Anyone else have trouble drinking enough water?

LovingMommy10

Ry's Mommy<3
Reaction score
Everytime I go to the docs, they yell at me for not drinking enough water & saying my pee is to concentrated. Well, I sit with a 34 oz little cooler of water with me every day! & im supposta drink 2 1/2 of those ! Its hard for me, any ideas to help me drink it or I dont know? Its frusterating, Im not a water person but I know I need to drink it..

MEEEEEEEE:wacko:

I have always hated drinking water so its really hard for me. I have a water bottle that I drink out of ( 32oz) and I try to drink at least 2 bottles but ugh just never works out. What I sort of started doing was if im watching tv I will drink a glass on the every 5 commercial ( depending on how long im watching tv tho)

Oh that is a good idea, Water is just so bland and ickkkk :p & it doesnt help that before being pregnant I was a Pepsi addict lol Thanks!

OMG i was addicted to Dr. Pepper I use to have at least 3 bottles a day. I just hate water. Plus when youre pregnant you get queasy really easy and water sometimes just makes me sooooooooo :sick: since it have nooo taste ugh yuck

or something else I do is Ill buy myself a gallon of water and get a marker and mark a spot that is my "goal" and I have to drink that much or more before the night is over.

Lol thats another good idea, I wanna try to add like pink lemonade Crytal Light mix to my water but I dont know if thats the same as just water? I would think it is, but then again how much pink lemonade could you drink in 1 day too lol

Yea I wouldnt do too much of the crystal light since it has all those additives in them. I also ( i have a lot of drinking water tricks lol I hate water!! :haha:)
put my bottle in the freezer so once i drink it as it melts .
For me since being pregnant I cannot drink water thats not freezing cold
i wish there was some type of pill that we can take that will give us our daily amount of water that we need. :haha:

I'm the opposite, I can't get enough! I feel like I can never quench my thirst, I hate it. At first I had a hard time drinking enough, but I would just get a bottle of room temp or lightly chilled water and down it. If I didnt drink it all at once and get it over with, I'd just babysit it all day or forget about it. I would do that several times a day, but also keep a bottle by me for sipping on. It worked for me! :shrug:

Hey. I used to have a hard time drinking the required amount of water, too. You really should work on it, because once you get farther along and start to swell, water is so so so important!
For me, I've found that if the water is really cold it is easier for me to drink. In fact, I can't drink water if it isn't ice cold now. My doctor also told me I could add the crystallite flavor puches to my water, as well. They have a lot of different brands of flavor pouches you can add to bottled water. If you can do that, you'll still be getting the required amount of water, it'll just have some flavor to it. :thumbup: if you can, try to get ones with little or no sugar and caffeine.

Hope that helps! Good luck. :flow:

Hey. I used to have a hard time drinking the required amount of water, too. You really should work on it, because once you get farther along and start to swell, water is so so so important!
For me, I've found that if the water is really cold it is easier for me to drink. In fact, I can't drink water if it isn't ice cold now. My doctor also told me I could add the crystallite flavor puches to my water, as well. They have a lot of different brands of flavor pouches you can add to bottled water. If you can do that, you'll still be getting the required amount of water, it'll just have some flavor to it. :thumbup: if you can, try to get ones with little or no sugar and caffeine.

Hope that helps! Good luck. :flow:

Oh wow. thats awesome i thought since it still had additives in it it would be water but im glad you told us that. Will make it a lot easier

Oh wow. thats awesome i thought since it still had additives in it it would be water but im glad you told us that. Will make it a lot easier

Yep. :thumbup:
She said it's still water, so it's still achieving the goal :) She didn't mention this, but now that's it's summer, I like to use the Popsicle maker & freeze flavored water into popsicles. Sooo nice on a hot day & still gets fluids into you!
Again, just make sure the packets you use aren't loaded with sugar or caffiene! In fact, sugary things just make you more thirsty. :hugs:

Back when I was still getting really bad morning sickness I stuggled to drink water because it just tasted so gross to me! I'm fine now though.

Oh my goodness yes.
Pre-pregnancy I never ever drank water, maybe like a sip every 2/3 weeks. I lived on diet coke (15-25 cans a day!) It was really tough cutting down on it at the start.

I found just carrying a bottle around with me everywhere and making it a habit to sip at it constantly. Also adding to diluting juice, making ice lollies to snack on.

Now I can't get enough of the stuff haha!

Don't beat yourself up about it though, I mean as long as your getting some water, it's better than nothing :flower:

Ooh the ice pop idea is a good one, im going to have to try that! Thank youuu

I drink 3-4 litres of water on a normal day and 4-5 on warm days :flow: xx

I couldn't even IMAGINE drinking that much water. I barely drink half of that and I STILL
have to pee ever five seconds. lol. My Dr. hasn't mentioned my hydration at all tho:shrug:

I loveeeee water! Always have! I have noticed I drink less then I used to though.. But that's probably still more then I "need" :rofl: My advice is lots and lots of ice!!!! :) I need freezing cold water because warm water is just nasty!

Just thought I'd add that any liquid that is not carbonated and caffeine free counts as your daily waters :thumbup: So if you drink a glass of OJ with breakfast, that counts. Or de caf coffee, that counts too :)

Also try and eat very watery fruits, like watermelon. That will up your water intake too and be in food version!

I have the same problem. I should be drinking around 2 litres a day, but rarely manage over 1.5. Its a real challenge. :(

Just thought I'd add that any liquid that is not carbonated and caffeine free counts as your daily waters :thumbup: So if you drink a glass of OJ with breakfast, that counts. Or de caf coffee, that counts too :)

Also try and eat very watery fruits, like watermelon. That will up your water intake too and be in food version!

Thanks for the info! I especially love the watermelon idea. Watermelon is very watery! There was a long thread last night about a lot of us ladies craving watermelon, too! :haha:

Ladies with GD should be careful of over doing it with the juices & fruit though! Too much at a time will make your sugars spike :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->