Anyone else having trouble convincing the BF/DH?

emicakess

Reaction score
We use withdrawal method for "protection" and I make a point of it to BD on and around the days I am pretty sure I ovulate. I hope every month a little swimmer makes it! My BF is fine with risking the chance of it happening by using withdrawal instead of condoms, but he wont consider actively trying again and I dont think he will until he's an old man lol. I know he is just being cautious but it is driving me nuts every month wondering if I am pg, and hoping I am! Anybody else have a difficult BF/DH?

We had a MMC 6 months ago at 11 1/2 weeks and i was so scared to have a miscarriage that I brought it up a few times and he told me "if anything does happen, we will just try again because I am ready to be a dad now." I guess he changed his mind! But only kind of, since he isnt using protection.

Obviously I dont want to push him into anything he is not comfortable with, I just hope he comes around soon because I am ready! :)

Here here!! :wave:

We, or should I say my BF is using the withdrawal method, and I too hope that a little guy will escape but no luck yet :(

X

It's hard isnt it?! How ling have you been ntnp?

This is us too. We have two kiddos already, and DH is well aware that i really want another one. We are using the calendar method so he doesn't pull out until CD12 then we use pull out til CD20 cause i O on CD17.

On saying that though i thought i might have O'ed later than usual, like a day after we DTD unprotected and all it did was make me feel guilty like i "tricked" him. I know i can't force him to want another and i wouldn't want him to say yes when really doesn't want one, but it would be so much easier if he had a nice change of heart.

So, i am kind of in the 2ww now i guess. I always take tests before AF anyway, hoping for that hardy swimmer to have made it. We've been using POM since DS was born almost 3 years ago and no accidents yet though. We must be due one!! lol!

This is me too! DP has two teenage children from a previous relationship but we have no children between us. I stopped taking the pill in June as the Dr took me off it and didn't want to put me on anything else. We have been using POM since then and his attitude is if it happens it happens but hopefully it won't happen yet! I always hope one of the little swimmers gets through!

I had a feeling I wasn't alone with this! I don't want to force him into anything, it just wouldnt be righ,t but as you said Sausages (funny name lol) a nice change of heart would be nice! I know there is something inside of him that wants to have a baby, he just wants to be 34789759873465235% financially stable but who knows if that will ever happen? We are ready, he knows that. Like I said I know there is a part of him that is ready and wants to have a baby, I know this because of how excited he was when I was pregnant before, and how devastated he was when we had our MMC. If he really reaaalllly didn't want it to happen, he would use condoms instead of pull out. He even didn't pull out at all last time we DTD last week! But that was nowhere near my ovulation so it couldn't have done anything... but the point is, he is in denile that he wants one! hehe. He is just overly cautious about everything..always.. that is part of the reason I love him, but he always needs me to help give him that push to take a chance!

Same here. DH knows I'm desperate to have another but he'd be happy to remain a family of 3. I came off the pill in july as my dr thought it was the reason behind my high blood pressure and we've been using condoms or pull out method apart from on 2 occassions where I've managed to persuade him to cum inside of me. The last time this happened was on Thursday and I'm sure I'm in my fertile window so I guess I'm in the 2 week wait so keeping everything crossed. So frustrating though isnt it?!

Good luck to us all :flower:

Same here. DH knows I'm desperate to have another but he'd be happy to remain a family of 3. I came off the pill in july as my dr thought it was the reason behind my high blood pressure and we've been using condoms or pull out method apart from on 2 occassions where I've managed to persuade him to cum inside of me. The last time this happened was on Thursday and I'm sure I'm in my fertile window so I guess I'm in the 2 week wait so keeping everything crossed. So frustrating though isnt it?!

Good luck to us all :flower:

Wowie! Good luck to you Jess!! Keep us updated!! Lately my BF has been a little more open to the idea... A LITTLE. lol He still wont really talk about it, but he hasn't been dodging me talking about it. And he hasn't pulled out lately when we DTD (if you know what I mean ;D). I am a couple days late for my period right now, and having some serious symptoms... I turned down an offer to hangout with friends and drink tonight because I think I should be safe than sorry at this point! Anyway, BF was totally understanding of me turning down the offer when he usually would act like I am ridiculous and am just having overly wishful thinking. Well that's it for now, I feel super nauseous I need to lay down.... Keep me updating Jess k!! :) :)

I am in the same boat. My husband and I also use the "pull out" method, with no other forms of contraceptives besides avoiding when we think I ovulate. (according to my pink pad iphone app) He obviously knows the risks...so sometimes I wonder if he wants to have a baby as much as I do, but wont admit it. He drops hints like, hey, if it happens-it happens. so I'm not sure what to think. I just prepare by taking folic acid supplements "just in case"

Ooh sounds promising emi when are you going to test?

Oh it's such a relief to know that there are others in the same boat as me. Sounds like there could be at least one BFP here... Emi!! When are you testing, you're keeping us all in suspense!!

Sausages and jess, I tested last night and I can show you a pic but I am pretty sure it is a :bfn: which is discouraging but its not over until its over!!! I am going to test again in a few minutes (using dollartree tests). I think I ovulated late.. Cd19, which would mean either I have a short luteal phase this month, or a long cycle and I havent missed my period yet! I think I am 13 dpo today.

How are you girls doing??

Oh & myangel, I deff make it a point to DTD on and around ovulation time hehe! Good luck to you!

No it's certainly not over until it's over, you don't sound completely sure it was a BFN!

This is going to be a long 2 week wait for me. Just spent the evening with my auntie who is known to be psychic and she had a vivid dream about a baby the other night and felt like she had to tell me about it even though she doesn't know I'm ttc so who knows?!

Hi all can I join u ladies.?

My DH says he wants to wait at least 1-2 years before we ttc as he wants to get a house first. However he has said that he wants 1-2 kids (toddler+baby) by the time his 10yr school reunion in 3.2 years so I'm confused with that!
I know he wants kids but I think he's scared as we had a mc last year which hit him really hard. And he's always playing games with my nieces and nephews (7 all up) and his best friends toddler. He loves kids and always says how much he wants them- just not right now. But with his timing plan it would mean we would have to bfp the first try!

I too am like the rest and made a point about bd'ing around O and we bd everyday (no pull out) from 5 days prior to O and including O. We were having a loving week lol.

I hope u get ur bfp emi and maybe it was just a little early to test.?

Wishing everyone success with bfp's!!!!

Welcome babydoll, sounds like you've got a very good chance then. When will you be testing?

Hi Jess. I am going to try and wait until AF is due but I don't like my chances. I just got some HPT's today so at the earliest I'll test at 10 DPO.
I'm already (from previous months and my bfp with my mc) a POAS addict lol.

Mine is coming around a little too . . . He said last night he'd love me to get pregnant and that i shouldnt go back on anything , have been off the pill since the beginning of July because the doctor thought that it might be causing some problems for me.

We are still using the PO method but a couple of times he hasn't at the beginning of my cycle this time round. Not too sure where I am with my cycle this month but have been feeling a bit rough but have just taken a test but it was BFN :(

It's hard isnt it?! How ling have you been ntnp?

Only about 6weeks so only really had one cycle but because he's pulling out I know there's a very slim chance this cycle too :( he did finish on Sunday and I ovulate (supposedly) Friday, I doubt that will work and trying to convince him to again before Friday will be hard :cry:

X

Well i am still getting BFN's on tests. Could only be 9DPO though so not giving up yet.

So do you all class yourselves as being NTNP, even though you use POM? I never know what to class myself as. Technically i am still WTT i guess as DH doesn't want another, but with this risky form of contraception maybe it is more like NTNP? I don't know. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->