Anyone else due towards end of March?

My upstairs neighbor had a leak under her tub, so the repair guys came last Thursday and ripped out the whole bathtub (jackhammering it out at 7:30AM!!!!). I've been showering at another neighbor's and at the pool for over a week now, I just about want to crawl under a rock and die... I am so pissed off at the maintenance/repair guys for the apartment complex, they are so lazy!!!!

TCK that sucks! I would be calling the maintenance company every day until I annoyed them so much they came out and sorted it!!

Snufflepop: I can't stand heat. I hate anything hot, including the summer weather! So I do have lukewarm baths. But because I hate cold water to, my baths are only 10 minutes max as it gets to cold :/ I love showers though, but don't have one :'(

TCK: that sucks! Then again in my old place it took my landlord 3 weeks to fix the hot water and all that needed replacing was a switch I could of done myself, but I wasn't able to do so as the contract stated I couldn't! I ended up washing me and my son in the sink and going to my gran's for a shower. Phone as much as you can and pressure them into coming quicker.

AFM I'm so uncomfortable right now when I sit. I feel she's in my rib cage all the time on my right side :( Also she still hasn't got a name. Plus I got OH going through a quarter life crises so its a fun time. The only think positive is we might be getting somewhere with DS new school as the education psychologist came over and said it will be a month before we know if he got into the special school we want him to go to.

Mummy - I feel the same when I sit. And he wiggles so much when I sit as it obviously squashes him cos I slouch! Such an uncomfortable feeling.

TCK - I agree with the others, you should pester non stop if you want something done sooner!

:wacko: Sometimes i feel I'm the only pregnant lady who gets really cold. I'm always freezing.. the only time I feel hot is if I'm doing hard house work or if its summer. Aside from that I freeze.

My house is freezing at the moment too and don't know why!

:wacko: Sometimes i feel I'm the only pregnant lady who gets really cold. I'm always freezing.. the only time I feel hot is if I'm doing hard house work or if its summer. Aside from that I freeze.

Nope I totally freeze all the time... I have throw blankets for myself all over the house :( I am like that even when I am not pregnant. I told my DH when I got pregnant I was excited that I get 9 months of being warm! HAH Nope that didn't work out so well.

:growlmad: grrrr... hospital bills make me so mad!! Especially when I'm convinced that they over charged us, I got a bill in the mail friday, and then opened it saturday and freaked :baby: Like I mean I know hospital bills are pricey but this was pretty ridiculous seeing as it was only for bloodwork done and they're asking for $900... errmm I don't think it has EVER costed that much for getting it done.
My DH was livid over seeing it and tore it up and told me to cancel all appts and never to go back... so of course I've been stressing insanely all day over that. But I went back and looked over all the bills from my 1st pregnancy and not one has ever come to that amount well aside from child birth costs.
I told him to call them and say exactly what that money is for.. I mean 90 sure that seems reasonable..but 900???

Gah! I want to sleep and not wake up until after my baby is born.

:growlmad: grrrr... hospital bills make me so mad!! Especially when I'm convinced that they over charged us, I got a bill in the mail friday, and then opened it saturday and freaked :baby: Like I mean I know hospital bills are pricey but this was pretty ridiculous seeing as it was only for bloodwork done and they're asking for $900... errmm I don't think it has EVER costed that much for getting it done.
My DH was livid over seeing it and tore it up and told me to cancel all appts and never to go back... so of course I've been stressing insanely all day over that. But I went back and looked over all the bills from my 1st pregnancy and not one has ever come to that amount well aside from child birth costs.
I told him to call them and say exactly what that money is for.. I mean 90 sure that seems reasonable..but 900???

Gah! I want to sleep and not wake up until after my baby is born.

I hate bills period! I'm horrified to get my final bill from my docs office, they only bill at the end of the pregnancy. My insurance is supposed to cover 80% but who knows how much 20% of all this is gonna cost! It's unnerving! Hopefully there was a billing mistake for you. $900 seems excessive.

AC1987, holy cow! I remember I got my bill from my prenatal panel blood draw and it was $300, I just stared at it and wondered what had happened, I have double insurance, so I shouldn't have to pay that much. I called the number listed and found out somebody had typed in the primary insurance's policy number incorrectly, so both insurances had denied payment :dohh: (coordinating double insurance is a headache). Got the correct info and it was paid for! Definitely call on it, it could be a mistake.

AC1987, holy cow! I remember I got my bill from my prenatal panel blood draw and it was $300, I just stared at it and wondered what had happened, I have double insurance, so I shouldn't have to pay that much. I called the number listed and found out somebody had typed in the primary insurance's policy number incorrectly, so both insurances had denied payment :dohh: (coordinating double insurance is a headache). Got the correct info and it was paid for! Definitely call on it, it could be a mistake.

Same thing happened to me! I have double coverage too and each of my MFM appts are about 2700.00 and I go every 2 weeks. I got a little over a 5500.00 bill for the first month I went. I fixed that straight away with them!

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!

This thread is going increasingly quiet haha

You are welcome to rant, be happy, be sad, do whatever in here, give me something to read to see me through till March!! Can't believe I am down to single digits as of tomorrow (weeks wise). nearly just 9 weeks to go!! Wooooooooooooo

I still have so much to buy for myself :( Hospital SUITCASE (bag too small!) is packed for baby but for me, all I have is 1 pack of maternity pads and 1 pack of maternity pants, I need to invest in lots more yet but money isn't allowing due to car insurances all coming out at once, and being £100-120 each!!

Well we are self pay, because I don't have maternity insurance, I was gonna be covered partically because of the obamacare but then that is delayed another year so now we still hafta pay.

So I'm used to us having to pay insane maternity bills.. but nothing remotely close to this.. :dohh: So I'm hoping my DH will call them up today. Cause I really don't want to stress over not getting any prental care the last 2 months of pregnancy.

Zoey, where do you live? US or UK? I know in the US you hardly need to pack anything as they have something for the baby to wear, you're only required to bring a going home outfit and a blanket for the carride if its cold

I'm 30 weeks today! :happydance:

AC - I'm in the UK, we have to take virtually everything lol! It's a nightmare! And so expensive!

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!

This thread is going increasingly quiet haha

You are welcome to rant, be happy, be sad, do whatever in here, give me something to read to see me through till March!! Can't believe I am down to single digits as of tomorrow (weeks wise). nearly just 9 weeks to go!! Wooooooooooooo

I still have so much to buy for myself :( Hospital SUITCASE (bag too small!) is packed for baby but for me, all I have is 1 pack of maternity pads and 1 pack of maternity pants, I need to invest in lots more yet but money isn't allowing due to car insurances all coming out at once, and being £100-120 each!!

Its so exciting to be in single digits isnt it. Not long for us now!!!

I still have a few things to get for myself for hospital but have majority of babys stuff as i kept all my DS newborn clothes as he wasnt in them very long and still looked brand new so plan on reusing them rather than spend money on something this baby might not spend long in either. Only thing i need to find out is if hospital provide milk as i have heard mixed about uk hospitals recently.

2 weeks today will be my last day at work and it isnt coming quick enough i am just so sore and uncomfy feel like an old lady as trying to get out of bed is a task and everytime i get up my hips make a cracking noise. Once i stop work we plan to start on the nursery so this should keep me busy and needs a good scrub from top to bottom then painted.

xzoeyx how are you feeling?

Also ladies what have use got in mind for nursery?
xx

Don't get me started on doctor bills! When we had our first baby the delivery (for a straightforward vaginal birth) was $11,000! I nearly died. Not to mention we had already paid $3,000 to a midwife, because we were planning a home birth but ended up in the hospital. This time we found a midwife who can take some insurance but out of pocket it is still $1,300. Blah!

How are all you ladies feeling? My dh and I just finished moving so I am quite exhausted and still have lots to unpack. I'm 31 weeks now and I passed my gd test, and in 4 wks will be tested for group b. My midwife has me on a regimen of garlic, probiotics, and xtra vitamin C. We are all so close to the end! Getting excited and a little nervous. I am hoping for a successful home birth this time not having to go to the hospital.

:)

I had my baby shower this past weekend. It was planned for 20+ people but thanks to family drama only 6 showed up :nope: I am pretty upset with my family (aunts and cousins) for the way they behaved and they didn't even call or anything to let us know they weren't coming. They just didn't show up after saying they'd be here. So we overcooked and bought too many gifts and favors. The part that really makes me mad is that it was over an issue that resolved itself before the shower and they still didn't have the decency to show up or call me! :growlmad:

So the shower was small but I had a good time. DF and I are now panicking on how we will afford the remaining things - EVERYTHING basically. Thankfully we have 2 huge packs of 1's diapers. No NB though. We have a lot of onesies, no pants though! Only have a few sleepers. Thankfully we have the crib and bassinet. We are going to buy the mattress and sheets soon for the crib. We have 0 bottles and the more I learn about bf'ing the more anxious I get. I know it is totally different for every one but I want to be prepared either way it goes down.

DF's mom said she will buy us the stroller/car seat combo and high chair we want. I'm not going to wait for it - she may or may not actually do it! :wacko:

DF's mom is moving in here with us in March. I'm one very unhappy momma to be! She says she'll get a full time job and has a house lined up but nothing has gone the way she says it will for the time I've known her. Don't get me wrong she is a lovely woman, very considerate but I don't want anyone living with us during my last 4 weeks of pregnancy!!! And DF and I got into it because I said as soon as I go into labor, I want her packed and gone! I don't want to come home to her, her things, her dog and try to settle and start a life with our newborn like that.

I am putting my foot down hard on that one and will be discussing it with her next time I see her. I'm sure she will understand - hopefully.

AND DF hasn't worked in the last 2 weeks. I think my unemployment is done - won't know until tomorrow for sure. So we may be up shit creek without a paddle. . .

How's that for a rant? :winkwink:

We are very lucky in Canada with everything drs and hospitals being covered cost wise. We do have to take our own stuff for baby but I really didn't find that a big deal - diapers, cream, body wash, onesies and sleepers.

I'm not ready at all. No bags packed no nursery ready. I've bought a bunch of stuff but its all in bags in the babies room and I still have a fair amount to buy.

Some random embarrassing situation... I've not got good control over holding my pee ahhhhhhh. I had pneumonia and a terrible cough that has left me with this disaster. Ugh.

I'm originally from Canada so yea its a shock getting used to the medical bills here.

aww Zoey that sucks that you hafta take so much with you :wacko:

Baby shower drama sucks, happy I'm not getting one this time :haha:
I had one last time but even then we had to buy everything ourselves, well my Dh's parents bought us a carseat but its a converter one so I mean in the long run its good but it was a PAIN when she was a newborn and would be sleeping and we'd hafta wake her up everytime :growlmad:

Blue12 aww man that sucks about being sick... well and the peeing.

I'm still trying hard not to stress out over the whole billing thing, my DH tried calling the hospital and of course got an automated system which told him to just leave a message so he asked for a break down of what that 900 is going towards.
Sometimes I wish I could ask that for the cost of childbirth too like of my DD :baby: I just feel like we're gonna be paying medical bills forever more :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->