Anyone else doing SMEP this month?

DragonflyWing

Reaction score
Hello! I'm trying SMEP this month...anyone want to buddy up? I'm on CD 11 today, and DH and I are BD every other day. No positive OPK yet.

Some background: I have 8.5 month old twins, so this will be #3 for us, and we're hoping for 3 under 2!

(Being silly) what does SMEP stand for ? Xxx

I was just going to ask the same thing lol

It stands for Sperm Meets Egg Plan :)

https://spermmeetseggplan.com/

Basically, you DTD every other day from CD8, then on CD10 you start testing with OPK. When you get a positive, you BD the next three days in a row, skip a day, and then try one more time. It's supposed to give you the best chance for the sperm to meet the egg. :)

I think I try. This every month hehe! Xxx

Sweet! Finally someone else is doing it. I am doing it this month although I am a bit behind you. I am only on CD 3.

I have two daughters six years apart. My DH wants a son really bad so we are trying baby three who would be six years younger than youngerst now :wacko:

Although it is not guaranteed that we will have a boy we are both about trying and a new baby.

Hi Navyvet! :) So your new baby will be 12 years younger than your oldest? That's the age gap between me and my sister, and we're the best of friends now.

I felt just a little behind on SMEP yesterday...it was a BD day, but DH had a splitting headache and was just feeling awful, so I didn't push the issue. We'll BD today instead.

Hi Navyvet! :) So your new baby will be 12 years younger than your oldest? That's the age gap between me and my sister, and we're the best of friends now.

I felt just a little behind on SMEP yesterday...it was a BD day, but DH had a splitting headache and was just feeling awful, so I didn't push the issue. We'll BD today instead.

Yes that's right 12year age gap! It's comforting to know that with the age gap they can still be close.

I think you should be fine even though you missed a day. XX and happy BDing!

Hello! Yes I will be doing it again this month, I on on cycle 2 TTC #2 and we conceived DD using SMEP. I am currently CD10 and I usually O around 20 but I O'd early at 17 last cycle so hoping for the same again! I still expect to waste lots of IC OPKs in the meantime :haha:

What are the best OPKs to use? I found some on sale for $3.58 at WM they were marked down because the box was crushed. I was thinking I should just go head and CB digital.

Hi pinkpolkadot! :wave:

I use IC opks. The digital ones are too expensive for me hehe. I've actually never gotten a positive opk...but I've only used them one other cycle, and that month I got pregnant! I thought it was extra weird, because I had fraternal twins, so I must have released 2 eggs, and yet my opks were never positive.

Hi pinkpolkadot! :wave:

I use IC opks. The digital ones are too expensive for me hehe. I've actually never gotten a positive opk...but I've only used them one other cycle, and that month I got pregnant! I thought it was extra weird, because I had fraternal twins, so I must have released 2 eggs, and yet my opks were never positive.

Oh dear, I heard they don't always work! I use the ICs too as I am a POAS addict, they seem to work well for me I get 1 or 2 (in a row) + each cycle I have used them.

What time do you take your OPK?

I take them in the afternoon, I've read that's the best time to detect the LH surge.

I'm also a POAS addict! Last month was torture because I kept getting evaps...I must have taken 20 tests! I honestly think I might have had a chemical, because some of the lines were very visible, and I've never heard of anyone getting 15+ evaps.

We are doing this currently in cd 15 usually o between cd 18-20 however I just had a MMC aug 22 at 10w6d baby was measuring 7w3d. I miscarried naturally and were just not preventing it from happening. Have 2 other children.

Sorry for your loss kendy :hugs:

I take them in the afternoon, I've read that's the best time to detect the LH surge.

I'm also a POAS addict! Last month was torture because I kept getting evaps...I must have taken 20 tests! I honestly think I might have had a chemical, because some of the lines were very visible, and I've never heard of anyone getting 15+ evaps.

Yes I take them at 4pm I heard afternoon is best.

Oh sorry that is so annoying, maybe it was a chemical, 15 odd evaps is crazy :(

We're going to give it a go this cycle. CD 8 now.

Thank you ladies. I'm currently on cd16 no o yet. Looking forward to the future

I was thinking of getting the digital opk since I work from 730 to 4 everyday. Oh I plan to test while I'm work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->