Anyone else doing Verify blood test?

K

KayKe

Hi girls,

I just discovered, that now it is possible to check for abnormalities and find out sex of the baby WAY before 20 weeks. And it is supposed to give 99.5% accuracy.

It is a blood test (has several names), which is done at 10 weeks.

I think I might be doing it... It will cancel the need for amniocentesis (sp?)
later one (to check for chromosomal abnormalities, if you are in a high risk group).

I didn' t know it even exists. So, thought I'd share, just in case someone else is interested.

Here you have to pay for it though.

I had the harmony test done after my 12 week scan blogs shown a abnormal and I waited 2 weeks for the result and was all clear... I had a 1 in 126 chance of ds but went on to have a baby with trisomy 16 which they don't test for in this test :( I was unaware until 23 weeks when I kissed my baby and had her plectecta checked and that's how they found out. I wish they would test for everything now... this time I'm. Waiting on my bloods when I have my 12 week scan and take it from there xxx

I had that done! It was awesome! I got my results back within a week, which really eased my mind, and we found out that we were having a little boy! For people who tend to have a lot of anxiety, it really helps with easing it. The only thing I was not aware of was that they need to take like 7 tubes of blood. It didn't bother me, I just didn't realize it beforehand. :)

I'm having this done in a few weeks. Since I'm at an advanced maternal age (old) my insurance is paying for it. Thanks for the heads up on them taking lots of blood, hellojello25. Good to be prepared. We are staying team yellow so I won't get to benefit from finding out gender early though.

For those that have done it did your insurance cover it? I'd like to do it but I don't want to spend a fortune.

Here, I would have to pay for it myself, 450euro...
I think it's covered only if you have higher risk: like 35 years plus old, problems before, etc...

I'm still thinking if it's worth it or better wait till 12 weeks ultrasound...

Hi :)
I just had my first prenatal appointment last week and was told about this test! It's called Harmoney where I am.
I am super excited to find out gender early!
Just hope my insurance covers it! :)

I've just had the harmony test done (they only took 2 vials of blood for this one) as my 12 week scan results came back increased risk for Down's. It's not covered by the NHS in the uk so I'm paying for it, although it is subsidised because I got a high risk result. Results in 7-10 days and we can find out gender.

Laura so sorry to hear about your previous baby having trisomy 16 is that quite a rare one? That must have been so heart breaking x

My doctor does a different test, it's just "First Trimester Screening." I was a bit bummed realizing they didn't include the gender test after taking 13 vials of blood... Yep 13 vials... I'm happy we had it done though - everything came back clear and it was a relief. My insurance covered the blood and urine tests and the 12 week NT scan.

I did serenity which was £345 through This is My Clinic. Got the results in 8 days which included Christmas Day and Boxing Day. It was great for peace of mind - we have stayed team yellow but they keep the results on file so we could find out whenever we want which is tempting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->