Anyone else around a year of trying?

Luckybird - welcome!! Since you have irregular periods, I'd try charting my basal temps and checking cervical mucus (if you aren't already doing that). I think you should definitely go back to the doctor in April when you've been trying for 1 year - INSIST that they either investigate further or refer you to a fertility centre. But hopefully you will get your BFP before then ;)

Update on my fertility appt: I just got back. It went well and the doctor is recommending we go straight to IVF due to my endometriosis and tube issues. Wasn't expecting that quite so soon, but I'll take it! Just have to fill out some consent forms and wait for the NHS funding and next steps (probably more tests!)

Scarlett - so the entire thing took around 1.5 hours. The actual face time with the doctor didn't take very long (we just briefly went through my endometriosis history, previous blood tests, and hubby's sperm analysis), but I had to fill out some forms and got my weight, height and blood pressure taken, then had to give urine and wait to get blood taken. So in total about 1.5 hours!

Oh wow that's great news on the IVF! How long is the wait until you can get things started with it?

Thanks for the heads up about how long the appointment is too :) I'm meant to be having an acupuncture session on that day too - it will be a TTC overload day!! But I think I may move that now!!

:) x

Awwww thank you. Just feeling sorry for myself as keep getting negative on opk :cry: really felt like I had O'D this month too. Guess will know for sure with temping but its just so frustrating. What about you? X

I'm not sure how long it will be before we can start IVF but if I get the NHS funding then it all happens quite fast according to the doctor - there's no waiting list in my hospital. The only issue is I'm underweight so will need to put a bit on so I meet their minimum BMI otherwise that might delay things!

Scarlett - I stopped doing OPKs because I found it a bit stressful not getting positives so I just stuck with temping!

Awwww thank you. Just feeling sorry for myself as keep getting negative on opk :cry: really felt like I had O'D this month too. Guess will know for sure with temping but its just so frustrating. What about you? X

I totally understand, opks really frustrates me too, I think temping really is your best bet! :hugs:
Im good, I think. I may or may not have od... Still not sure. Hoping it will be more clear the next few days :shrug:

Hello! Hope everyone is having good weekends! Ooooh Goldfish go buy loadsa chocolate and start eating guilt free! Really hope all goes well with the funding and will keep everything crossed for you. What are the other criteria you've got to meet?

And thank you both on the opk advice. Been using the clear blue digi ones so thought they'd defo be right? But yes found it all too stressful so stopped doing now. TMI alert but acupuncture and herbs defo doing something as I've never had so much EWCM! So would change my mood but now on my phone so don't know how! Guess will just have to give it a few more days of temping to see. Really hope you've had some good news on the temping front lovn! :) xx

Scarlett - woo hoo for more ewcm!! I've been drinking grapefruit juice, taking evening primrose oil and sometimes even drinking cough syrup (with guaifenesin) to get more! Sounds like BD time for you!!

Haha you're the not the first person to tell me to eat more chocolate to gain weight! Unfortunately I'm not usually a big choc eater so Ive been having more milk, and going to just snack more on bananas, avocado, nuts...maybe drizzle olive oil on my food. I think we meet the other criteria for ivf (ttc for at least 1 year, been together as a couple for many years, i have endo, no previous children) - so fingers crossed!

Wow you sound so super healthy, wish I was like that. I find it really difficult to eat well because I just want to stuff my face with all the things that are very naughty :S I've been eating properly for several months now though cos of ttc and I am finding it easier, but still I'd love an excuse to be able to eat chocolate guilt free!

I'll keep everything crossed you get the thumbs up then for funding :) will you still keep trying in the meantime?

Yes lots of BD-ing! ;) but after tonight we'll be apart until Thursday and as I've still got EWCM and no increase on my temps I'm worried we won't be together when I finally O. *sigh* also started with a horrible cold so guessing that may bugger up readings too, and realised that when I've been drinking it affects it too. Had a night out on Friday and also Saturday before that (so only once a week) but a defo get a blip from that. Oh well am off work this week doing wedding stuff so going to try and think about that instead of babies!

Hope you've had a lovely weekend :) xx

I'm not as healthy as I may have sounded earlier ;) I don't really eat chocolate but I do have a weakness for crisps and other salty goodies.

Yes we will definitely keep trying while waiting for ivf - I'm really hoping we can somehow do this the old-fashioned way! If I wasn't 30+ with endo, I'd prob try longer but the dr sort of implied I shouldn't wait too long to get help!

I hope you O soon!! Though not ideal, I've also heard of people getting BFP even when they BD a few days before O!

Hey girls, could I join you , I have been taking a break from the site as I went a bit TTC crazy :wacko: but think it's time to come back !!

This is our 13th cycle, will be 1 year in May, AF is due today and then onto cycle 14 :wacko:

Me & DH are 26

GL everyone !!

Hello weeyin! Don't blame you for taking a break, it does all get a bit much after a while! Are you planning on doing anything different this cycle?

Hi Lovn! OMG just clocked your ticker!!! Big HUGE congrats to you am so pleased for you :) :) when did you get your BFP?

Goldfish you're still way healthier than me! Totally with you on the old fashioned way, and I really hope still that happens for me. Long story short but my hospital appointment got moved to April and I had a total meltdown on the phone to the poor receptionist :( she called me back to say they had a cancellation this Friday so I'm guessing I'll be put on clomid. EWCM finally stopped after 6 days but looking at my temps I still don't think I O'D this month :( guess it supports my blood test when I see Dr. You know my mum said none of her pregnancies were from BD-ing on day of O but a couple of days before. Maybe explains all girls for her lol!

Lets hope some good luck from Lovn rubs off on us all!

:) xx

Hey girls, could I join you , I have been taking a break from the site as I went a bit TTC crazy :wacko: but think it's time to come back !!

This is our 13th cycle, will be 1 year in May, AF is due today and then onto cycle 14 :wacko:

Me & DH are 26

GL everyone !!

Hi there! Welxome!! Did af show? I hope not but if so, I hope that no. 14 is the one!! Sending tons of dust your way!! :dust:

:flower:

Hello weeyin! Don't blame you for taking a break, it does all get a bit much after a while! Are you planning on doing anything different this cycle?

Hi Lovn! OMG just clocked your ticker!!! Big HUGE congrats to you am so pleased for you :) :) when did you get your BFP?

Goldfish you're still way healthier than me! Totally with you on the old fashioned way, and I really hope still that happens for me. Long story short but my hospital appointment got moved to April and I had a total meltdown on the phone to the poor receptionist :( she called me back to say they had a cancellation this Friday so I'm guessing I'll be put on clomid. EWCM finally stopped after 6 days but looking at my temps I still don't think I O'D this month :( guess it supports my blood test when I see Dr. You know my mum said none of her pregnancies were from BD-ing on day of O but a couple of days before. Maybe explains all girls for her lol!

Lets hope some good luck from Lovn rubs off on us all!

:) xx

Aw, so glad they had a cancellation and you don't have to wait until April! I really hope the clomid does the trick the first time round!! I will definitely send all my sticky dust your way!! :dust:
AFM - started testing at 7dpo and had some questionable squinter lines so 8dpo tested with a few other brands and all of those had pretty decent lines so today [9dpo] I did a digi and Pregnant came up in about 2 minutes!! :dance:
First time we've gotten a positive digi [never really got past "faint lines" in our other pregnancies :sad1:] so we have high hopes that this is our rainbow! :cloud9:

I really hope all you ladies are close behind in your :bfp: as well!! I'll be stalking!

Awww that's brilliant news about the digi :) so, so pleased for you and will keep everything crossed you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Just back from the hospital - not ovulating which of course I knew (now know my results, was 19 on my 21 day blood test) but also found out today that OH swimmers are mainly swimming the wrong way :cry: Dr suggested he take vit c and zinc and he's also going to speak to his Dr about some of the meds he's on that could be causing the problem...then he's going to have the test done again in a few months. Think I may look into softcups as I don't know if that would help us a bit? I'm starting Clomid next cycle and also going to have scans and x rays and another blood test done to see if it's made a difference....and hopefully they won't find any other problems in the meantime!

Feeling rather emotional but pleased we've got a POA and also got a nice weekend planned seeing our wedding venue so that helps! Hope you have a lovely weekend too :) xxx

Lovn - congratulations!!! H&H 9 months

weeyin09 = hello! I'm on cycle #14 too - AF started today :(

Scarlett - aw sorry about the SA results. Hope you have some luck with the Clomid! I thought a progesterone level of 19 meant that you did ovulate, but just that the progesterone level's not high enough to sustain pregnancy (or something like that)? I see that you're in the UK too, so assuming these are the same units I had - when I tested I had a level of 13 nmol/L and it said ovulating but luteal phase may be insufficient...

Lovn - congratulations!!! H&H 9 months

weeyin09 = hello! I'm on cycle #14 too - AF started today :(

Scarlett - aw sorry about the SA results. Hope you have some luck with the Clomid! I thought a progesterone level of 19 meant that you did ovulate, but just that the progesterone level's not high enough to sustain pregnancy (or something like that)? I see that you're in the UK too, so assuming these are the same units I had - when I tested I had a level of 13 nmol/L and it said ovulating but luteal phase may be insufficient...

Awww Goldfish sorry to hear AF arrived :( big :hugs: for you

Tbh I got so confused by what the consultant said as he kept saying that my level was too high as he was under the impression that my blood test was done way too early. But then I went back through my dates and double checked and it was defo done on day 21 of a 28 day cycle and am sure then he said it was too low (and it was my OH who remembered he said it needed to be 20 something) having said that he did say about it being too low to sustain pregnancy so maybe he meant that?! There was so much to take in I should have made notes :dohh: As I've been temping this month I asked him to have a look at my chart to see if the acupuncture had made a difference and he said I should stop temping as it was another thing to stress about and wasn't always accurate for every woman!

I'm going all out these next 2 cycles and going to get some pre seed and soft cups I think. Also got some vits for OH...but I'm still a week away from AF so lots more waiting for me...am wishing my life away!!! Are you planning on doing anything different this cycle? xx

Scarlett - Maybe you're right, don't think doctors care too much for temping! My GP didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I told him about temping and knowing when I ovulated! The day i saw him i was CD16 and hadnt ovulated yet, and he tried to get me to do the progesterone blood test at CD21 even though i told him I hadn't O yet so what's the point! Then when I saw my fertility dr, I told him I was worried about my level only being 13, and he didn't even want to discuss it!!

I'm prob just going to drink grapefruit juice, take EPO and use conceive plus this cycle. Nothing different from previous cycle! I know what you mean about wishing my life away! Feels like I just live in 1-month blocks as it's all I think about. I look at other people and wish I could feel carefree again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->