Anyone else DETERMINED to get a BFP this cycle? Let's buddy up! - 4 BFPs (YAY!!!)

Welcome punkinlove!!! :hugs: about your recent loss, hun. I'm sure you'll get your :bfp: soon.

Never did get my head around opks, so I can't give you a definite answer.....but I'm sure one of the other lovely ladies on this thread could definitely help :hugs:

Hi ladies!

Mum2miller & punkinluv & mjspyt---Welcome! Hope you all get a :bfp: soon

Isi--I'm doing good today. How are you? Preparing for IVF must be super exciting!

Sweet--gonna miss you around here! :hugs: Can't wait till you can get back on board and get your :bfp:!

Thanks Southern :hugs:! The wait is actually doing my head in :wacko:. I wish I could just start already :haha:. Have you used opks before, ? Maybe you could answer Punkinlove's questions?

literally just signed up on babyandbump this morning... and my husband and i are really hoping that this cycle is going to be the one.
we lost our first baby in may of this year at 6 weeks 3 days. we started trying one month after everything happened, as soon as my doctor said we could. no luck so far, but we're hopeful.:thumbup:

also.. can anyone help me to understand my opk results?
i started using them on thursday, the second line was faint, almost non existant, the next day the line was a little darker, and the next was pretty dark, but not as dark as the control line. then yesterday the line went back to being almost non existant.. idk.. :shrug:this is the first time i've ever used one, and i really don't know what to make of it. i'm a lil green in this area.

That's exactly what happens to me when I use them! I never got a positive one.
I started using a CBFM this month, they say that they are more acurate. You might want to try that.

Hi everyone,

I'm good today thanks Isi, although my DH was upsetting me a bit earlier (see my post in TTC if you like!) Not sure how I'm feeling at the moment. Zero symptoms so far this month although I don't really know how far along I am. My ticker is a bit of a guess as I was 4 days late last month. Still not sure what I make of that but I don't think I really want to think about the possibility that I may have had another chemical. I'm not going to go there, just keep up the PMA for this month!

You must be so super excited about IVF! I'm sure it's going to work for you and you'll have the BFP you want.

Great news about the blueberry Madly - I'd be online 5 times a day, just to check it was still there if I was in your position!

Good luck Sweet_Aida, it'll be great to see you back here again afterwards.

Welcome pumpkinluv, Mum2miller and Mjspyt, I love this thread as everyone is so lovely and it's a great place to juice up your PMA. I hope you like it as much as I do!

As far as the OPKs go, some people, like Southern says, never get a positive on theirs - I never get a negative and it can take some time to get to grips with what is a positive for you... I found that the clearblue ones, with the smilies were idiot-proof enough for me to cope with but they are a bit more expensive. So, directly to answer your question, the dark line could easily have been your positive if it was close to the colour of the control line but it is also possible to have an LH surge a few days before the proper surge that triggers ovulation so it could have been that. Either way I'd go and enjoy yourself if I was you!

x

Hi punk,
with opk the test line has to be as dark if not darker than the control line to be positive. If it is lighter it is not a positive result. try looking at peeonastick.com they have pictures i found it helpful. goodluck :dust:

Punk,

RE the opks I use to get a `surge in` about 5 days before my positive so each time I did an opk the second line got darker each time until I got my very clear positive when the second line is as dark or darker than the control line (it is unmistakable!) Then after my positive I would get a `surge out` for about 3-4 days afterwards until the second line disappeared totally. I never use to get a second line at other points in the month but I do know b/c ladies carry LH naturally in there bodies some ladies always get a second line!

If you got an almost positive but then the next test was barely there you may well have missed your surge in the middle...this happened to me a few months ago. I use to test once a day at about 11.00am! I got my almost positive this one day and then when I tested the prescending day my surge had really faded I worked out that had I done another test at say tea-time the previous day I would have had my very clear positive so from then onwards I tested twice a day 11.00-11.30am and about 5.30-6.00pm after that I never missed my surge! Also dont wait until you get a very clear positive, once you know you are almost there get :sex: so that :spermy: is there ready once eggy is released!

Hope this helps also check out peeonastick.com

literally just signed up on babyandbump this morning... and my husband and i are really hoping that this cycle is going to be the one.
we lost our first baby in may of this year at 6 weeks 3 days. we started trying one month after everything happened, as soon as my doctor said we could. no luck so far, but we're hopeful.:thumbup:

also.. can anyone help me to understand my opk results?
i started using them on thursday, the second line was faint, almost non existant, the next day the line was a little darker, and the next was pretty dark, but not as dark as the control line. then yesterday the line went back to being almost non existant.. idk.. :shrug:this is the first time i've ever used one, and i really don't know what to make of it. i'm a lil green in this area.

That's exactly what happens to me when I use them! I never got a positive one.
I started using a CBFM this month, they say that they are more acurate. You might want to try that.

I could never determine when those things were positive and when they were not so I used the digital OPK's that showed a happy face when they were positive. Good Luck I hope that helps some.

I'm about to leave to go to my pre-op appt. Thanks for all the well wishes. Be back on in a few days.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and say hi and see how everyone is. I hope you're all doing well.

I think I'm officially in the 1WW so we shall have to see what my body has chosen to do this month. Hopefully, hopefully. We never know!

:dust: and :hugs: to everyone.

x

Sending you loads of :dust:, Laura!! The 1ww is harder than the 2ww, but we're sending loads of PMA your way!! We need another :bfp: around here :dance:

i'm soooo hoping that this cycle will be it!!! :thumbup:

i lost my first baby in may, and have been trying desperately ever since.:(:cry:

baby dust!!!

Hi Groovy. We're good....just continuing this TTC (or LTTC in my case :haha:) journey. How have you been? I see you have 2 more days to go before testing. Have you POAS yet? Good luck hun.

Sending loads of good vibes to all those in the 2ww waiting or waiting to o. I am mega ready to update the number of :bfp:s we have already!!

:hug:

Hello Ladies! Surgery went good. Doc said he was able to open my tubes up and got rid of a lot of endo tissue that could've been interfering with TTC. He said we need to get busy TTC this will hopefully be all I need to get preggo! But if we don't get pregnant in the next 2-3 months he would think about starting some fertility drugs because of my age. But he said my ovaries and tubes look great now. Finger's crossed the surgery will be a success!
Good Luck Laura and Groovy I hope you gals get your BFP this cycle!
Isi I am so excited to hopefully get our BFP in October! That would be great!
Madly how are you doing? Feeling good? When do you get your first scan?

That is soooo awesome, Sweet_Alida :hugs:. Wow, so you better get :sex: then!!! Looking forward to being bump buddies!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->