Anyone else broken the rules?!

P

peabean

I was hoping I'm not the only person on here who's eaten or drank something off the 'no go' pregnancy list!

Yesterday we went out for a meal and I had CHICKEN LIVER PATE for my starter!!! Worst thing was it wasn't forgetfulness, but blatant rebellion. I am praying that there wasn't enough Vit A in there to hurt my baby, and that the restaurant was clean and I won't catch listeria!!

I was really scared last night, thinking that I'd hurt my baby... I've calmed down a bit now but I know I'm not going to be eating Pate again during this pregnancy.

Anyone else scare themselves silly eating something they shouldn't?

Yeah me too with too much chocolate. I eat it lately like its going out of fashion. I know i shouldnt have as much as i do. Also fizzy pop.

I haven't had anything TOO bad as far as food but I DO blatantly ignore the whole 'sleep on your side' rule. I just can't do it. I have slept on my back every night my whole life. I have a hard time falling asleep as it is. I cannot fall asleep on my side. So I go to sleep on my back. I tried to sleep on my side but it just doesn't work. I wake up in agony from being on my side. Sleeping on my back? I wake up just fine with no back pains to speak of. I was told by a nurse that our bodies will tell us when we need to roll when we sleep at night and we will roll on our own without realizing. So I'm hoping she's right. :blush:

I'm actually over my tuna fetish now, but for a good few weeks I was eating a tin or a steak every day! Couldn't help it, I really really neeeeeded it!

The rules are only guidelines afterall :rofl:

I have had runny eggs a couple of times, prawns and salad in tenerife. I worry afterwards but i sooooo crave the banned things!!!!

Ive had runny (but cooked) eggs, nuts, prawns, ive drank far too much fizzy pop and eaten my weight in ice lollies but i cant help it, im always so thirsty

x

Soft cheeses all varietys are my fav I also have a glass of coke now and then and a glass of wine.
I dont take much notice of the rules as I believe that it wont harm as everything moderation is the key.

Goodness gracious me yes. I've had about 5 glasses of wine since I got pregnant (well, half glasses anyway), I've had smoked salmon, a bit of liver pate, lots of shrimp, always runny eggs (but usually poached), and a couple of pieces of salmon sashimi from a trusted place. Oh, and I always go in the hot tub (but only for a few minutes at a time). Oh ya, and sandwich meat. I don't always microwave it. And I can NOT eat a steak well done. Oops!

BAAAD me! Although in my research I have discovered that all of these things are not forbidden in many other western cultures, and some are even recommended. So I write some of this stuff off pretty quickly.

;)
A

runny eggs and chocolate are my downfall.

I have stopped taking the folic acid and omega three out of pure laziness!

But prawns? I love these! Am I not allowed anymore prawn cocktails with marie rose sauce made out of mayo? sod that!

And I have been eating the nuts! ooops!

Ok, is this where we truely admitt what weve done that we shouldnt have...
*prawns and other varieties of seafood i.e cockles
*Peanuts
*Whippy Icecream
*Fizzy pop-which I dint realise was bad til readin this thread-oops
*Runny fried eggs
*hot baths
*layin on my back
*And tooo much junk food in general

Gosh, how bad am I? Im sure theres prob more, but none I can think of...

Peanuts, peanuts and more peanuts! Fizzy pop galore! seem to have went off chocolate though which is wierd for me lol seem to want crisps all the time!

comes you cant have hot baths.

i dont think ive done wrong maybe a bit to much chocie and i like my coffee but try to keep to decaff accept when im visting people . ive had a few eggs i thought maybe a bit runny. i would love to have peanut butter on toast that would be the best.

now i want some:hissy:

my partner is allergic to nuts so im not aloud !

as far as i'm concerned its scare monger tactics. if problems are going to happen they are going to happen no matter what you eat and drink.

i spent the 1st 6weeks not knowing i was pregnant - this fell over xmas, new year and mine and OH birthdays. all of which were very boozy dos. i have drunk since i found out but no where near as much. i have eaten hot dogs, tuna, prawn sandwiches and prawns on pizza paste, ice-cream, milkshakes, peanut, fizzy pop and coffee - pretty much what i want and baby is fine.

Just so you know, for most people they are actually starting to recommend that you eat nuts as the rise in allergies seems linked to telling women not to eat them.

Goodness gracious me yes. I've had about 5 glasses of wine since I got pregnant (well, half glasses anyway), I've had smoked salmon, a bit of liver pate, lots of shrimp, always runny eggs (but usually poached), and a couple of pieces of salmon sashimi from a trusted place. Oh, and I always go in the hot tub (but only for a few minutes at a time). Oh ya, and sandwich meat. I don't always microwave it. And I can NOT eat a steak well done. Oops!

BAAAD me! Although in my research I have discovered that all of these things are not forbidden in many other western cultures, and some are even recommended. So I write some of this stuff off pretty quickly.

;)
A

LOL

This thread made me laugh so much! ;)
Bless you all for your honesty and PMA!
Coming from the precious first tri, it's light relief!!!

I didn't know fizzy pop or choc was bad for you... not that I've had much at all. But I love that you are all taking control of your lives.

:D

Smoked salmon, cured meat (mostly heated thru' but not always), unpasteurised cheeses (its difficult not to here), pate, nuts, the occassional half glass of wine, diet coke......

I also didn't drink much coffee before but seem to want it more & more thru' my pregnancy - its worse now whilst the summer is here and I crave iced coffee...

Oh god all the time :blush: I've had smoked salmon, runny eggs and meat that was a bit pink. Oh and the odd glass of wine. I'm not worried think what our parents ate and we're (hopefully) ok. As long as you don't go mad a little now and then won't harm you. x

Erm why are people saying chocolate?? I eat loads of this.... it can't hurt the baby surely! Just make me fat!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->