Anyone else avoiding Christmas nights out?

leash27

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
It's my work Christmas night out next Saturday and I really just do not want to go. I am suffering with ridiculous bloating and cannot find anything in my wardrobe that I can wear, I won't be able to drink so I will be surrounded by drunk people, I would need to come up with a real good reason why I am not drinking and then lastly, it's an hours drive away from home :nope: I have already paid £50 to go so I don't want it to be a waste but I know I would end up spending twice that amount on a new dress to wear so bit of false economy I reckon.

Am I the only one who wants to hibernate in my pyjamas and watch Christmas films?

X

Same boat, here. I've had a bunch of friends trying to get together for a wine and board game night, or get together for drinks and dinner, and I'm so glad that DH and I have been so busy with working on our new house - otherwise coming up with reasons not to go would be really difficult.

Plus, a baby brings lots of new expenses, and I don't want to go out and have to pay for dinner 5 times between now an Christmas! That stuff adds up!

We are actually having our annual Christmas party this weekend. And bc I'm so early into this pregnancy we have told NO ONE. Soooo, Idk how I'm going to pull off this not drinking without being questioned. I drink at every party we throw. I am dreading it now instead of looking forward to it. Bleh.

I'm a huge fan of gin and tonics, so I've just made myself some and ordered them sans gin! Is there anything like that you could do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->