Anyone due on or around 19th Feb?

Im due the 17th with my second.. my first was induced 10 days late so im well expecting to go over again but the last week has been rather uncomfortable BH constantly, really loose bowels, 10+ wee stops during the night has resulted in me about to flop over I cant do this any more.. ill never give birth at this rate i'm too tired :-( I could cry

Everyone is hoping to go early, has anyone actually had their baby early? My little guy surprised me at 35+6 and became a January baby! He's perfectly healthy and only had to be monitored for a couple hours in the nursery. Anyways, I hope you all get to hold your babies soon!!

I have the same due date you had (feb 24th) and I'm hoping for an early baby too! Send labor vibes my way please 'cause I'm SO ready to have him come out! My belly hurts more each day! Glad to hear your son was born healthy and is doing great :D

Hi girls! :wave:

Well, after a very promising (or so I thought) week 37, its all been quiet on the BH/contraction front since last Friday! :dohh: Have resigned myself to 41+ sth for this baby... :(
On the upside, I finish work this week! :happydance: I am SO ready for that!!!!!!!!!

Have a good day all! :D
xx

Ahh sorry to hear that. I had another MW appointment today and also got disheartened as she told me the baby wasn't engaged :-( But 2 weeks ago she said the baby was nice and low etc…. so I was hopeful this baby would be a 38 weaker but not looking like it! She did say 2nd babies don't always engage until labour starts but who knows!
I suppose I should be making the most of these last couple of weeks with my DD1 having us all to herself but Im so uncomfortable, I can't really do much with her now. My bump is so achy and tender, feels ready to pop!

Funny I could have sworn babies head felt well into my pelvis last week…….

Im due the 17th with my second.. my first was induced 10 days late so im well expecting to go over again but the last week has been rather uncomfortable BH constantly, really loose bowels, 10+ wee stops during the night has resulted in me about to flop over I cant do this any more.. ill never give birth at this rate i'm too tired :-( I could cry

sorry to hear you're so tired :-( restless sleep is no fun. Im not sure what your situation is but try to rest as much as you can during the day, even if its just the odd 5 or 10 mins here and there, as conserving energy is the best thing you can do. Do you drink in the evenings? Ive stopped having anything after 8pm and just do all my drinking fluids during the day. Yes I'm on the loo every 15 mins or so, but during the night I only wake once, so it seems to work for me. x

Janey, don't worry about babies head not being engaged, my MW also told me that 2nd babies don't tend to engage until labor, all that counts is head down :)
I was supposed to have a home visit from my MW this morning, with an internal and sweep. Someone was in labor and she had to reschedule to FRIDAY! Gosh I hurt so so bad and I can't sleep for the life of me and still have to run after a toddler all day :wacko:

I saw the midwife today and not much has changed. He's still 3/5 and my fundal height has tailed off a bit, it still looks slightly above the 50th percentile when plotted on the chart though so I guess that's normal. I've just washed my car (by hand!) to see if he takes the hint and gets moving!

Nothing new here. Still waiting and uncomfortable :( x

Nothing new to report for me with me either ladies. I have to say I have enjoyed the last couple of days just me and my dd. She is being really affectionate at the moment and cuddles on the sofa when im resting are really making my day :)
Its hard in the evening as for some reason the baby decides to really start moving and kicking once im watching tv. I think im appreciating time with my dd as the new baby approaches!

Janey, don't worry about babies head not being engaged, my MW also told me that 2nd babies don't tend to engage until labor, all that counts is head down :)
I was supposed to have a home visit from my MW this morning, with an internal and sweep. Someone was in labor and she had to reschedule to FRIDAY! Gosh I hurt so so bad and I can't sleep for the life of me and still have to run after a toddler all day :wacko:

Ive just noticed from your signature that we will have roughly the same age gap between our little ones :) eveyone tells me it will be difficult having a new baby and a (nearly) 2 year old. Are you nervous at all about them being close in age?

Ive just noticed from your signature that we will have roughly the same age gap between our little ones :) eveyone tells me it will be difficult having a new baby and a (nearly) 2 year old. Are you nervous at all about them being close in age?

Yup, I'm pretty nervous. I try not to put too much thought into it though, I'll stress myself right out lol. I'm hoping it's just gonna be about finding a routine that works for all of us

Saw my MW this morning finally! A check had me at 3cm, so 2.5cm in 9 days, my MW was pleased and I am too :) she did my first sweep, actually gave two goes at it. I've been pretty sore this evening, BH with sharp pains but nothing rhythmic. If no baby by Tuesday, I'm back in for another sweep. This is officially the most pregnant I've ever been, seems my boy likes it in there more than my DD did!

UPDATE:

Well at 1am this morning I woke feeling a little trickle. Went to the loo and when I wiped it was a bit pink, went back to sleep and now its 8am and I have been having bloody mucus for a couple of hours. So, my plug is going!

I know for some it can still be weeks until labour actually starts but I did start losing a bit of this plug about a week ago I think and am feeling very cramp today too (feel like I'm on my period!) with lower back pain too.

Suddenly I FEEL NERVOUS!

Woohoo! You can do this, no need to be nervous :D keep us posted as you can!

Yay, good luck! I've done four poos in three days. Hardly counts as a 'clear out' but it's a recent personal best, nonetheless :haha:

I think with just losing plug it can be weeks but if you're having bloody show it means your cervix is changing and usually labour will start in the next couple days! Keep us updated!

Yay, good luck! I've done four poos in three days. Hardly counts as a 'clear out' but it's a recent personal best, nonetheless :haha:

lol!! oh I know that feeling. Ive been 'flushing out for a while now and this morning was another bumper session! :) The joys!

I think with just losing plug it can be weeks but if you're having bloody show it means your cervix is changing and usually labour will start in the next couple days! Keep us updated!

eeek! ok I just want it to hurry up and start now the waiting around is the worst! I have had more pink tinged mucus this afternoon and have been having a few pretty strong braxton hicks over the past 15 mins or so so Im guessing something is definitely revving up down there!

UPDATE:

Well at 1am this morning I woke feeling a little trickle. Went to the loo and when I wiped it was a bit pink, went back to sleep and now its 8am and I have been having bloody mucus for a couple of hours. So, my plug is going!

I know for some it can still be weeks until labour actually starts but I did start losing a bit of this plug about a week ago I think and am feeling very cramp today too (feel like I'm on my period!) with lower back pain too.

Suddenly I FEEL NERVOUS!

Exactly what you had I had this weekend! Friday and saturday I lost my mucus plug (at first i didn't know that that was it because the first bit of mucus that came down was completely bright red so I got scared and called the midwife who reassured me that it was ok). I too have been feeling like my period is about to come so I am hopefully that labor could be on its way because I am SO uncomfortable and in pain! I wonder if my midwife would agree to a sweep at 38 weeks...

2nd UPDATE:

Well all day yesterday I was losing my mucus plug off and on, then at around 8pm I started getting contractions. Dull at first then some quite sharp. We started to time them and at one point they seemed to be 9 minutes apart each lasting 40 seconds. We thought "this is it!" and I went to bed around 9.30pm to try to get some sleep. I woke up several times during the night with pretty strong contractions (I had to do breathing exercises through some of them!) but they were very irregular. We timed them and some were 4 mins apart, some were as much as 17 mins so in-between I tried to get a bit of sleep. This morning when I woke up I had bright red blood with mucus so Im guessing the irregular contractions were my cervix getting ready for the real deal!

So far Ive only had a few mild contractions this morning. I called Triage at the hospital and the MW told me it sounds like I'm in the early stages and to just have a bath, take paracetamol and try to potter around a bit. Its so frustrating! I wish it would just start now!

I was hoping it would be in the daytime so I can give my DD a kiss goodbye etc but I'm guessing it will be in the middle of the night…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->