Anyone else around a year of trying?

Scarlett - Maybe you're right, don't think doctors care too much for temping! My GP didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I told him about temping and knowing when I ovulated! The day i saw him i was CD16 and hadnt ovulated yet, and he tried to get me to do the progesterone blood test at CD21 even though i told him I hadn't O yet so what's the point! Then when I saw my fertility dr, I told him I was worried about my level only being 13, and he didn't even want to discuss it!!

I'm prob just going to drink grapefruit juice, take EPO and use conceive plus this cycle. Nothing different from previous cycle! I know what you mean about wishing my life away! Feels like I just live in 1-month blocks as it's all I think about. I look at other people and wish I could feel carefree again...

God that is really frustrating about your dr and consultant, especially the 21 dpo blood test :dohh: As my fancy basal thermometer has finally arrived I think I'm going to use it next cycle anyway to get my money's worth! I was doing some research last night on things that could help our situation and was amazed by the number of women who had got their bfp through vits/herbs/softcups etc and taking things into their own hands when their consultants had told them it would be almost impossible to conceive naturally!

And totally with you on the carefree feeling, am already driving my OH mad with all of this! I've just spoken to him about maybe moving the wedding depending on how the next two cycles go and if I get bad news after my scans as I just feel like everything is getting too much and all the things that we should be feeling excited about are actually just too stressful right now.

How are you getting on with your weight? Have you managed to find a new love for all things naughty like chocolate?! :winkwink: xx

Oh I'm sorry that things are getting too much for you. I know how stressful wedding planning can be though, so I hope you get some good news soon so you can start thinking about it again. Good luck with temping!

Haha well I've started snacking on peanut butter for the past week! And I bought cheese, avocado, pastries and extra milk to drink this week!

Awwww thank you :hugs: we had a chat about things and although he doesn't want to move the wedding back, we've thought about maybe moving it forward. But we're going to wait until I've had my scan/xray and we've had the results before we decide. If it turns out I've got more problems that need sorting then maybe we'll take a break from ttc, get them and his swimmers sorted whilst planning the wedding and start again next year...

I am sooooo jealous and wish I could swap diets with you! I LOVE all those things you've just mentioned and was really naughty myself last night and accidently ended up with the jar of peanut butter :winkwink: so probably undid all my hard work at the gym! Have you got any targets with your weight or just going to see how it goes? xx

LOL, you wouldn't believe how many people have said to me that they wish they could eat like me and not worry about gaining weight! I have the opposite problem where I find it really hard to put it on!! My target is 3kg, so about 6.5 pounds. That probably doesn't sound like much, but I'm really small so it's going to be quite a bit of effort. I spent a year eating a lot of pasta and cheese when I was younger and only put on 1kg! I'd love to just eat lots of crisps to put the weight on, but I want to put on more 'healthy' weight :)

Good idea, maybe moving the wedding forward will help take your mind off TTC for a bit? Sorry if you've said it earlier, but when is your x-ray/scan again?

LOL, you wouldn't believe how many people have said to me that they wish they could eat like me and not worry about gaining weight! I have the opposite problem where I find it really hard to put it on!! My target is 3kg, so about 6.5 pounds. That probably doesn't sound like much, but I'm really small so it's going to be quite a bit of effort. I spent a year eating a lot of pasta and cheese when I was younger and only put on 1kg! I'd love to just eat lots of crisps to put the weight on, but I want to put on more 'healthy' weight :)

Good idea, maybe moving the wedding forward will help take your mind off TTC for a bit? Sorry if you've said it earlier, but when is your x-ray/scan again?

Yeah half a stone is a lot when you're small - how do you feel about it? Healthy weight is defo the way to go, hope you're enjoying all the avocados!

Sadly I look at something naughty and I put on a pound! Going to give up drinking after this weekend for the 2 months I'm on Clomid so hope that will also help with my weight. I'm now at the top end of my healthy BMI but would really like to lose a stone if poss.

I'm waiting for AF to show before I can book scan and x ray - the app on my phone says Sat...but going on symptoms this cycle I'm thinking it will be Sun or maybe even Mon. This week is going sooooo S L O W L Y!!!! xx

Oh I really want to put on weight as I've struggled with being underweight all my life! People kept telling me I'd put on weight once I hit my 20s, then once I hit my 30s... Well I'm in my mid 30s now and still too thin, sigh!

Hope the week passes faster for you and that AF doesn't show ;)

Hi ladies :wave:
Me and DH are in our 20's and have been tryiing for over a year now. DR wont do anything until we have been trying for 18 months.
We had a MC in september 2010 (after conceiving first month of trying) and decided to get married etc before TTC again and here we are over a year down the line and no BfP :(.
I purchased a CBFM second hand and forgot to reset it so this month is a fail :dohh:
After AF I am ready to go armed with CBFM, Conceive plus and pregnacare :haha: Feeling really positive.
Sending you all lots of baby dust :dust:

Oh I really want to put on weight as I've struggled with being underweight all my life! People kept telling me I'd put on weight once I hit my 20s, then once I hit my 30s... Well I'm in my mid 30s now and still too thin, sigh!

Hope the week passes faster for you and that AF doesn't show ;)

Yeah I guess that's true for most people - as I've got older, it's been harder to keep the weight off :S giving up drinking for 2 months after this weekend (gotta have a drink watching the rugby!!) so hoping that will also make a massive difference! I love cider, which is sooooo naughty! Yeah start having a sneaky cider and that will defo help you with the weight!

Well we're at Thursday WOO HOO, but my temps dipped today so think AF will show. My (.)(.) are still really sore, although I normally they feel that way until about a day or so before. But it's not the end of the world if AF shows, cos then I'll be like BRING ON THE CLOMID :happydance:

Got anything nice planned this weekend? xx

Me and DH are in our 20's and have been tryiing for over a year now. DR wont do anything until we have been trying for 18 months.
We had a MC in september 2010 (after conceiving first month of trying) and decided to get married etc before TTC again and here we are over a year down the line and no BfP :(.
I purchased a CBFM second hand and forgot to reset it so this month is a fail :dohh:
After AF I am ready to go armed with CBFM, Conceive plus and pregnacare :haha: Feeling really positive.

Hi Galaxy Girl and welcome along :flower:

So sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: totally get why you wanted to take a break after that :( . And oh no about your CBFM :dohh:

AF is due for me over the weekend and I'm not expecting a BFP but also feeling really positive about next cycle - clomid, preseed & softcups for me :happydance: I'm already on pregnacare tabs (just a warning if you've not used them before - they make your wee bright yellow!) and OH is now on vits too.

Where abouts in your cycle are you? xx

So sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: totally get why you wanted to take a break after that :( . And oh no about your CBFM :dohh:

AF is due for me over the weekend and I'm not expecting a BFP but also feeling really positive about next cycle - clomid, preseed & softcups for me :happydance: I'm already on pregnacare tabs (just a warning if you've not used them before - they make your wee bright yellow!) and OH is now on vits too.

AF is due today! Thinking she may even be a day late just to trick me :haha:
Oh thank you for the warning about pregnacare, Ive only been taking folic acid so thought id go up in the world. This TTC business is becoming expensive!
Heres to our BFPs next cycle :)

AF is due today! Thinking she may even be a day late just to trick me :haha:
Oh thank you for the warning about pregnacare, Ive only been taking folic acid so thought id go up in the world. This TTC business is becoming expensive!
Heres to our BFPs next cycle :)

God I HATE it when that happens :growlmad: although don't you think you're in with a chance this cycle? Yup I spent a small fortune on amazon ready for next cycle going to keep that one quiet from the OH :winkwink:

xx

Well I DTD every other night through my fertile period and before and after but im just feeling so unlucky. I think I will just know when I am pregnant and Im just not feeling it this time round BUT theres always next month and Im armed with all my new goodies and actually kinda looking forward to it :haha:
You may find me very disappointed next month if I dont get my BFP :haha:

Well I DTD every other night through my fertile period and before and after but im just feeling so unlucky. I think I will just know when I am pregnant and Im just not feeling it this time round BUT theres always next month and Im armed with all my new goodies and actually kinda looking forward to it :haha:

I'm with you - just can't wait to get on with next cycle! I've still got that "what if" in my head for this month, but I'm not that hopeful and won't be gutted as I'm sooooo ready to crack on with next month and like you will be so disappointed if I don't get my BFP then!

But fingers crossed for a surprise BFP for both of us in the next couple of days! xx

:dust:

I'm with you - just can't wait to get on with next cycle! I've still got that "what if" in my head for this month, but I'm not that hopeful and won't be gutted as I'm sooooo ready to crack on with next month and like you will be so disappointed if I don't get my BFP then!

But fingers crossed for a surprise BFP for both of us in the next couple of days! xx

I think you always have that feeling until AF actually arrives and then you count down the days for her to go away so you can try again. Aww well I hope you get your BFP soon.
Sending you lots and lots of baby dust :dust: :)

Galaxy girl - hello!! Hope AF doesn't show for you!

Scarlett - are you planning on testing or just wait till AF is late? This weekend im actually meeting my friend's baby...so I've been shopping for a gift and the little baby clothes in the shops are making me soooo clucky! Wish I had one of my own so bad!!

Congrats on the BFP! I'm going on 2 years currently :( Never thought I'd be saying that, but it has come. I had a loss back in April at 4 weeks and another (confirmed pregnancy) in August at 7w4d. HOPING we have the luck of the Irish this month as I'll be O'ing close to saint Paddy's day ;) FX'd and baby dust to all of you! <3

Galaxy girl - hello!! Hope AF doesn't show for you!

Scarlett - are you planning on testing or just wait till AF is late? This weekend im actually meeting my friend's baby...so I've been shopping for a gift and the little baby clothes in the shops are making me soooo clucky! Wish I had one of my own so bad!!

I keep going around in circles with the testing...keep thinking through the day "I'll test tomorrow with fmu..." and then change my mind because I can't face seeing a BFN! I keep getting weird twinges and cramps - I normally get them between O and AF - but these always seem to be in exactly the same place. Also my boobs are sore esp around my nips, whereas it's normally all over. But then I think the acucpuncture and herbs could have changed things this cycle and not to read too much into it! The app on my phone says AF tomorrow, if FF is right then it will be Sun and going on my own symptoms it could be Monday :dohh: so think I may test on Sunday morning? (sorry for such a long answer!)

Awwww am sure that was hard doing the shopping :hugs: we may see friends this weekend whose baby was born back in Nov and they started ttc just a couple of months before us. So although I love seeing them and their son, it does make me feel sad too and totally know where you're coming from. Hope you still have a lovely weekend and I'm sure your BFP won't be too far away :hugs: :hugs: xx

Congrats on the BFP! I'm going on 2 years currently :( Never thought I'd be saying that, but it has come. I had a loss back in April at 4 weeks and another (confirmed pregnancy) in August at 7w4d. HOPING we have the luck of the Irish this month as I'll be O'ing close to saint Paddy's day ;) FX'd and baby dust to all of you! <3

I'm so so sorry to hear about your losses markswife :hugs: I can't begin to imagine what you've been through. And 2 years ttc, I so hope you get your BFP this cycle! After just one year it's driving me mad! Well I hope you and your OH have a very lovely weekend :winkwink: xx

I think you always have that feeling until AF actually arrives and then you count down the days for her to go away so you can try again. Aww well I hope you get your BFP soon.
Sending you lots and lots of baby dust :dust: :)

Awwww thank you soooo much! Driving myself mad at the moment - to test or not to test, that is the question LOL!! How are you doing? Really hope AF hasn't shown up for you!!! :flower: xx

AF hasnt arrived yet but ive just looked in my diary (yes I keep a diary :haha:) and I was 3 days late last month so im not getting my hopes up. Will test if im any later than that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->