Anyone else due towards end of March?

So who have we still got in here waiting for babies??

I have an update, I posted it on my journal so here is a copy of it rather than typing it all again!:

I am feeling a little disheartened after midwife appointment today.

She said baby is still 2/5ths engaged, which is what he was at 36 weeks, so in 2 weeks there has been no progress, despite me bouncing on my ball etc.

She has told me that he needs to start engaging a bit more otherwise when I do go into labour, its going to be particuarly painful

I have to bounce or roll on my ball every other day at least. I will probably do it everyday too be honest.

I have been offered a sweep at my next appointment which is 2 weeks today, I really want it done because its my chance to get things started but at the same time, I really don't want an internal, it's going to be SUCH a big emotional milestone for me...

Ahhh dunno how I feel or what to do!?

I still have no definite signs. Baby was "very low" at my 39 week appointment but the cervix was still closed and still had good levels of amniotic fluid. Le sigh. I have the 40 week appointment tomorrow.

:hugs: try not to worry too much hun, my first LO didn't really engage at all as she was breech and my labour was fine-I managed without anything until I was pushing.
You've got another 2 weeks to try and encourage baby to engage and get into a good position, if you've got the same lovely weather as we have at the moment, walking as much as possible (without wearing yourself out!) can help as well as using the ball.
If you do want the sweep is there anyone who could come with you for a bit of support?

I already knew I was going to go overdue... I know its not always the case but its common for FTMs to go overdue, but now I know I will go overdue! I don't mind really by a couple of days, but maybe I will just take the sweep and I will have to grit my teeth and bare it but they say if you don't relax, it's really painful, now I know for a FACT, I will NOT be relaxed and nothing anyone says will relax me! It's a massive fear of mine to be touched by people I don't feel comfortable with, let alone have an internal, but what has to be done has to be done. Shame I didn't think about these things before I got pregnant lol.

:hugs: try not to worry too much hun, my first LO didn't really engage at all as she was breech and my labour was fine-I managed without anything until I was pushing.
You've got another 2 weeks to try and encourage baby to engage and get into a good position, if you've got the same lovely weather as we have at the moment, walking as much as possible (without wearing yourself out!) can help as well as using the ball.
If you do want the sweep is there anyone who could come with you for a bit of support?

I struggle with walking because before getting pregnant I had back problems and they are exaggerated since pregnancy, not too mention that my feet start to kill me after a couple of minutes but maybe I will try. I could do with getting out anyway tbh. We do have gorgeous weather.

I don't like having people with me, especially when I am in pain or uncomfortable, I have always been a bit weird like that, I am one of these people that likes to do everything alone, I am very very independent. If I could have it my way, I would have noone with me for the birth apart from 1 midwife lol.

Zoey, what position is your baby in now? I am feeling the same as you. I am sure I will go overdue. My baby is kind of posterior and I feel like that will be keeping labor at bay for awhile. I've been doing lots of stretching and an inversion everyday.. this baby doesn't want to budge. I'm officially done working and the weather is finally starting to warm up here. I am really ready for this kid to come out because I feel like life is in limbo. Going to the midwife this evening. Not expecting much exciting news lol. Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh, and congrats Brandy on having your twins!! Read your birth story and it sounds like things went smoothly!

Zoey, what position is your baby in now? I am feeling the same as you. I am sure I will go overdue. My baby is kind of posterior and I feel like that will be keeping labor at bay for awhile. I've been doing lots of stretching and an inversion everyday.. this baby doesn't want to budge. I'm officially done working and the weather is finally starting to warm up here. I am really ready for this kid to come out because I feel like life is in limbo. Going to the midwife this evening. Not expecting much exciting news lol. Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh, and congrats Brandy on having your twins!! Read your birth story and it sounds like things went smoothly!

He's in the right position, LOA, which means on my left hand side but she said he needs to come down a lot lower. I'm feeling really disheartened! I'm going to try and do some walking and in the meantime will spend time on my ball!

He's in the right position, LOA, which means on my left hand side but she said he needs to come down a lot lower. I'm feeling really disheartened! I'm going to try and do some walking and in the meantime will spend time on my ball!

I never really experienced my daughter "dropping" when I went into labor so sometimes they just go down right before you start. Don't be discouraged! You are almost there. :flower:

Thanks hun. I hope he drops soon. Other half is going to think all his Christmases have come at once cos I'm gonna start DTD daily now lol!!

Thanks hun. I hope he drops soon. Other half is going to think all his Christmases have come at once cos I'm gonna start DTD daily now lol!!

LMAO! He is going to want to get you knocked up more often. Hehe.

LMAO! He is going to want to get you knocked up more often. Hehe.
I wouldn't go that far haha!! He is not a ''kiddy'' person atall, this is a MASSIVE change for him lol, I can't even imagine him with a baby lol

I'm still here waiting for things to start :wacko:

As for engaging, I am unaware if that happened until labour with my 1st, if it did no one told me :haha:

I agree, how can you relax during an internal... I don't want to scare you but for me it felt like I was getting a knife up me :nope: I think my cervix is just highly sensitive, as they tell you it shouldn't hurt, but it hurts me.. but prehaps I'm just not the norm :winkwink:

Last pregnancy I had signs labour was coming to an end this far along, I woke up with contractions. This time NOTHING. So I bet I will go another week before anything... unless I will be late :shrug:

I think I might just have to bite the bullet and try a sweep cos I just want this over with now.

I don't have any signs anymore, I had a few days of different things and had convinced myself it was all going to happen soon but that has all gone!

I didn't really have signs with my first going into labor until my water broke but was only slowly leaking and I knew it wasn't pee. When I started getting the labor pains I knew exactly what they were because they made my back hurt and it was reminiscent of period pain. I am still not having any signs either. Feeling like labor is a long long time away!

Third tri seems to feel like the longest I think because of the waiting for something to happen. :wacko:
I just feel like I hafta be ready and prepared but for nothing :baby:

The only thing that is different this time around is cervix pain and more achiness..

Does anyone know if they can tell dialation from an ultrasound? I have one tomorrow and I don't know if they can tell from one or not..

I'm not sure of they can tell dilation exactly. I do know they can tell you cervicak length which is important and they can tell you if the cervix is open or closed.

AC, I had a growth US and if you want to know length and open/closed you need a very full bladder! I felt like mine was full, but she couldn't get a good picture because my bladder wasn't full according to her.

I asked and was told my cervix didn't even show up because the head was in the way. :haha:
That said, the baby is small and theres a chance of induction next week :shrug: so here is to hoping i go into labour before hand!!

Yeah AC, my tech tried to push baby's head out the way, it didn't work, and just hurt...sorry to hear baby is a little small.

The induction is booked for the 23rd (my dh isn't happy how its booked at night) but I don't know if I have a choice over the time of induction..
And I know ultrasounds aren't 100% accurate about weight gain. I just hope that I go into labour before next friday...
I'm doing the eating dates thing and taking evening primrose oil capsules orally... hopefully that helps.
I'm still losing mucus plug so hopefully that just starts labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->