Anyone else due May 8th and want a buddy?

Thanks Rachel and Gina - mint gum, crackers, ginger biscuits.. will be trying them all... will let you know the verdict!

Gina, I was really worried about telling my mother in law, she has been kind of negative about me and DH planning for a baby - doesnt think her son is 'ready' - he is 29!! and we have been married for 2 1/2 years!! Actually as it turned out she couldnt stop smiling when we told her.

Who has upset you? x

Had a little bit of a bleed on Sat so went to hospital and had a scan! All looks ok, saw the lickle heart beating, only measured 6wk 5days so feels like I have gone back in time!

How are you?

I've been at hospital today due to bleeding - had to have blood tests etc done but there was no one there to scan today so I have to wait til tomorrow. I am so worried :( I am trying to keep in mind the positive things that the nurse said - like the fact that it has been brown blood is a good sign - it's so hard though :'(

Oh no Rachel, I bet everything will be okay. Bleeds are normal , it's the harsh cramping that we need to lookout for.

I'm glad all is well ruby, that is quite a scare.

I'm okay, but me and the couch has become one. I have harsh nausea and my food aversion is suicide worthy. To be honest I'm just miserable. I want my baby but if he/she could've came in the mail I would be just as happy maybe more. I used to want three or more but I realize they just won't be coming out of me

Ah Rach, I feel your pain. I was beside myself last Sat after bleeding, had to wait until Sunday for a scan it was like the longest night ever. My bleed was brown too.

Hope you are ok, let us know how you get on.

Gina, I know what you mean, I am really grateful to be pregnant but it is not as much fun as I thought!

I'm in limbo - had the scan done last Fri but all they could see was the sac - the woman said she would put me at 5 and a half weeks rather than 7. Have had three hcg tests so far and the levels are going up but very slowly. Basically they are supposed to double every 48 hours but on Thursday they were at 8,600 then Saturday they were 10,300 and today 11,500. SO not even nearly doubling. I have to have another blood test on Wed and I think they are planning to do another scan on Fri but the nurse has told me that I am most likely going to miscarry and I should prpare myself for that :cry:

oh Rachel I am sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed for you. Here if you need to talk.

Hugs.

Hello ladies- can I join in? Im due 7th May....first scan is on the 5th of this month :)

PS sorry to come in right after Rachel - I'm so sorry to hear that... I cant imagine hw difficult that must be - all my love goes out to you xxx

Of course islander, when are you due? Are you feeling any symptoms yet?

Im due on the 7th of May, my scan is 25th of october... lots of sickness and nausea and huge, sore boobs lol also craving sweets :)

Im due on the 7th of May, my scan is 25th of october... lots of sickness and nausea and huge, sore boobs lol also craving sweets :)

I'd rather be craving then having aversion. I actually lost ten pounds this first month. Tooortuuree

i know - its horrible - a few weeks ago i was so sick i couldnt even keep down water - i got over it thankfully as they were starting to tlk about hospitals :S but now ive just got normal morning sickness :) some things make me feel awful but some r ok :) funnily enough doing the dishes makes me feel sick lol

Does anyone know what kinda birth they may want to have? I'm contemplating a home water birth

go you :) i live in the middle of no where and im high risk so id like to do it on the islands local hospital but looks like ill be flown to aberdeen and induced...

Not sure really, midwife asked me the other day if I had thought about the birth... it just seems so far away!! Think I will just go with the flow and head to the nearest hospital.

A friend of mine had an at home water birth and she seemed happy with it - my house is kinda small so think will head into hospital!

I'm doing it in my moms living room apartment. Every woman I tell my birth plan they try to scare the shit out of me

my MIL had 3 kids at home, no doctor, no midwife, just her and her husband and all 3 were fine....one was choking on mucus and she instinctivley sucked it out (gross) but all was well :) best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->