Anyone else due towards end of March?

Midwife is bludy useless!!!

Babies sounds fine and since checkup, has been much more active, he is definitely in my ribs because I can feel it.

However she wrote on my notes under FM (Fetal Movement), "Active".
He wasn't moving when I was there and she knew it because she told me to come back if still nothing after 24 hours so what she wrote was a complete lie.

I'm just glad my baby boy is okay. Thanks for all the reassurance ladies.

Sorry to hear that your friends little one hasn't made it, can't imagine what she is going through :(

Glad to hear your baby has been more active today, theres been a few times my little one worried me by going quiet in there! Right now she is wiggling about like mad and im unsure the way she is lying but i had a large rounded lump above my belly button (could this be her head? or big bum sticking up? im unsure lol)

Hi ladies...im due to 18th March :)

Would love to get to know you all...

Not long now....so excited!!!! x

Glad the baby has been moving for you Zoey! I can't believe your midwife wrote that down. That has to be frustrating. It sounds like she doesn't take her job seriously.

It definitely seems that way. She isn't interested in discussing anything with me.

On the checklist in my notes, she hasn't discussed or ticked & signed anything since 12 weeks. I'm now 28 weeks..... There is so much she is suppose to have discussed by now and she hasn't. I'm starting to get scared that I'm going to have so many unanswered questions.

As for lump in belly, could be a head or a bum I guess! I can definitely tell when my boy is in my ribs, it's such an uncomfortable feeling!

thats really strange, my OB (same one as last time) I just saw her last week and shes asked me things that I wouldnt expect to be asked until I was farther along lol and discussing if Ive had any pre-labor signs.
I know its a little late (and I know its different with different places) but have you thought of switching midwifes? I dont think Id feel comfortable with someone who seems so disconnected from me and my pregnancy to be the one delivering my baby. Just my opinion though, I know it can be stressful thinking of changing OB/midwifes this far along.

Zoey- I am with Mii on this one. I am very shocked that a midwife is so flaky about your care or atleast she sounds like it. Midwives where I live are not the standard care they are optional and more holistic here in Oregon.... so they tend to be very hands on caring motherly types. I had one for my first 2 children and she was absolutely amazing. I would of had her again if she hadnt been retired now and the fact that I have a super high risk pregnancy.

Do I understand right that youre a FTM? I would think she would be much more involved and making sure you're comfortable with the care you're receiving and that you're empowered with the knowledge that you need of your own care and afterbirth care. I would switch for sure.

I really hope that you find what you need either with a sitdown talk with this lady to let her know that you dont feel like you're getting what you need from her or that you get it from another provider.

Well that's what's worse, from the impression I am getting from her, she doesn't deliver the baby either :/

I could be wrong, but that's definitely the impression she gives. After all, she is in the doctors surgery every single wednesday, without fail, can't tell me no babies of hers have ever been born on a Wednesday lol.

There is also no other midwives at my doctors, I am not sure where I would need to go if I wanted to change but I will look into it I think cos she makes me feel like I'm just the next person in the queue as it were.

Midwives in England have to spend one day in the hospital. But generally community midwives deal with the pre labour care, and the post care before being handed over to the health visitor. Then you have a whole other set which are mainly on the wards. This is different in private hospitals I believe, but I'm not 100% sure.

As for changing midwives, the only way you can do that is if you change doctors surgery. They also usually work in a catchment area, so mine does a 15 minute radius from my house as I live in a big city and have 3 midwives which see me when I visit. In the last area, the other side of the city I just had the one, until she retired, then got a new one. However, it doesn't stop you writing a complaint. My surgery gives you a forum to fill out, so if you do that, she might be asked to give better care and a disciplinary.

I have my next midwife appointment next week, I always feel like I leave the midwive still knowing nothing about babies! Thankfully at my last appointment I wrote down some questions and my midwife was great and answered them all, she even gave me more pre-natal vitamins. But still feel unprepared for motherhood.

Each time ive had an appointment I get a different midwife, but each have been really nice ladies and very friendly

Also have an anaesthetic appointment next week to see if im able to have an epidural or not

Waiting, I am so sorry to hear about your friend :( how heartbreaking for her!!

Zoey, it amazes me how different midwives in the uk are from here in the US... I guess here in the US they're more into natural stuff but you can get them in a hospital setting (which is how I choose) here its like they give you a nurses helpline number as well as a midwife pager number.

My next midwife appt is on the 7th, its also for my gd test... I'm pretty sure I'll pass it though :)

My midwife has been the same one as last time I can't say I warm to her - also don't like the fact that just because I've already got a daughter she has said nothing about anything - she checks wee bp and baby then I'm out - I'm seeing her again Monday I don't expect anything else from her - I will have different mw's for the hospital of which I'm actually grateful for as they are nicer

31 weeks nearly and getting a bit of acid reflux, upset stomach and feeling a bit sick - not too bad tho, being back at work is giving me alsorts of pains can't wait to leave - 4 weeks left

Bump so I can write once I have more free time

Sorry been really busy decorating!
My house is going through a major transformation.

I'm starting to stress now about birth etc..

Someone on facebook shared a very upsetting story about the death of a baby due to severe brain damage caused through forcep delivery and it left me frightened half to death :(
Are we allowed to say no to forceps and insist on a C-Section? Or don't you get a say?

Zoey - I saw that story on FB as well. So incredibly sad. It scared me as well. There will be no forceps going anywhere near me now.

Zoey, in the article the mayo clinic said that if foreceps are offered, a section is usually offered as well. The whole thing just makes me think it was the doctor practicing unsafely. If you have a good doctor or midwife, I really wouldn't worry too much. I believe a woman should have the right to choose a section if that is what makes her comfortable.

I hate the idea of forceps - an instrument used to pull out your baby, its poor head. No thank you

has anyone not got a name for their baby yet ? I am adamant that we need to have a name by the time its born, we had a shortlist and h doesn't even like them any more :-( boys names are soooo hard. We had a girls name picked from day 1 !!

has anyone not got a name for their baby yet ? I am adamant that we need to have a name by the time its born, we had a shortlist and h doesn't even like them any more :-( boys names are soooo hard. We had a girls name picked from day 1 !!

We haven't got a gorls name yet but if it's a boy were naming him Austin :)

We can't agree on any names at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->