Anyone else due towards end of March?

At the moment I'm just worried about this baby being breech too! I really really don't want to have a c-section so would probably try for another vaginal delivery if bubs was in a good position but it would mean having to go to the hospital rather than home birth/birth centre.
I used gas and air last time but didn't really find that it helped, apart from when having the local for episiotomy.

anyone else having bh quite a bit ? its quite uncomfortable and makes my sides ache - are they supposed to be throughout the day ?

I've only had one Braxton hick I think. So not much help!

anyone else having bh quite a bit ? its quite uncomfortable and makes my sides ache - are they supposed to be throughout the day ?

I have them around the clock but I have never had them make my sides ache.

Everyone is different though. If they get too annoying I just change positions or lay in the tub to relax them.

no idea if I've ever had a braxton hick :wacko: I probably do and just dont realize it. :haha:

I get BH's when I bend over. If I get laundry out of the dryer or put dishes in or out of the dishwasher. If I "jog" with the dog through the house playing.They also come on at random moments when I'm sitting. I only have a few a day.

I get them when I'm stressed a lot (like last Saturday when went with husband to ER after his "accident" with the pull-up bar) and I also get them periodically when out walking, but usually when I'm walking for a while and/or walking briskly. Occasionally I also get them when just sitting around the house, but not for that long, maybe 10-20 seconds max. They don't really hurt though, just slightly uncomfortable and I usually have to change positions or stop walking if I'm outside and wait for them to pass... otherwise it feels like I have to pee or something!

I get braxton hicks everyday, usually in the evening when I'm going to bed. With my first pregnancy I had them often as well. It's a tightening feeling that can be kind of uncomfortable but not painful.

Has anybody else experienced any dizzy spells? I almost fainted at work yesterday-cleaning the operating theatre and just had to sit down very quickly as the room started spinning and felt sick for a couple of hours afterwards.
My iron levels are fine and my BP was normal on Friday at my last check, when I rang to MW to check they weren't too concerned.

Yeah I have my 1st was when i went to a gig (ordered tickets well before I found out I was preg) it was awful everything seemed to slow down hearing went eye sight went then I nearly went down I was alright after ten minutes, the second was when I was walking around asda same happened asked midwife and she said it was nothing to be concerned about even though I was scared she said it was normal in pregnancy

Yeah I started getting them at 26 weeks i have them now had them most of the day in pain rang midwife and she said as I have no regular pains or any other signs of labour I will be fine and use a hot/warm water bottle on the area its sore

Pregnancy is such a scary/testing thing if your going through it for the first time.

I still can't believe how quickly time has gone for me. In 2 weeks time, I'll be down too single digits for my remaining weeks!!!

It's scarey 2nd time too ! I hate not being in control of whats going to happen ! I'm looking into hipnobirthing to turn my negative scared thoughts into positive ones and to try and do this drug free if the situation allows

I think I was blissfully unaware how stressful it was first time to be honest. I didn't join any forums though, so just went around life as normal and being pretty happy person. This time, it might be the fact I also had a miscarriage in between I am more aware of the dangers. Plus I'm consultant lead due to BMI, which I wasn't last time despite also having a high BMI then (how much has changed in 7 years) so it makes things more scary.

I think I'm currently unaware of my pregnancy, I know she happy and kicking around, as I have issue with my sons school so focus most of my attention/anger which ever you choose to call it towards that. Also we're still waiting to move. I have a feeling the baby will be here before we get to, but what can you do. I love stress its brilliant!

Hi ladies! I only just found they had moved this thread, was wondering what had happened to it!

Pinklizzy - I nearly fainted out shopping around a week ago. I think its because I had climbed two flights of stairs in a department store and by the time I got to the top I went so light headed I had to sit down. Is scary but I think normal as our bodied are working hard anyway without us exerting ourselves even more.

As for BH, not sure I'm having them as I don't know how they feel. I do get pains in the sides of my bump if I go out walking though which could be BH I guess!

Zoey in UK your community midwife won't be the one who delivers your baby which is a shame as it means you can't really build any kind of relationship with them. It just depends who is on duty at hospital when you arrive. Its a shame as it would be nice to have a friendly face when you for end up in labour.

TMI but anybody else getting shooting pains 'down there' ? Sometimes I get real sudden stabs of pain that really make me gasp. I'm hoping its normal and just baby wiggling around and hitting a nerve or something!

Tbh I am glad she won't be there! She's terrible!

As for the shooting pains, I've had that a couple of times and I'm pretty sure it's however baby has positioned themselves!!

I've had the shooting pains quite a lot stops me in my
Tracks!!

Shooting pains here too. I think the baby has turned head down for me because that's when I noticed them. Plus I felt hiccups down there for the first time. :)

Mrs Doddy, I'm with you. Pregnancy the second time around is scary too. I almost feel more worried this time! I was more at peace with my first. Go figure...

The shooting pains are referred to as 'lightning crotch' if you do a search on bnb you will find tons of us get it.

It's the growing, stretching, tugging from the uterus to the cervix as well as the baby potentially hitting a nerve down below.

They are very shocking pains and annoying but they pass. Mine seem to come in waves. I will get them on and off for a day then they stop for a week or so.

This pregnancy is flying by... they told me I can come in every 2 weeks now.. and I'm like NO :haha: so I go back in 3 weeks.. I wanna keep it that way atleast until march :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->