Anyone else just got a BFP?

Wow 8 weeks. I know how far away that must feel right now!

Mine have always done 6 but the last time I went was 6m ago, so they may have changed the rules since then! Not sure when to go tho, the ladies who run it are lovely, but the 2hrs waiting and faffing are highly tortuous!! Especially fortnightly!

I'm not sure if i'll get an early scan or if I'll have to wait until the usual 12weeks, i had a mmc in oct, that my only symtom was a really bad feeling that I hadn't slept for days over and booked a private scan for 11w and turned out i was right, its just sucked the joy out of first tri! So the mw might send me to epu for reassurance but I'm not seeing her until the 20th xx

I was planning not to get an u/s until 16+ weeks, but now I'm thinking I will because I've still got (thankfully mild) ovary pain.

Here we go, correct thread this time

:dohh: can't believe I forgot to say how wonderful everyone else's look whilst admiring them!

Today's strip photographed within timeframe and all tweaked and inverted and such, also the pic alone is after it dried

I don't even think that one needed a tweak! You can totally see the line. That's wonderful!!!

Am I the only weirdo carrying her latest positive test in her pocket? I have to keep it close to check it often enough

HAHAHA! Me TOO!! I keep a digital one in my purse...just as a reminder that it's real!:thumbup:

Thank you dear!!

Do you think it's progressing fast enough to possibly be twins? all three wondfo side by side

I'm obsessed

I think they look perfect!! But I'm not sure if you can tell if it's twins or not, pregnancy tests don't seem to give much away in that respect, from what I've seen anyway. Never say never, do they run in your family?

Heart, I've always wanted twins, felt like it was just inevitable when I was a kid but as an adult I know they're rare and the idea is silly. As I said... obsessed :haha:

Dan-o I looked up twin bfp progressions and unless there's a skew towards the top results being obviously different from singleton pregnancies (which there might well be a skew) then it looks like while initial lines aren't necessarily darker, the progression itself is faster. I looked at charts of beta levels for singleton vs twin and saw the same there-- twins can be lower hCG levels than a singleton but they always double faster than singleton because there's two babes producing the hCG to double. By something like 18-19dpo the highest recorded singleton hCG was exactly half of the highest recorded twin hCG

I need more days and more sticks, forget the digi :wacko:

Oooh interesting stuff!

Well you never know, you could be the December twin mummy, there are always a couple in each birth group I find!

I'd be mildly terrified with twins now, but I'd have loved them for my second successful pregnancy or even the third. I've had multiple follicles for all of them, but they were all scanned at 6w and all definitely singletons! Go figure!

This ones natural so most likely a single ovulation. No twins for me lol x

Here it is! I'd be petrified about twins!

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 18
Oh my god Laura I am sorry, I can't believe I didn't say how glad I am you've got a nice test now. And what a lovely dark test it is! is the test line darker than control in real life? almost looks it here. Congrats again, you must feel so much calmer. :thumbup:

Could always be identical twins Dan-o, only takes one egg for that :winkwink:

I'm terrified of many aspects of twins :blush: The pregnancy itself (I'm tiny), tandem breastfeeding and babywearing, a double size pile of cloth diaper laundry, everything is kind of scary to be honest and I haven't even considered what it would be once they're like past my toddler's age but for some reason I still want it so bad? lol

My midwives don't do a scan before anatomy scan, so I won't find out for ages. I know tests can't definitively tell me :shrug:

My dads a twin, and OH has twin nieces. They are fraternal, as well as my dad which is genetic as you all know. So I will say I am a little curious but don't really think that too much. Besides, 5 kids? Eek! Haha.

I've tested and I'll post soon. Its not as late as usual so not sure what it will look like.

I would die if i was having twins! 5kids is enough for anyone! That lines looking great Laura! Xxxx

I was wondering when you would chime in Silas! Are you still thinking you might have twins because of super dark lines/fast progression?

I don't have twins on my side of the family sadly, my man does which excited me the first time 'round but I know now that it doesn't matter

Today's is the bottom. Looks same as yesterday's, but it is messed up a bit.

I have no idea if it could be twins. At first I was concerned it was or I was farther along than I had estimated. But only time will tell, this is my 6 th pregnancy and I've always found out early so that's normal for me. I guess it'll just be a little surprise when I do get to have an ultrasound.

Attachments

• 4CA2652F-0DBA-4D77-999E-CB37C778EF87.jpg
    4CA2652F-0DBA-4D77-999E-CB37C778EF87.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2
Can I just have a whine?
MY BBS HURT SO EFFING BAD!
I forgot how much they can actually hurt.
😭😭🤧

Oh my god Laura I am sorry, I can't believe I didn't say how glad I am you've got a nice test now. And what a lovely dark test it is! is the test line darker than control in real life? almost looks it here. Congrats again, you must feel so much calmer. :thumbup:

Could always be identical twins Dan-o, only takes one egg for that :winkwink:

I'm terrified of many aspects of twins :blush: The pregnancy itself (I'm tiny), tandem breastfeeding and babywearing, a double size pile of cloth diaper laundry, everything is kind of scary to be honest and I haven't even considered what it would be once they're like past my toddler's age but for some reason I still want it so bad? lol

My midwives don't do a scan before anatomy scan, so I won't find out for ages. I know tests can't definitively tell me :shrug:

Oh don't worry about it! Yes it looks a shade darker than the control line. I think I'm gonna stop testing there and not get any digis, have already spent a fortune on tests so just gonna stay positive and save my money for baby things! Have told a few family members today, my parents are visiting (they live a ten hour drive away) so wanted to tell them face to face, also told my sister and a close friend. Feels more real now!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->