Anyone due on or around 19th Feb?

Still irregular, unpredictable contractions going on its driving me mad! some are quite painful and I pass more plug following them, others are just a bit uncomfortable. They are ranging from 12 mins apart to 3 mins apart. I havnt had one now for 20 mins! :-(

come on baby!

How are you doing now Jayney?? Hopefully you're too busy having a baby to update :D I'm at 4cm now, but my cervix still has some length, which apparently can change during labor too. Time will tell!

Hi everyone! Well she's here :)
Tuesday at 1.30pm baby Connie May entered the world after what seemed like an eternity of irregular contractions and being stuck at 3cm. She wad born at 38+6 days.
When I went to bed on Mon night I continued to get contractions so to be on the safe side we went to the hospital triage unit to get checked. They told me gravity would help so we walked round and round, stopping every few mins for a contraction. After 4 hours I was still 3cm, shattered and emotional. I had a sweep which did nothing then another 4 hours later a 2nd sweep. Thats when things got going. I hobbled through strong contractions down to delivery and hit the gas and air!!! (For the 8 or so hours of contractions before that I couldn't have any pain relief as labour wasn't established)
Within 1 hour I had gone from 3cm to 7cm and had the urge to push. It took me completely by surprise as with dd1 I had an epidural so just followed the mws advice on when to push but this time I felt EVERYTHING!
She was 6lb9oz and is now 4 days old. Its 5.30am and ive been awake since 1.30am breastfeeding off and on she wont sleep in between hungry monster! My milks just came in so the mw said to expect a rough night.

How are all you ladies doing?

Yay congratulations!! :happydance: I've had my boy too! Thursday at 3:46am, 39+4, weighing in at 8lbs8oz and 21.5" long. I was having contractions 2-3mins apart for 50ish seconds each, headed to the birthing suite but my contractions shortened on the way! I was still stuck at 4cm so my midwife stretched me to 5cm and I drank some herbal drink 4x in an hour to see if we could get the strong contractions going, no luck so she broke my water. Then they hit me right away, ouchy. I was stretched to 8 or 9cm shortly after and laboured for maybe half hour and had the urge to push so my midwife stretched me again and got me to 10 and said I could push any time. My whole labour was just over 4 hours, active was just shy of an hour and I pushed for 5-10mins! It all went so ridiculously fast. We came home 2hrs after he was born :)
Good luck with your milk, I lucked out this time and never got the engorged feeling, my milk just came in nicely. I have a good little sleeper, but he seems to have his days and nights a little mixed. Daddy's on duty right now cause I've got maaaaybe 4hrs in short naps since he's been born lol. How's your DD doing with the LO Jayney?? Mine has been quite good, some attention seeking behaviour but she does admire him a lot and shares her blankets and stuffies <3

Congrats you two!! Sounds like everything went pretty smoothly for you both! Well done! Enjoy both your bundles, hope everyone else follows suite now!

Yay Mommy2be! Congratulations! Wow he was a good size :)

Our DD is great, shes amazed us actually. She watches theLO a lot when shes in the moses basket and strokes her head and gives her kisses its so lovely to watch. She has her moments where she cries to be picked up by me when im holding the LO but its only been a couple of times. It has broken my heart though to think I cant give her quite as much attention as shes used to but I think my hormones are more to blame than anything else! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->