Anyone else broken the rules?!

caffeine in chocolate if you eat enough or eat very dark choc

Erm why are people saying chocolate?? I eat loads of this.... it can't hurt the baby surely! Just make me fat!!!!

I think it has summink to do with the caffeine..
what I cant understand is they say dont have hot baths.

I dont like it boiling but whats a 'hot bath' .. I dont get in a cold or luke-warm, bath EVER! lol

Surely you'd have to eat a whole BUTTload of chocolate to have any adverse effects from the caffeine?

To be honest I initially cut down on tea and coffee but since read that up to 3 filter coffees and about 5 cups of tea are ok, and I don't drink it that much anyway, so I've relaxed a bit on that!! (https://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/27000494/) I'll probably stop drinking so much when I'm breastfeeding, don't want to give the baby MORE excuses not to sleep!

Well, my Dr. gave me a very short list of what to avoid, and then pretty much proceeded to tell me not to worry too much about what was on there either, just not go crazy, so yes to Coke, coffee and probably the biggest food thing was tuna. I craved it really bad for a few weeks near the beginning. I know I went over what was "recommended" as safe a few times.

whats wrong with peanuts? is peanut butter bad too then? if so i am very guilty.

Ended up craving for a deli sandwich today but I got them to heat it up (hopefully that was ok).

Like others, I've had the odd glass of pop and chocolate too.

*blush* I can't stay away from Subway (I'm pretty sure they have those everywhere, but just in case, it's a sub shop)!! I know we're not supposed to eat deli meat, but I...JUST...CAN'T...HELP...MYSELF!!!

*blush* I can't stay away from Subway (I'm pretty sure they have those everywhere, but just in case, it's a sub shop)!! I know we're not supposed to eat deli meat, but I...JUST...CAN'T...HELP...MYSELF!!!

yep im guilty of alot of subway too!:blush:

Runny eggs - I have been going mad for them. Apparently if they're stamped then they're innoculated against listeria, which is the problem, so you don't need to feel bad!

Sleeping on my back - can't get enough of it...

Smoked salmon.

Alcohol - have had the equivalent of a small glass a fortnight, I suppose.

Baths that I suspect are slightly too hot - but after an hour they feel fine!

Junk and rubbish food that I know isn't good for me but I think won't do LO any harm.

I had a steak the other day that was pink... I just automatically ordered it medium and didn't think about it and then when it arrived I was confused about whether I should eat it or not cos I hadn't actually considered it before, so I just ate it anyway...... hmmmmmmm!

I have eaten loads of runny eggs, cans of coke at least once a week, far too much tea and coffee, Brie because i can't eat a bacon sandwich without it, pink steaks because they taste so good, hot baths and there is probably loads more i can't remember but i don't really think it matters to much.

I break the rules every day i'm bad -

*Runny eggs
*Satey sauce chinese dishes (nut based)
*Hot Showers
*Mr whippy Ice cream (which i didn't know i wasn't suppose to eat until yesterday)
*Lots of caffeine
*I sleep on my back
*I don't take any vitamins
*Don't eat any fruit, Veg or Salad (except Oranges and strawberries)

comes you cant have hot baths.
Its all to do with effects on the blood flowing through the placenta or on the baby. If the water is too hot, you could also feel faint or sick, as it could lower your blood pressure a bit too much - not a good thing.

https://www.ukpregnancy.com/faqs.html#c :
Research has shown that if your body temperature is raised to over 38.9ºC and kept there for a period of time, either in a hot tub, a hot bath, a sauna or a steam room then it can be potentially dangerous for a developing embryo particularly in the early stages. However it can take up to 10 minutes for the body to reach this temperature after being submerged in water and for most people this would feel uncomfortable and you would need to get out so if you have already being using a hot tub before finding out you are pregnant there is probably little cause for concern. Also, being pregnant you are at higher risk from dehydration and dizziness and therefore it may be wise to avoid saunas and stream rooms for the duration of your pregnancy.

I fear i have been worse than i thought lol..hot baths, a good bath for me is when i look like a bright red prune when i come out! Mr whippy is the only ice cream i love! I am only comfy of my back now sleeping as i used to sleep on my tummy but cant!

I am the same with baths lol... I cant have them luke warm.. i NEED them hot!! I drink nothing but fizzy juice...Apart from that I havent really eaten anything i "shouldnt" cos I dont really like anythin else thats on the list lol

What's the problem with Mr Whippy ice creams?

So far I've only had smoked salmon and steak a bit too pink. I've not had any alcohol, and completely reduced my coffee intake.

Having read this though, I now fancy a nice peanut butter sandwich... might have to have one when I get home! :)

Oh i was also taking a substance called Melanotan when i was in the early stages of pregnancy because i didn't know i was pregnant. That can't have been good!

There's a high risk of listeria with Mr Whippy type icecream so it's off-limits I'm afraid. Cos its soft ice cream :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->