• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else fed up with the FF vs BF debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torch2010

Reaction score
I am do fed up of seeing threads on here debating formula and breastfeeding. We all know that BF is better for babies, we are told enough.
Surly we all do what WE feel is best for OUR babies?
I have nothing against BF at all, I think it's beautiful.
but I am fed up of feeling like I am in the wrong for FF my child. Fed up of seeing mum's feeling the need to justify their decision on how they feed their child.

Everyone has their own opinions but never justify a decision you made for your child. Weather that is FF or BF. It really has nothing to do with anyone else :)

Yup! The one thing I don't understand is why ANYONE gives two figs about how someone else feeds their baby?? Nobody cares what I had for tea, why do they care about what my LO has :shrug: but I can't see it ever being different to be honest. It seems to be impossible for everyone to agree to disagree x

Placing bets on the timing of the arrival of the first cow blinkie in here to remind us all what "sinners" we are...

THAT is the part I'm sick of - the fact that they have to spend their days "moderating" the formula feeding forum to jump on any sign or hint of ANY self-esteem among formula feeders and police it.

hi hons i combi feed and just think we should feed lo however we choose. while im here can i ask advice?

we use c&g and lo tends to cry quite a lot aftet feeds even tho we wind her. do u think i should try a different brand? thanks x

hi hons i combi feed and just think we should feed lo however we choose. while im here can i ask advice?

we use c&g and lo tends to cry quite a lot aftet feeds even tho we wind her. do u think i should try a different brand? thanks x

We had similar issues but with sma. He seemed to have terrible tummy ache. We did actually try C&G for a while but made him worse. We asked the Dr too but he had no symptoms of an allergy or anything. Also changes bottles but eventually he just improved on his own :shrug: sorry I couldn't help more x

Now now ladies we're just being SENSITIVE and feeling GUILTY at our breastfeeding FAILURE remember? (Insert vom smiley in here)

Basically ANY show of being fed up with it gets chalked down to that so I figured I'd pre-empt it.

Oh the whole "formula feeders are just oversensitive" tripe...

Way to invalidate the very real pain many women went through and still are going through. :thumbup:

And yep, bf vs ff is such a tired debate. Sooooo done with it.

I have to say that I didn't realise that people feel guilty about not breastfeeding until I came onto this site. Each to their own. It's not like it's bad to give your baby formula. I get completely fed up with it. To me, in the real world (or my world at least), I've never come across anyone who has looked down on someone because they didn't breastfeed. I've never ever heard someone even comment on it. I gave breastfeeding a go but I didn't like it and I certainly didn't feel guilty about stopping. It really isn't something that I give much thought about to be honest x

I think it's ridiculous, if we went storming into the BF section to talk about any "benefit" of formula, we'd be run out of there like the devil himself.

I don't feel "guilt" as much as just feeling a constant quiet judgement, IRL and then on here, well.....it's freaking annoying.

I have no issue with BF, I did it for 2 months. I don't care if you BF your 8 year old. More power to you. But it does not make you a better mother than anyone else,except maybe a crack whore. Oh, but if she BF then she's still a good mom, right? <eyeroll>

Speaking of which I think I'll get rid of my cow blinkie.....

Closed.

Unnecessary comments have been made already by some users. I am sure it was not the OP's intention but threads like this are seldom productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"