Anyone else having trouble with work?

littlejunebug

Reaction score
I'm a visual supervisor for a retail chain. My job is somewhat physically demanding at times. Graphics need to be hung, fixtures need to be moved... I'm up on a ladder A-LOT. I'm 5 months pregnant and was "reprimanded" at work today for finding an associate to help me with my job. I talked to this associate on my own about help, because my managers aren't finding me any help and still expect me to get my job done. I was going to email my boss today and let her know I found someone to do the ladder work for me... until another supervisor at work stormed up to me today and said some things that made me pretty furious... She told me that I shouldn't ask other associates to do my work, because it's my work to get done. She then explained to me that she was pregnant TWICE while working at a retail store that was "much bigger than our store!"... In the past she's also told me that she climbed a ladder and lifted heavy boxes over her head while 9 months pregnant... On top of stupid supervisors like this, I'm also dealing with our general manager, who tries to guilt trip me into quitting everyday. I'm constantly asked about my dedication to my job... I am asked questions like "is your heart in this job?". He is also disrespectful in the fact that when I tell him I need help with a project, he acts incredibly inconvenienced. There is so much more wrong with my job, but I don't want to write a book so I'll stop there...

What makes me so mad about my situation is the fact that I am truthfully working as hard as my body will let me. I'm slacking in school and am putting my relationship with my husband on the back burner because I'm left with no energy after 7-8 hour shifts, 5 days a week at this job. I can't quit because we need the money to get by.

At times I feel ashamed to be pregnant. I feel lazy and disappointed in my self that I don't have the amount of energy I used to...

I know there is nothing I can do and I'm struggling with depression now I think. I feel trapped in every way and every day I'm struggling to find a way out. Would love to hear some positive stories or share some similar struggles from other woman who are pregnant... According to the rest of the world I'm just pregnant and over emotional!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->