Anyone else due towards end of March?

This pregnancy is flying by... they told me I can come in every 2 weeks now.. and I'm like NO :haha: so I go back in 3 weeks.. I wanna keep it that way atleast until march :baby:

I get a scan and get to see the babies everytime I go so I love going every 2 weeks lol. After the next appt I go every week :happydance:

Wow, thanks for the reassurance ladies! I'm glad the shooting pains are normal, have looked up lightening crotch and sounds like that's it. It does alarm my DH though when I suddenly double up in pain. I'm sure he thinks I'm about to go into labour anytime now!

Brandy I wish I had scans every two weeks. As I have no complications (which is a good thing obviously!) I had my last scan at 20 weeks and next time I see bub will be when I am holding her in my arms which seems an age away.

Are you guys starting any Antenatal classes yet? Or will you be going to any at all?

I have booked DH and I into a three session class, more for him than me. I feel like he needs to learn what he can do to help me through labour and if I don't arrange something he won't! Useless men!

Wow, thanks for the reassurance ladies! I'm glad the shooting pains are normal, have looked up lightening crotch and sounds like that's it. It does alarm my DH though when I suddenly double up in pain. I'm sure he thinks I'm about to go into labour anytime now!

Brandy I wish I had scans every two weeks. As I have no complications (which is a good thing obviously!) I had my last scan at 20 weeks and next time I see bub will be when I am holding her in my arms which seems an age away.

Are you guys starting any Antenatal classes yet? Or will you be going to any at all?

I have booked DH and I into a three session class, more for him than me. I feel like he needs to learn what he can do to help me through labour and if I don't arrange something he won't! Useless men!

Yes I am very lucky to get scanned so often. Just because we are having twins that puts me at a high risk but then I had to have a cerclage so they have to check my cervix length all the time. Luckily though no issues with the cerclage so I have started using the u/s as just a chance to see the little girls which is amazing.

We arent signing up for any classes but that is because our delivery will be completely up in the air and wont know till they are about to come out if it will be csection or vb.. there is no way of planning ours. Also we have 2 grown children in college... We managed to raise them so I figure a whole lot hasnt changed other than the fancy gadgets they have nowadays lol.

I'm not doing antenatal classes again but might do hypnobirthing

I'm not doing antenatal classes again but might do hypnobirthing

My SIL did hypnobirthing and said it really helped her have a positive birth experience. She recommends it really highly. I am going to borrow her CD to see if I think it will help with our birth.

I'm not ready for this LO to be here! I'm glad I still have 11 weeks to prepare but it seems like the last 7 months or so have flown right by! I think I'm at the point where I'm still comfortable enough most days and yet big enough and close enough to start worrying about the big day and actually having a baby to care for. And not being prepared for it! That is my biggest concern. We are severely lacking in clothes, diapers, so on. And we don't have a single bottle as I plan to bf. This makes me very nervous - I will probably be buying some bottles soon just to be safe. So glad my baby shower is next weekend - I need a distraction and seeing friends and family for a whole day will definitely help me with the boredom I've been having.

I'm not ready for this LO to be here! I'm glad I still have 11 weeks to prepare but it seems like the last 7 months or so have flown right by! I think I'm at the point where I'm still comfortable enough most days and yet big enough and close enough to start worrying about the big day and actually having a baby to care for. And not being prepared for it! That is my biggest concern. We are severely lacking in clothes, diapers, so on. And we don't have a single bottle as I plan to bf. This makes me very nervous - I will probably be buying some bottles soon just to be safe. So glad my baby shower is next weekend - I need a distraction and seeing friends and family for a whole day will definitely help me with the boredom I've been having.

Oh my! I am a planner and a 1/2 just reading your post puts me into a panic for you!

I am sure that everyone at the shower will get you up to speed with the goodies that you will need and you wont have to stress much after it :)

I like to plan too however our finances are super tight right now and I don't even know how we will afford the remaining items we need! We have very helpful family thankfully. If we didn't have them I'd go :wacko: for sure! OH's grand parents said they're going to wait until after the shower and get us whatever we need! I keep reminding myself that 11 weeks is enough time to calm down and be ready. . .

Just had to add a small rant. OH has been playing a game on xbox with 2 of his friends since before Christmas. It's an interesting enough game with a lot of different things to do and so on. Up until the last week or so I've been able to handle it. But because his work is so slow he's been laid off and he's played it everyday for hours on end. Seriously, I don't know the last time I watched a show on tv - which I don't do normally. I don't know the last time we talked about something other than that dumb game or baby or our new puppy.

I just want him to go to work for a few days! I just want out of this house for a few hours - him and me, no dog, and no video game talk. I just want a date night!

When we had an xbox, it was me you would find sat on it for hours on end every day, haha. I didn't have a job and spent every waking hour playing it online!

Be honest with him and say "Oi, you, up, dressed, out" lol! They seem to understand smaller words!

As for bein prepared I don't think you can ever feel fully prepared.
I am extremely nervous as I have ok idea how I want to feed yet and know I will probably get flamed for not saying I'm all for breast feeding. Due to complications we don't live alone, we have a large house and we didn't want too leave it because it really is a big house and perfect for us, but too afford it we have to have lodgers, which makes breast feeding a little difficult. The lodgers don't interfere with us, and most of the time you don't know they are there but just couldn't whack my boob out and do what I have to do as it were.
I am going to try expressing I think but for that I need an electric pump and I haven't got one yet. £90 for a Tomme Tippee one!!

Things I'm still yet too get:
Maternity pads
Breast pads
Maternity briefs
Breast pump
Steriliser
Couple more cot sheets as I only have 2
Muslins as I only have pack of 3
Teddy bear for baby

Think that's it!

As for birth, haven't even thought about it, guess I should frlt.

Just had to add a small rant. OH has been playing a game on xbox with 2 of his friends since before Christmas. It's an interesting enough game with a lot of different things to do and so on. Up until the last week or so I've been able to handle it. But because his work is so slow he's been laid off and he's played it everyday for hours on end. Seriously, I don't know the last time I watched a show on tv - which I don't do normally. I don't know the last time we talked about something other than that dumb game or baby or our new puppy.

I just want him to go to work for a few days! I just want out of this house for a few hours - him and me, no dog, and no video game talk. I just want a date night!

That sounds unfair ? Could he do some agency work ? Think you need to have a talk with him hon x

AuntieSarah would he consider limiting how much he plays it so at least you know its only for x time per day? Then the rest of the time you can do other things.

That sounds unfair ? Could he do some agency work ? Think you need to have a talk with him hon x

I've talked to him and he said he only plays it because there is nothing else to do. He has signed up for benefits through unemployment but who knows how long that will take to go through. He's currently looking for short term work to hold him over because the job he has now is supposed to be full time in March or April.

AuntieSarah would he consider limiting how much he plays it so at least you know its only for x time per day? Then the rest of the time you can do other things.

I tried to limit him - it didn't work because he doesn't really have any other "bad" habits.

I've talked to him and he said he only plays it because there is nothing else to do.

I see. So the house cleans itself, dinner makes itself, and preparations for the baby are magic?

Sorry, but if my husband pulled that with me he'd get a strong kick in the arse.

I've talked to him and he said he only plays it because there is nothing else to do.

I see. So the house cleans itself, dinner makes itself, and preparations for the baby are magic?

Sorry, but if my husband pulled that with me he'd get a strong kick in the arse.

Agree! I read that post to my DH and he was floored that someone could waste so much time playing a video game. I just wanted a guys perspective on it because my first thought was to unhook it and hide it until he found a job.

Thanks ladies! I've actually got everything clean as it can get around here. OH could do some dishes though . . . .

But his mom just stopped by and she is having a mid life crisis I think. She will be selling her house to her youngest son - this has been in works for 6 months. She was planning to move in with her BF who lives 15 mins from us but she is finding that his true colors are a bit controlling so that probably won't be happening. So she wants to sell the house March 1st and come stay with us for a month or so. . . :growlmad: HELL NO!!!!!

I do NOT like this idea one bit.OH said yes, I agreed. It's his mom and if mine was still here she'd be just as welcome. How can I turn down a mom when I'm about to become one? I know she will be helpful with housekeeping and prepping for baby in terms of making meals to freeze and so on. But I could barely stand having my own sister and her daughter in our home for 10 days back during 2nd tri.

March is going to suck! I just hope she finds a full time job and a house QUICK!!!!!

Auntie- OMG you poor thing. I would run away screaming. I have never allowed a house guest for more than a visit even with 2 guest bedrooms all set up! Seems to never end well.

I hope everything works out for you I couldnt deal with that while pregnant and or with a newborn.

Auntie- OMG you poor thing. I would run away screaming. I have never allowed a house guest for more than a visit even with 2 guest bedrooms all set up! Seems to never end well.

I hope everything works out for you I couldnt deal with that while pregnant and or with a newborn.

I'm honestly not sure I'll be able to handle it. She is a nice enough lady but giggles and has a strange sense of humor. She's enough to handle on day visits. May have to tell her she has to be out as soon as baby is home. I'd prefer she not stay more than a week.

I find the later I am in pregnancy the longer the days are seeming :nope: I mean I find its flying by when I look back.. but day to day.. oh my :dohh:
My DD keeps stressing me out... she's nearly 1 and a half, and is just SO busy and into everything, if she is silent for even 30 seconds I know shes up to no good. Scared me nearly to death at lunch, I set her in her highchair, I go into the kitchen (I can see her highchair from where I was at) from the time it took me to put a plate in the microwave and glance at her again she is standing on her highchair TRAY and trying to go onto the table... gaahhh!! I really need to find one of those harness straps to keep her in, I mean it comes with straps but she is able to get out of those. :wacko:

Anyways! a couple days til I am 29 weeks..

AC I totally agree about the days feeling long! Time seems all distorted at the mo. I can't believe I am now third tri, its come round so fast but each day (especially the days at work!) seem to last an eternity. I think its because every day seems to get more uncomfortable physically!

Auntie I feel for you! The thought of my MIL (or anybody for that matter!) coming to stay with me right now is quite horrendous! And with a newborn - no way! Does she have anybody else family wise she could go to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->