Anyone else due towards end of March?

has anyone not got a name for their baby yet ? I am adamant that we need to have a name by the time its born, we had a shortlist and h doesn't even like them any more :-( boys names are soooo hard. We had a girls name picked from day 1 !!

we do! julia :)

i have my 3 hour glucose test tomorrow! because i am considered obese, my ob dr. decided to bypass the 1 hour test and go straight to the 3 hour test. makes me feel horrible about myself :(
anyone ever hear of that protocol?

With DS they tried a ventouse instead and it gave him a headache. The staff gave him paracetamol without my consent as I asleep after his birth and I sleep like a rock! The ventouse failed and I ended up with an emergency c-section. I don't think they asked if I wanted it done.

I think there are risks in everything, and people die in c-sections, but that is unlikely. Many people have forceps used daily and there babies are fine. This is just a bad article to scare pregnant people of what can go wrong. The most likely situation is that the doctors weren't trained properly and didn't know how much force to use.

As for names I wanted Hana at 6 weeks, and Kimi a few weeks ago. Now I'm not sure if I like it any more -.- I give up naming babies its to hard!

I spent the weekend at a friends house. They keep their house super warm. We keep our house a cool 65-69 and their house was 75 probably. Well I noticed this morning that I was more swollen than normal - I couldnt even put my rings back on. My feet and legs were swollen too. This is the first time it has affected something other than my fingers. Now that I've been home an hour the swelling is almost completely gone! So weird.

Autumn - I'm not familiar with this, hopefully one of the other ladies on this thread can help.

What's a ventouse? I'm a FTM and still don't know 80% of these things!

I'm glad that a section might be offered and I know there probably is a lot of successful stories but so far all I keep hearing is bad experiences!! It's so scary!

God baby names are so hard this time round for us. With our DS we had Brodie picked out before we even knew i was pregnant so when we found out it was a boy we were sorted. This time round we have been told it looks like another boy( wouldn't stay still during scan) but we are finding it so hard to agree on boys names this time round. Hoping when the time comes we can both agree on a name and both love it. xx

We're having a girl according to our scans, so it was pretty easy for us to make a quick decision because we wanted her to have the names of our grandmothers... it was something we'd actually thought of before although had not 100% decided upon.

If the scans are wrong and we end up with a boy we're screwed. Before we had the gender scan neither one of us could think of names we liked for boys! Isn't that horrible....!

We have both girls names as they are being named after family members just like our first 2 :)

I had a girl name picked out too but after my 12 week scan I just knew I was having a boy. Me and other half can only agree on 1 name so not really a choice lol!

11 weeks to go as of tomorrow (for me)! I am going to start washing his clothes tomorrow!!

has anyone not got a name for their baby yet ? I am adamant that we need to have a name by the time its born, we had a shortlist and h doesn't even like them any more :-( boys names are soooo hard. We had a girls name picked from day 1 !!

yeah we had James Micheal Jacques picked for a boy and for a girl Mary June Suzanne :) found out for definate on friday we are having a girl this is my second have a son of 13 and my OH first :)

Had my 28 week scan on thursday and baby at right size for gestation the sonographer says defo a GIRL her measurements were: HC: 261MM, AC:238MM, FL:50MM estimated weight was 1124G placenta site is anterior fundal and baby is lying transverse :) had appointment with my consultant and he measured my fundal height and said I was measuring at 30cm instead of 28 cm but wrote in my notes god growth check again at next midwife appt and then at 32 week growth scan :) so im a bit confused

Ventouse is like a plunger that goes on the babies head to help being pulled out.

I think the best advise I can give a FTM is go in open minded. Don't go in saying I want an all natural birth and that's it. Some people then get reluctant to then have help if they then need it but others cope really well with nothing and when they want something its to late and they are ready to push. Don't worry that the perfect birthing plan you've planed for weeks isn't going according to plan. If either life is in danger they will go for an emergency c-section. You can of course refuse, but I highly wouldn't recommend that. Go with guidance of the experts, which will be the doctors and midwives looking after you.

However, that being said if you can cope with the pain, I would suggest against an epidural. I was watching a program and they said your more like to need assistants with delivery if you have one. The reason being you don't get the natural urge to push, so rely on others to tell you when. However, if you can't cope with it, then go for an epidural as I have the lowest pain threshold in the world so won't judge others for what they do.

Has anybody else experienced any dizzy spells? I almost fainted at work yesterday-cleaning the operating theatre and just had to sit down very quickly as the room started spinning and felt sick for a couple of hours afterwards.
My iron levels are fine and my BP was normal on Friday at my last check, when I rang to MW to check they weren't too concerned.

Has anybody else experienced any dizzy spells? I almost fainted at work yesterday-cleaning the operating theatre and just had to sit down very quickly as the room started spinning and felt sick for a couple of hours afterwards.
My iron levels are fine and my BP was normal on Friday at my last check, when I rang to MW to check they weren't too concerned.

Happens to me all the time... for me its because of the increased amount of blood that I have created to support the babies.. Our systems are overworked.

Thanks Brandy! My work colleagues all paniced a bit and followed me around most of the rest of the day to check I was alright! Obviously I wouldn't do anything to put baby at risk but I really don't want to have to drop my hours before going on maternity leave.

Forever - I'm a first time mum so I'm not much help but sounds like the scan was positive and went well which is a good sign!

Mummy - yeah I haven't actually done a birth plan yet but I will do soon just to give myself an idea of what I want even though chances are it won't go to plan! I'm open minded about pain relief, I'll do whatever feels right for me and my baby, I don't care what other people think so no worries in that department, thank you for explaining what a ventouse is :)

Took me forever to find this thread, I wasn't aware they had moved it :haha:

Anyways! My appt is today... I'm so nervous that I'll drink the drink too early and be rushing or too late :wacko: they send you home with the glucouse drink here and you're supposed to drink it whenever you feel you can get your blood drawn an hour later. However its a 40 min drive to the hospital and they want me to go for my midwife appt before getting my blood taken... :dohh: hopefully I can figure it out! :thumbup:

I don't have a birth plan either, at least not yet. I was hoping to go in totally open-minded and just ask that they don't force me into anything (particularly drugs) without consulting myself and husband first. I am not sure about the epidural, as I'm waiting to see how much pain I can tolerate. I know it's totally different kinds of pain, but I'm a long distance runner and have also had two bike accidents, one of which I fractured my right hand. I actually didn't know it was fractured and didn't go to the hospital until I woke up the day after the accident and saw my hand was huge, swollen, and purple-ish. I think one of the worst pains I've ever experienced is when they tried to manually set the bone... but that was just a second or two. The worst pain I've ever had when running isn't really pain so much as fatigue, aching and severe cramps (probably dehydration) at the end of a 3-4 hour run or 6 hour race... so I'll just have to wait and see what I can and cannot handle!

they wont do anything without speaking with you first, I have a birth plan but know that it doesn't always go the way you hope, I wanted a water birth but was high risk and was under consultant and monitoring , I was so disappointed, this time I know anything can happen - the main thing is the pain relief - everything effects both you and the baby, I really want to have nothing again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->