Anyone else have long cycles, and want to join me on the long wait for O?

I really feel like those of us that have messed up cycles should really focus on diet. I know, sigh, but mostly foods that effect insulin levels in our body. Like refined sugars and carbohydrates which is like U.S.A's two fav. food groups :haha: Potato chips, corn chips, soda, pasta, white rice. Especially junk foods like soda and sweets. How's that saying go? If you love it, it's probably bad for you... Is that a saying? Anyway, I'm a sugar hound and I think if I drastically cut back on my sugars, I think that my brain and my body will be happier for it. I also eat a ton of pasta (yum) so that on top of all the sugar I consume... It's no wonder it takes me 60 days to O, then my ovary gets a cyst on it. Ugh. Well, it's food for thought...
:dust:

I gave up sugars and glucose, sucrose etc about three years ago for 12 months. Felt dreadful initially but after couple of weeks felt great. Whether it helped my cycles I can't say as was on bcp at the time.

I've considering doing it again recently so may give it a try. Have to plan ahead otherwise you end up not eating much. I gave up fruits as high in natural sugar and yeast , wheat and dairy.

Are you going to try?

Hey Fellow Long Cycle Ladies?

HAs any of you taken Clomid? Did it make you Ovulate and did it shorten your cycle?
My doctor has prescribed me progesterone to bring on my period sooner so I can start clomid in 3 weeks, very excited but I wonder if all of a sudden I'll be back in the world of the 28 days ladies?

thxx

Hey, hows everything?

I am having such a great visit wiht AF (rolls eyes) havent had it this bad in over the year. This time feels what i normally should of been all year.

But on the bright side, i had af 3 months in a row :) maybe my body is finally adjusting.

Euronova - I haven't taken Clomid so I don't know. Think there's a thread for clomid users maybe try there and see if people can help. Excellent that the doc is able to help you.

Skp - that's great you've had 3 regular cycles fingers crossed it continues so you can get your BFP. Have you done anything differently the past six month?

Is it possible to ovulate more than once in a cycle??? I thought I ovulated cd16 as it was my first +OPK , when AF hasn't appeared I've continued to poas and have had two other days of +OPK. I haven't started temping yet so can't see that to help. The tests are less sensitive than normal too

you can have +opk if you are pregnant!!! Test!!!

Skp - that's great you've had 3 regular cycles fingers crossed it continues so you can get your BFP. Have you done anything differently the past six month?

From Jan to June I just went with the flow, went about my life since AF's wasn't happening.

I started on the 30th, and that is 35 days from my last AF. Better than 2 or 3 or even 6 months aprt I had. So pretty much in one year I can say I had 4-5 actual AF's.

Meeeeee i have had long cycle days last one was 190!! I am normally 55, and hoping i dont have such a long wait this time
:dust::dust::dust:

xx

Hi everyone! :hi: sorry I checked out for awhile.
Euronova- I hope the progesterone works for you! :thumbup:
I haven't tried clomid but my doc suggested it. I decided to wait a little longer. I did try soy isoflavones this cycle and am really hoping it shortens my cycle! Fx!

SKP- I hope your cycles are regulating! Sometimes it take the body awhile to adjust, fx for you!

Jellycat-I've gotten positive OPKs and then didn't O. It sucks, talk about messing with your mind! Charting will definitely help pinpoint O, it's made it less of a guessing game.

Hi Paula:) I hope your cycle isn't as long this time :dust:

cd 10 today hopefully :) Gyeno visit on Oct 5th. Starting to temp again.

Hi!! may I join?? because of PCOS, my periods last 35 days, but last months and sometimes, it can last 45 days! :O

Im on CD15, Im suppossed to start my fertile days this monday! Im temping, and today my temp raised a bit, besides since lastnight Ive been having cramps similar to the ones I feel when I ovulate. Lets see what happens this months! :)

So far its CD 18, I had a very light opk result. Im assuming sometime this week I have ovulated hopefully. So far I think Im 4DPO. No symptoms yet

Skp - have you been doing opks daily? I've been testing since cd6 and am currently cd15 got my first faint line this morning so hoping I should get a positive within the next 7-10 days. Started temping this month too.

Hi pola - fingers crossed you've ovulated !

Skp - have you been doing opks daily? I've been testing since cd6 and am currently cd15 got my first faint line this morning so hoping I should get a positive within the next 7-10 days. Started temping this month too.

Hi pola - fingers crossed you've ovulated !

Thank you so much!!!! We're working hard! Lol! Baby dust for you! :hugs:

SKP, That's great that you Od! I wish you had a chart I could stalk :haha:
When using OPKs the test band has to be equal to or darker than the control band for it to be positive. Ive found that as my body is getting closer to O, the test band gets gradually darker from day to day. Yesterday I had an OPK that looked almost positive so I double checked with a digital clear blue ovulation test and it was negative. They are more expensive but it's a good way to be sure. I only use them to double check.

Hi Jellycat :) do you have a FF site yet? Sounds like O is coming soon! :thumbup:

Pola, looks like you did O :happydance: if your temps still keep going up you'll know for sure.

Still no O for me, but hoping it will be soon. I tried soy this cycle and am really hoping it will work!

Hi!! I think I did, but I think I did not temp the right way! Oh well, in 2 weeks ill find out! :D

:hi: tallmom2b

No ff site yet just keeping track on a phone app but will transfer over the info soon, just need half an hour to set it up. Finding temping difficult to do accurately as my sin has had a couple of nights crying every couple of hours so am finding it difficult to measure same time each morning and as I wake but doing my best.

I too have just bought digi clearblues to double check on days I think I will be ovulating as I hated it last month when I thought I had then questioned couple of weeks later if I had just read it wrong. Haven't used any yet.

Fingers crossed you 'O' very soon xx

Im not sure I have, I tested since CD 9, and once aday after 2:00. Never consistant. I just had one slight result, so I assume I Ov before or after. I just make sure I DTD regularly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->