Anyone else have long cycles, and want to join me on the long wait for O?

Hi Jelly, Sorry they are making you wait so long! I hope that you get your bfp before then hun!

I just had an appointment to day, they are checking my thyroid and I should hear the results by tomorrow. If it checks out okay than they'll be inducing menstruation with progesterone and then I'll be going on clomid once I start a new cycle. FX this works!!

Talmom2b - ill have everything crossed for you that the meds give you your long waited BFP. Let us know how the thyroid test goes !

My thyroid came back normal :)

I got progesterone but then chickened out and decided to wait for O and AF naturally. I was stressing about I so I was like, I don't HAVE to take it so I guess I wont if it's stressing me out. :shrug:

I'm a freaker :haha: BUT hopefully O comes before cd70! Last cycle was a long one. Hope that doesn't happen this time! I should O within the next couple weeks. Maybe even this week if im lucky [-o<

How is everyone else? :flower:

Great news on the Thyroid.

As you are close to ovulation - no harm in waiting. Good to know you have the Prog if you want to.

AFM - I feel like I might be Ovulating soon as have been getting increased CM however my OPKs have been showing negative. Feeling very achey and painful joints past few days which I'm linking to my low calcium levels but ive read this can be a sympton of PCOS. Been reading up quite alot on PCOS, im aiming for a low GI diet which can help relieve symptoms so going to get organised this week ready for our big food shop at the weekend.

Hi everyone:hi:

It's been awhile since I posted on this thread, but I just wanted to check in on you all.

Jelly- it looks like you might have just Od? Fx!

SKP - how are you? Have you done another round of clomid? Hope all is well!

AFM- I'm finally in my TWW! Whew! It took me 70 days to O! If I don't get my bfp this time I'll be going on my first round of clomid:thumbup: but hopefully I won't need to :winkwink:

:hi:

I've got everything crossed for you this month tallmom. Only 6 more days, really hoping this is your cycle.

AFM - I went back to slimming club tonight as trying to lose weight on my own just hadn't worked. Been doing alot of reading up on PCOS and found spearmint tea can help reduce some of the hormone imbalances do am going to give that a try. Just need couple of cups a day. I feel like I'm close or have ovulated really hope I have as would mean I've been bd at the right time this cycle :)

Jelly- I hope you O soon:) how has the slimming club been?

Ive still got flat temps:shrug: I double checked with a new bbt and changed the battery in my reg one too! Guess time will tell!

How bizarre with your temps ? Must just be a freak coincidence ! When do you think AF would be due .... 3 days?

Slimming has gone well this week as Ive been organised but just have to make sure I keep on track for the weekend

Fingers crossed this is your cycle :dust:

I'll be 14dpo on Monday, so that's when I'll expect AF to show.
I'm feeling Bla today, the TWW is tiring...

If I don't get my bfp I'll be going on clomid next cycle. But since I'm going to San Fran at the end of this month for almost two weeks we might not get to TTC:(

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Could you not wait one more cycle before starting the Clomid so no issues with going away and missing TTC opportunities?

Yep, I finished my 3rd round of clomid 3 days ago. I started round 1 in jan and feb, took a break in march, now on my 3rd. I have a prescription for 2 more then I meet up wit the doc in June.

If nothing happens then I dont know :(

Jelly- I think I'm going to go ahead with the clomid. I'll be taking the last pill the day before I fly out. So if it's bothering me, hopefully I'll feel better once I stop taking it. There is a good chance I might not O on time even on clomid, so maybe I'll O when I get back :shrug:
I'm thinking that even if I do O when I'm away, I'll still get to try on my next round, and it would still be sooner than if I didn't take clomid at all. My last two cycles have been 84 days long!

SKP- Sorry clomid hasn't worked for you yet. Has your DH had a SA done? I can't remember if you said or not. Maybe if clomid doesn't work you could try IUI or IVF?
Fx for you, :dust:

AFM- I'm on CD 2 today and i'm starting clomid on CD 5. Hoping the clomid doesn't kick my butt too much!

Wow its been a reeeeeeally long time since the last time I came to this topic! so :hi:

My cycles got regular last year, but since december they become long and irregular again! Im starting clomid this cycle! Im on CD2, and should take it from CD5-10. I should get an ultrasound on CD12 or CD13 to try to see if clomid works on me!

How is everyone doing??? :)

:hi: Pola

Both you and tallmom are on the same day cycle and 1st cycle on clomid !! Good luck for both of you

Im feeling dreadful this evening with really strong nausea, think its my hormone imbalance and PCOS - I hate feeling like this makes me dizzy too.

Wow how come? How long are you cycles? When are you testing? :)

Its actually kind of cool to be on the same CD! Exciting!! :dance:

Pola I was diagnosed with PCOS in Feb. since having JJ and being off the pill my cycles have ranged from 26 to 92 days do never know if I'm having short or long cycle, but another symptom is nausea so I'm not getting excited . I tested Sunday with bfn do I just test every couple of weeks until AF appears. I'm trying to lose weight at moment too to help me start ovulating properly too as dr thinks I'm probably not at the moment but they don't know.

Pola- :hi: yup cd 3 for me today! And I'm starting clomid on sat! So cd5-9 I'll take clomid. I hope it works for us!!!!

*highs 5* yes! we take clomid the same days!!!

Jellycat, last summer, I tried an non gluten diet, which helped me to have regular cycles again! (from june until november) I had some beautiful 32 days cycles, with ovulation (and lots of CM)... I went to the gym too! Maybe all of that helped, but at fall, you could find me eating junk food on weekends and a toblerone each day! Now Im back on diet, I do think it helps with PCOS!!!
I have this amazing book with recipes... the food is fun and delicious, and its very easy and fast to prepare.. Im usually cooking for 3 days, so I can force myself to lunch that and dine that! Also, Im making 50 minutes of cardio! I read somewhere, that people who suffer from PCOS, have some kind of resistance to insulin, thats why usually they prescribe you metformin! As for metformin, I couldnt handle it! It took my appetite away, I would feel some pressure in my chest and I felt shaky the whole time! I lost weight, and Im pretty slim, so the doctor got pretty worried and asked me to stop it inmediatelly!

So clomid is my only hope!!!

My insurance doesnt cover infertility, but my doctor gave me a prescription to get an intravaginal ultrasound on CD12 or CD13 to see if clomid is working on me, but I have called at least 4 clinics to try to get an appointment for saturday the 28th and they all are booked! *sighs*

Good luck both of you for this cycle !

Pola - My doctor isnt prescribing me metformin until I lose some weight so fingers crossed I can stay focused and at least lose 1 1/2 stone before July

You can do it! If I could, then anyone can!!!
Ive heard wonders about metformin.. thats why I got upset when I had to quit it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->