Anyone else have long cycles, and want to join me on the long wait for O?

Tallmom - :hugs: can you take some camomile tea, soothing music and try and clear your head? Just take one day at a time, it maybe just coincidence you are feeling like this. Panic attacks are awful but try and overcome them. Don't know what else to say :hugs:

Sounds like a good advice! I will keep it in mind too!!! :thumbup:

Pola- OH apologized and was really supportive this morning, and actually convinced me to finish the pills!! So I took my fourth pill this morning. We will have to celebrate tomorrow when we take our last one! I hope I sleep better tonight, I was reallllly kinda freaking.
Thanks for listening! :hugs:

:hugs: always!
Men usually need to clear their heads to realise they need to be supportive! My husband reacted exactly the same way as your OH on sunday!
Yeah, I think I will celebrate the last pill tomorrow, too! :dance:

One_dips- :hi: I highly reccommend charting/temping. Check out how long my cycles have been. I'm glad I stuck with temping and charting because my doc assumed I wasn't Oing but my chart clearly shows that I have been...eventually.
I think taking a prenatal vit is very important, at the very least. Evening primrose oil in addition to fish oil capsules are good too. And I speak from experience when I say that sticking with charting is a good idea even though your cycle seems to go on forever.
Also, I tried lots of natural supplements and nothing seemed to make me O on time. I'm still taking prenatals and primrose oil and fish oil. I also take pro greens by nutricology, not nessarily for TTC but it has done wonders for cm and my energy level.
I am not TTC with clomid for the first cycle. I didn't like the idea of doing something artificial but clomid is very mild and is designed to help you O on time. I've had limited side effects so far. (i'm on day 3) Just mild short hot flashes. Nothing scary at all.
Also, if you want to start fresh, you could talk to your doc about going on prometrium for 10 days, when you stop taking it you should have a period, then you could start clomid on cd 3-7 or cd 5-9.

For charting, make sure you take your temp at the same time every morning and position the BBT in the same spot each time, which helps with accuracy. Your temps should rise significantly after O and stay up (above coverline) for 14 days on average. If no bfp then your temp will likely drop and AF will come.

Hope this helps! :) feel free to ask if you have anymore ques.

:dust:

thanks for advice hopefully things will work this cycle and wont need to go bk to c
doc and do anything medically...i no ppl have metioned not to look into my temps tillthe cycles complete but as this is my first time temping ive got a few questions here are my temps-
cd 3 36.3
Cd4 36.0
cd5 36.3
cd6 36.1
Cd7 36.3 cm wet
today 35.6 cm wet poss ew but could be sperm(how do you tell??) :-s
Negative opks...
bearing in mind my previous cycles have been 56 and 60 days

So my question are is is 35.6 really low and is it a sign of anything and today debatable cm was whilst i was at work i felt something dripping (sorry tmi!!) went to check my cm nternally and was could have been ewcm or sperm was there clear in parts and very h strechy?checked just now and seems to just be wet now??? surely i dont ovulate this early with have long cycles or am i reading too much into things
good look everyone thats posted not v.good with names yet but sure ill pick up on them

One dip - my temps are always up and down. I could be wrong but think if your cycles are 50 days+ then it is highly unlikely ovulation as this usually occurs about 14 days before SF arrives.

I've only had one positive OPK in the past year whether this is due to not ovulating / bad timing / or rubbish cheapies I don't know but generally you should see the second line gradually getting darker.

Hope this helps.

Tallmom - glad you are feeling better and dh has apologised I felt do bad for you this morning when I read your post. Glad you decided to continue with the pills too.

Hi one_dips, it sounds like your body may be gearing up to O. But it seems early for O?
That temp dip could be a sign of O too. I'd keep temping and bding. The cm sounds like it could be either. If you DTD close before you got the cm I'd say its probably semen.

Are you charting your temps? Have you checked out fertility friend for online charting?
Then you can put your chart in your siggy and we can chart stalk you ;)

Hi one_dips, it sounds like your body may be gearing up to O. But it seems early for O?
That temp dip could be a sign of O too. I'd keep temping and bding. The cm sounds like it could be either. If you DTD close before you got the cm I'd say its probably semen.

Are you charting your temps? Have you checked out fertility friend for online charting?
How do i go on fertility friend been using an app callwd ovulite or summit on my phone..well we bd'd last night andbearing in mind been swimming this morn and noticedd cm around 2pm... it wud b amazing if my cycles shortened or stopped due to a BFP!?!? How will i tell if it is o what am i looking out for? Thanksfor the advice good luck everone! Xx

I use the phone app downloaded from iPhone which makes it easier to note your temps first thing in the morning. Otherwise you can just go onto their website and set up an account. It's the site majority of people use.

I really think you should try not to think about your temps too much this cycle as at the end hopefully you will be able to see what it is doing. Signs of ovulation for me is nausea, dizzy, ewcm (stretchy), high open and soft cervix.

Yer i think it is abit early and was possible just semen that didnt was away :) ... going to try and do this fertility friend thing today as im using a lap top and not my phone so will be easier to set up.

Were still going to bd every other day till AF and hopefully as much as possible on the projected fertile week end of may... i think i felt ovulation twinges last month on and of so will wait around for them.

Thanks jellycat think your right its abit of hoepful thinking i think with wanting to ovualte early ha ha... i have got about 30 digital tests and 30 cheapy's so going to try and use cheapys and back it up with a digital if im unsure of the result... digital always makes me feel better as they are just a yes or no no maybe.

:)

I love fertility friend! I think you will find it helpful. It's great to be able to see the pattern of your temps in chart form. Also they gave a nice app for the iPhone:)
For the average woman she would O around cd14. Then her Lutenal phase (LP) or what is lovingly known as the two week wait (2ww) that should be 14 days. If the eggy didn't get fertilized within the 2ww then menstration will happen, also known as aunt flo (AF), or the witch :witch:
You may already know all this, but just thought I'd make a note of the basics:)

Oh ya, after O your temps will go up significantly. And then drop back down at the end of the 2ww, unless your preggo and then they might continue to rise or flatten off.

:flower:

Oh! Fertility friend was my best friend last year! :p its just way too cool! I stopped temping, as I got too anxious and stressed over my temperature! :(

Finally! In 15 minutes, I have to take the last pill! :dance:

Pola- I took the last pill this morning! :happydance: I slept good last night too. SI glad I didn't let my fear keep me from finishing the pills:thumbup:

Jelly- when will you test? Are you having any symptoms?

Yeah! I got pretty scared of the pill too! But these last days were better!!! :thumbup:

Jelly- when will you test? Are you having any symptoms?

As its my first month of ovulation in about 6 cycles I feel excited just with the prospect that my system has worked normally. Ive done two week intermittent tests when pn long cycles (which is how I found out I was pregnant with no 1) so..... Ive decided to test on 11th may which I think is about 21 days after Ovulation. If AF arrives before then so be it but I really want to saviour every moment and dont want to take a test to get a BFN....... Hope this is making sense

Symptom wise , Ive become very gassy - (but not sure if thats change of diet past couple of weeks), DH keeps telling me ive become clumsy (could be due to work overload), have had a lot more cm than usual.

hi gals! how youve been?? This topic has been quiet!

Got an ultrasound on saturday and tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor.. on the ultrasound results it says that on my right ovary I have a 15mm follicle, endometrium looked nice, but I have a naboth cyst.... will have more details tomorrow :)

Im not sure what Im doing. I have to wait until my June appointment. If nothing by then, I am going to ask to get the tubes flushed. Since my HSG didnt really work.
Also I can't take anymore clomid after June. So I may ask for harder drugs I guess lol.

I am cd 23 now, hoping AF will show up, or preggers. I have to wait unti la week after to get pregnancy test again, before I do clomid again.

Pola - good luck at the ultrasound

SKP - when's your next doctor appointment, I know someone on here whose clomid treatment has been extended past 6 months.

AFM - AF arrived early at 10dpo :-( part of me was so happy about ovulating this cycle but the other part just dissapointed that AF arrived.

Came off the pill (dianette) after 7 years in oct 2011 for it to get out of my system before TTC as i had been told to.
Started TTC mid november after only having withdraw bleed but couldnt wait any longer.
Had first period 22nd Dec-29th
next period was not until 17th Feb-20th however spotted from 7th Feb(spotted for 10 days) i put this down to my body getting back to normal and was hoping for a normal length cycle next month and no long spotting.
However after starting to track CM and other symptoms still none the wiser as to when i ovualte in my next cycle my next period began this month but with spotting yet again from 7th april to 16th april but period began 17-20 (light)
Decided to try taking my temp's started on thursday 19th with a temp of36.3 then today 36.0 are these normal for during period.... Ive bought some digital opks but obviously due to my 57-60 day cycles pin pointing a week i think will be tricky.... any recommendations for vitamins, today cd6 ive started taking boots pecpnception tablets and evening primrose and am going to make sure i drink plenty of fluids as never notice amy obvious ewcm ..tips with temping and can i get preg even if i spot just after ovulation if that is when i ovulate or does it just flush the egg out.... bit lost 60 days i so long to wait.... really hoping that my cycle shortens this month but doubt it as it seems to have a definate pattern...
I went to the docs and he just wanted me to go on the pill for 3 months to try and kick start a shorter cycle... didn't think that sounded like a very gd idea to me so just gunna crack on as we are...... HELP?!?

whats going on with my temps says ive ovulated already so either my cycles have gone crazily short after cycles at 58-60 days or its inaccutate what you think ...
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ca334/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back