt like I was somewhere in the middle, straddling both 2nd and 3rd tri and love the idea of this thread.

This is my first baby and I'm hoping for a natural birth. My mother had all three of us biological siblings at home with natural births (I'm going with the hospital though -- they're pretty good here about natural births) so I am hoping I can do so too. We were all late -- around 2 weeks. Wonder if I will be too? I'm enjoying reading the birth stories as I'm trying to get a sense of what to expect.

Other things about me: I 'm an American living in Australia. Other than DH and a 21-year old step-daughter, I have no family here. My sister wants to come for the birth but, honestly, I think she'll just stress me out. Wish my mom could make it, but my little brother (adopted from Russia) is fighting cancer so my mom can't leave him.

Once baby is here, we want to spend a few months in Australia and then travel back home for an extended visit through the holidays. I get 6 months maternity leave! :happydance:

OK, I think that's enough about me. :)

ooooo we are suuuper close!!!!!!!! How cool!!!

What are you doing in Australia? That seems exciting :) I've always wanted to go there!! I'm sorry to hear about your brother though :( Hope everything is okay.... It must be really hard going through all of this without your mom or any of your family close by :( That is sooo awesome that you get 6 months of maternity leave though!! That's just crazy!! I want that lol!! Well at least you have this site for some support in the mean time :hugs:

*** It looks like we have an awesome group going here :hugs:**** So glad I feel like I fit in SOMEWHERE again!!!!!!!!

Wow, I am super impressed with your response to us all! I'm supposed to be preparing to teach tomorrow morning (ugh) and make dinner, so I am keeping my response short. :)

To answer your questions, I got a job here in Australia about a year and a half ago, teaching at a university here. It's a great job, but I really miss my family. :cry: My brother's prognosis is good; it just seems to be a matter of going through all the chemo he needs. But it's hard on my mom and hard on me being away. Anyway, we'll get through it all okay! And, like you said, the good thing is that I get six months of maternity leave! That's one good thing about Australia.

And guess what? I used to live in Boise before I moved to Australia! Do you like it there? I loved it and wish I could move back.

I wish I had time to individually reply to the rest of you, but instead I'll just say hi for now. :wave:

Thanks, Kelsey, for starting this thread! :hugs:

I am due August 19th! This is my second baby, I have a little girl who is 15 months old. I had a fantastic labour and birth with her and I can't wait to do it again!!

Can't believe we are in THIRD TRI!! Well nearly lol.. Xx

I bet you dont miss the weather in the uk though! Having the heating on full blast on may is driving my bills through the roof hahaha.

I tried to go out for a meal last night without my crutches so i am really paying for it today!

I have started shopping for buts for my hospital bag. Has anyone else?

I bought some maternity pads yesterday, for my bag! I love packing the hospital bag! With my daughter I had it all packed at 30 weeks but I'm not feeling quite that organised this time! I need to find some nice button front nighties, and I want to get some nice shampoo and shower gel to take in with me :)

Ahh my OH bought me a lovely set of mini elemis shower gels and moisturisers for mother day so i dont need to buy them.

I tend to buy all the non essential stuff and then flap around getting the essentials at the last minute hahaha

Hi foxy, feels really good to be on the last stretch doesnt it:happydance: How're you finding pregnancy with diabetes?:hugs:

It's not been as bad as I thought. I was on tablets before so just switched to insulin and all going well so far. Hopefully bubs doesn't get too big.

OMG she's going to be here in 13 weeks:baby:

:wave:

Sheri thats a great weight:thumbup: My guy was 1lb 4oz at 24+3:baby:

The men so need to do the bedrest :rofl:

Becca, lovely big family:cloud9: Baby was obviously meant to be! I wasnt planning my guy, was bfing and avoided the whole 2 weeks around ovulation so massive shock!

Aurora lol I'll take the cold, AC bills are just as high:wacko: Sorry you're so sore hun:hugs: Yep hospital bag packed and at the door:thumbup:

Phrumkidost:hugs: Sorry you miss home:hugs: Australia is a lovely place, have you visited Cairns? So glad your brothers prognosis is good:hugs:

Welcome missmaternal:flower:

Foxy, crossing everything she doesnt get too big for you!

Been an eventful night/morning for me, I didnt feel little guy move all night so went in to get seen, go on the monitor and the wee ratbad moves like the clappers:dohh: The machine starts showing contractions every 2-3 minutes and lasting a minute though and I'm only feeling 10% of these even though they're strong:wacko: So had to get a terbutaline shot, then they did ffn as bleeding slowed right down and checked cervix, somehow I'm dilated to 2cm now but ffn was negative so will get another 2 weeks:happydance: Had to get more antibiotics for a bad UTI as well. Back to perinatology on wednesday for growth scan and check of the clot/placenta. Still got to stay on strict bedrest:sleep: Thats laying on left side with bathroom privaleges and 10 mins for a quick shower a day.

Glad your ffn was neg! And I thought moderate rest sucked! I feel awful for you, so sorry :(

Hey!! :)

Ugh yeah August will definitely be an overwhelming and crazy time!! I'm hoping I'll at least get a few days before having baby Jax and Dylan starting Kindergarten but we will see!!

How is your pregnancy going so far? Is there a reason why you think you might get induced early? That would be really neat if your baby got here on Aug 26th :) :)

We have a new puppy so I'm reeeeaaaally hoping she gets along with the baby! She is just a small little thing though, 5 lbs at the most and she has NEVER growled or sniped at my 4 year old so I"m thinkin we will be okay!! I'm glad you and I found each other again! Now we can stay in touch through the end!!!!! :):):)

Oh man yeah I guess Jax will come whenever he is ready :haha:!!!! My DF keeps going around telling everyone he will be here at the end of July bc thats what the dr THINKS and I keep trying to tell him that NOTHING is a for sure thing!!! :)

ooooo we are suuuper close!!!!!!!! How cool!!!

What are you doing in Australia? That seems exciting :) I've always wanted to go there!! I'm sorry to hear about your brother though :( Hope everything is okay.... It must be really hard going through all of this without your mom or any of your family close by :( That is sooo awesome that you get 6 months of maternity leave though!! That's just crazy!! I want that lol!! Well at least you have this site for some support in the mean time :hugs:

Wooohooo for double digits!!!!!!!!!!! I had my baby shower on the day I went to double digits so it was pretty cool :) Yeah Jax's heart seems to be doing okay for now!! :thumbup: hoping it stays that way!!!

Sorry about the cramping you're experiencing right now :nope: that's awful. I had some cramping and pressure problems around 20 weeks and was put on pelvic rest and that seemed to help... Jax was head down at that point and I think thats where most of it was coming from because as soon as he switched positions and became breech I felt soooo much better!! He recently switched back to head down and my cramps and the pressure is starting again Lol! I just hope I can stay feeling okay until after my wedding!! Once that happens I will be more than fine with taking it easy!!

I'm hoping I follow you pattern and have my son at 37 weeks! That would be perfect!! :)

Hi!! Good to see you again!!!

Woohoo for the 3rd tri!! I'm getting super excited about everything!! It feels like there's a light at the end of this tunnel now!!

How has everything been going with you?!

Yay! We are so close!!

Sorry to hear about the SPD :( I have sciatic nerve problems really bad and I feel as though I am getting SPD. By about 8PM I can barley walk, my hips feel like theyre going to give out! It's awful :( Ugh especially sitting on the toilet seat, ouch!!! I'm also to the point where I can't sleep because I'm so uncomfortable in bed and rolling over is just excruciating!

I'm hoping the 3rd tri will go by quickly as well!!

Hey Nela!!!!!!!!!! How have you been?!?! :hugs:

Yay for the 19th!! It's a good day :)

Wedding plans are going great!! Everything is set up and ready!! I picked up my dress today and LOVE IT! They are taking out the zipper and putting a corset in the back so I will fit into the dress no matter how much I grow this next month :haha:

Fill me in on everything with you! How is baby?!

Ahhh well its a great day for wedding AND birthdays!! :):):)

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages :hugs: So this is your 4th? I want to have 4 :) Is this going to be your last??

I bet a December wedding was BEAUTIFUL!! Mine will be soooo HOT!! It will be about 110F I will be dying but oh well lol :haha:

Congrats!!!!! My first was a boy too! They are so great <3 They love their mommas!!! <3 We are pretty close together too! Thats awesome :)

We are definitely close together! yay! Ugh I wish I was at the birth story point as well!! :haha: That is so exciting that you're having a girl! I want a little girl so bad! I really want to have one of each! Hopefully my next one will be a little girl :)

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: That's so awesome!!!

Sorry to hear about your preterm labor scare :( were you having contractions or what? That would be so scary :( I'm glad they stopped it and that everything is okay with your little one!! Did they put you on bed rest or anything??

OMG I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY!! Everything you described is me to a T!!! I feel like I am close to giving birth and I"m only 26 weeks!! I don't remember feeling like this until I was like 36+ weeks with my son! It's crazy! I don't know how I'm going to make it another 13 week!!

Oh man you have been through so much already :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear about your loss<3 What wonderful news that you still have your little boy though!! I'm so glad to hear that he is still in there! I hope you continue to carry him for awhile longer <3

How is bed rest going? That can't be easy with 4 kids! You're a strong momma!! Keep up the amazing work!!!!! <3<3

*** It looks like we have an awesome group going here :hugs:**** So glad I feel like I fit in SOMEWHERE again!!!!!!!!
Thank you, we didn't really do much for our anniversary this year, I guess with a 3 year old already and me being so uncomfortable and hubby just starting a new job we had enough going on already. Oh well, I'm planning on having many more anniversaries to come :)

Yes, I was having contractions! 2-3 mins apart and I guess that caused me to dilate and her to turn around and get ready to come out! It is always very scary, fortunately I knew a little bit about what to expect though. I went into preterm labor several times with DS and was put on brethine to control the contractions. I think the issue though lies with my fluid intake. I wasn't too sure what caused it until now, but I have always been someone who could carry around a bottle of water all day and sip on it, but still be on the dame bottle at the end of the day! I know that's bad, because with any kind of sugary, caffeinated drink I could finish it right up :p

What can I say? I love my coffee and Dr. Pepper! Oh well, I have cut out all my sodas and just go with my morning coffee now. I try to drink loads of water the rest of the day now. To think I could have possibly prevented this to begin with. I am not on bedrest at this moment because once everything stopped, I had a check-up and everything looked great so my OB wasn't concerned too much yet. He said just do as little as possible and stay hydrated!

I am feeling loads better though since that episode and I hope things will stay that way, I hate feeling so uncomfortable so early on. Hope you feel better too! Are any of you planning baby showers soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->