Anyone else due towards end of March?

Sometimes thrift shops sell gently used baby items. Most of my baby stuff I have is used :thumbup:

I wish my DH would take out the garbage for me! :haha: He always tells me that I need to do more housework that it'll make me feel better. BOO!! While on one hand I hate being treated like an invalid like how my parents treat me, I dont want to be treated like I can do much more now that I am pregnant.:dohh:
My house is a mess most the time, the livingroom is always a disaster from DD's toys, and I just don't have the energy at night to pick it up.
And then my kitchen will be clean about once a day, before there is dishes all over again :wacko:

AC - I totally feel your pain, although my partner goes on and on about how I shouldn't be doing things and that I am an idiot for keep doing things, he doesn't bludy do them so what choice do I have! And when he sees me doing them, very rarely will he offer to help! Men, honestly! :dohh:

Housework makes very few people "feel better." I mean, nesting urge aside, who likes cleaning the dishes and taking the garbage out, really? If you fall into that small percentage who enjoys these tasks over, say, sitting on the sofa and reading a book, going out for a run, shopping, or cooking/baking something new (Etc) then I salute you.

I on the other hand am slightly worried that I don't have much of a nesting urge at all... really excited to meet the little girl and all that, but I only clean 'cause I have to and when I have to. And I have realized for a while that I do/will have to clean much better before she arrives, but I just look at my kitchen cabinets and closets and sigh. Part of it is the very thought of exhaustion and part of it is the hating-cleaning-thing. I told my husband we need a housekeeper to come once a month and do a really thorough cleaning and I'm not kidding.

Housework makes very few people "feel better." I mean, nesting urge aside, who likes cleaning the dishes and taking the garbage out, really? If you fall into that small percentage who enjoys these tasks over, say, sitting on the sofa and reading a book, going out for a run, shopping, or cooking/baking something new (Etc) then I salute you.

I on the other hand am slightly worried that I don't have much of a nesting urge at all... really excited to meet the little girl and all that, but I only clean 'cause I have to and when I have to. And I have realized for a while that I do/will have to clean much better before she arrives, but I just look at my kitchen cabinets and closets and sigh. Part of it is the very thought of exhaustion and part of it is the hating-cleaning-thing. I told my husband we need a housekeeper to come once a month and do a really thorough cleaning and I'm not kidding.

I must be one of the weird ones :( It bothers me not to clean each room daily :( We have a housekeeper that comes every 2 weeks and does in depth stuff and I get so nervous about someone seeing my house when it's not 100% so I usually clean as alot more within the days before she gets here. It drives me insane! I wish I could just sit and relax but when I do all I can think of is all that needs to be done.

I would recommend a housekeeper though they are life savers!

If I'm in the mood I actually love cleaning! My main problem is that I spend a lot of my day at work cleaning (including theatre etc so washing walls from top to bottom) and after that I'm not really in the mood to start again on our house :haha:

A house keeper!? hahaha I can't afford one of those :haha: would be nice... though I think I'd rather have my own personal chef :thumbup:

Ok all through out this pregnancy I've been having visual disturbances where its hard to see because its like looking through heat waves... so I've mentioned it a couple times to the midwives that I see and like so far I've been told its normal. I mean they always check my blood pressure. However its getting to the point where its driving me batty!! I can't focus :wacko:

AC my eyes have gone funny too. From quite early on in my pregnancy actually. At one point I was so worried I booked an eye test to make sure there was nothing wrong with my vision.

I notice it most if I have to drive at night that my vision is definetly not as clear as it was. I told my midwife and she didn't seem too concerned about it. I just hope it goes back to normal after delivery!

I must be a weird one aswell because I love cleaning, and I clean all the rooms daily! I hoover every day, which is the lounge, bedroom, hallway and stairs. And then I sweep the open plan kitchen diner, and clean all the sides, and the cooker, do washing up and putting away, and then I find as many other small jobs as humanly possible haha.

A house keeper!? hahaha I can't afford one of those :haha: would be nice... though I think I'd rather have my own personal chef :thumbup:

Ok all through out this pregnancy I've been having visual disturbances where its hard to see because its like looking through heat waves... so I've mentioned it a couple times to the midwives that I see and like so far I've been told its normal. I mean they always check my blood pressure. However its getting to the point where its driving me batty!! I can't focus :wacko:

It is a sign of Pre E but if your BP diastolic pressure isnt rising above 90 they would probably assume that its not. Have you asked what your BP is or noticed the #'s when they take it? The next thing they could do is do a CBC (complete blood count) to check your liver enzymes and uric acid to rule out any issues there. If there arent any issues the only thing they can do is send you to an ophthalmologist but most likely its pregnancy related and should resolve after delivery.

Houseskeepers are only 11 euros per hour here (that's about $15) and if I have one come once per month at about 3-5 hours per visit, that works. Mind you we only have a 2 bedroom apartment, it's not like we have a house or anything. I do what cleaning I need to do - dishes, bedroom, tidying, etc. I am not dirty or even messy, I tend to pick up after myself as I go. But dear god do I hate cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming every little corner. Such a PITA. I would much rather spend my time swimming or doing yoga, going for a walk, reading anything or watching a movie, or even doing my dissertation research and writing... even my part-time job, which is in customer service/IT support is more interesting than cleaning. I'd even rather start taking German classes again!

Personal chef = my husband. :D (Yes, I am lucky in that respect...!!!!)

Hey ladies! Hope all of you are well. I'm sitting here in l&d hooked up to a non stress test. LO hasn't moved much today. They've got me drinking apple juice to make her move more. Not having a good day today!

Hey ladies! Hope all of you are well. I'm sitting here in l&d hooked up to a non stress test. LO hasn't moved much today. They've got me drinking apple juice to make her move more. Not having a good day today!

She is probably just trying to take a nap :) Hope the rest of the test goes well for you!

Brandy, they always look at my bp reading whenever I mention my eye sight being weird. I know it freaks me out sometimes because it could be a sign of pre e!!
I had blurry vision with my last pregnancy but not as bad as this time, however I am more stressed this time, so maybe that is why :wacko:

House work I find annoying is like vacuuming, or cleaning all the windows, or like sometimes I just want to bleach EVERYWHERE :haha:
I try not to let the house get messy... usually it'll just be dishes but it wont last longer than a day... at night I just find my energy is GONE and my backache is at its worse.

auntiesarah, I hope your baby is just having a quiet day! :thumbup: I know they start napping the later you get... so hopefully its just that :)

Thanks ladies. Just got home. The doc was satisfied with babies heart rate and movements. I didn't feel a few of them so its possible she's facing my back. They told me to take it easy, feet up 4x a day and 10 glasses of water a day. I have a check up Monday so I'll be asking my doc about it.

I'm having the opposite, this baby kicked or punched me so hard last night a couple of times that I thought he could actually come out. It felt awful, like he had a huge fit from within!

I love getting free hand me downs! It's awesome!!

I really need a swing but can't afford it yet!

I get really knackered just walking up the stairs aswell Snuffle!

Xzoeyx try on gumtree for swing. We just got a fisher price rainforest for £30 when normally over 100 to buy new and it is in great condition. We borrowed my cousins baby swing for ds and he wasn't in it for long so didn't want to spend a lot of money on one for same reason xx

I believe I am pregnant with a boney octopus... the movement i feel OUCH!! getting a bit annoying now :haha:

So finally got the breakdown of the bill :growlmad: I took a pic so you can see how crazy it is!!
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/AshleyMiranda/2014-01-23001001_zpsee808fea.jpg

Me and my DH went over it, first we compared it to our first bill from my last pregnancy we noticed that I had the same things done and it was only $350. 2nd, they didn't give us our 35% self pay discount! :dohh: and third retested for some things that does NOT change, such as blood type and RH factor, as far as I am aware I am the SAME person and that should remain the same. So my DH is gonna phone them up today I believe and try to get to the bottom of this, he says he won't be paying them over $500 for this.

I still haven't cancelled my appt on the 31st... and I didn't tell my DH that I haven't yet either, I mean I will still need to be recieving care.. :shrug:

I think one the craziest things about that bill is that many of those things - HIV test, blood typing test, etc - could have been done for free at a blood donation center. I mean really, wth?!

Well some of it is state law, like there is no getting around it.

Anyways PHEW!! its all sorted out! Apparently it was that they forgot to give us our discount... so I can keep my appt. :thumbup:

glad its sorted!

i would actually have a breakdown if i had to pay that sort of money....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->