Anyone else just got a BFP?

Hey ladies, hey Nadya. nice to see you in here hun although I'm sorry you had such a fright with the tests!

I've got my next midwife appointment on May 15! Just ten days away, woah. I'm considering severely limiting the time we listen/search with the Doppler, and declining it entirely once I can feel movement instead. I cramped for 36 hrs following my u/s, and my first baby she HATED the Doppler and would kick it so hard. She didn't kick a hand against her pressing the same way. I just don't trust ultrasounds any more, and dopplers operate by ultrasound.

Am I going off the crunchy deep end with this one?

Oh yeah and speaking of movement, any of you ladies with a slightly earlier due date feeling anything yet? On my other site's November group we have quite a few 2nd baby+ mamas who have been feeling tickly little flutters since week 10! Omg!

Sometimes I think I have but honestly probably just gas 😂
I can't remember with my last :dohh: she was my 3rd. I'll have to search through my journal and see.

So basically I'm dying. Literally. From diarrhea :haha: maybe not literally but omg can't trust my stomach.

Yay for 3+ I never got past 2-3 lol x

No movement yet but I have felt all mine by my 12w scan. Feels like a gentle feathery fish flipping about periodically, then the little pops come a couple of weeks later! Can't wait!

So grumpy and lethargic today. The kids are all whacked as well, hate days like this. Glad this grumpy mummy stage doesn't last for the whole duration!
Searched with the doppler for 5 minutes this morning, nothing. Got in a huff. Then pressed it back on and found it instantly lol! :dohh: not hearing movements yet but I don't think it will be long!!

I've had billions of ultrasounds, and my kids are only slightly crazy wrap :haha: xxx

Ah the only thing I'm feeling is sore boobs, little bloated that's it! Had a few days of queasy sickness now nothing. X

Supposedly in autistic children the severity of symptoms is linked to number of ultrasounds. My babies' daddy is diagnosed autistic so I obsessively worry.

I get ya! My family is full of ASD ADHD OCD and ODD on both sides, I will now blame too much brain frying in utero! :haha:
My eldest is deffo OCD and my youngest ADHD in the making, just like mammy. ;) x

Awful cramps tonight and my bloating is extreme!! I reckon my tilted and folded uterus is thinking about breaking free and righting itself, usually happens about now and triggers a bleed! Fingers crossed I don't bleed, such a bore. Had nothing this time yet!

Fingers crossed Dan-o, hope there is no bleeding x

Pinkmonki, and anyone else wanting added to the December fb group, send me a friend request and a private message and i can add you, as its a secret group so you need to be added by a member. You can delete me on fb after you've been added.

https://www.facebook.com/laura.payne2

Laura, is this a different group from the one Aileen made?

So I haven't mentioned this because at first I just kinda brushed it off but I've seen 3 ladies on the other site miscarry or have huge scares due to this same condition.

Help?

I have been crazy on edge about bleeding. Why? Not because I AM bleeding, but because when I had my follow-up for my u/s the rn said "so the bleeding it probably..." and I was like "what bleeding?" and she responded "You're not bleeding? That's unusual..."

Apparently I have a subchorionic hematoma. I can see it in my u/s pic now that I know what to look for. But I haven't bled at ALL and I'm so scared every time my man and I are intimate that it's going to cause me to miscarry. (Hematomas cause placental abruption right?) I won't have another u/s until July and my midwife didn't put me on pelvic or bed rest so I'm proceeding as normal, but damn...

Laura, is this a different group from the one Aileen made?

So I haven't mentioned this because at first I just kinda brushed it off but I've seen 3 ladies on the other site miscarry or have huge scares due to this same condition.

Help?

I have been crazy on edge about bleeding. Why? Not because I AM bleeding, but because when I had my follow-up for my u/s the rn said "so the bleeding it probably..." and I was like "what bleeding?" and she responded "You're not bleeding? That's unusual..."

Apparently I have a subchorionic hematoma. I can see it in my u/s pic now that I know what to look for. But I haven't bled at ALL and I'm so scared every time my man and I are intimate that it's going to cause me to miscarry. (Hematomas cause placental abruption right?) I won't have another u/s until July and my midwife didn't put me on pelvic or bed rest so I'm proceeding as normal, but damn...

Sorry to butt in from a different trimester... I had a haematoma this time. It was seen at 7 weeks at my scan and I was told I would either spot or bleed it out as a heavy bleed. I did spot brown for a few days starting a couple of days after the scan then it stopped. By my 12 week scan it had thankfully reabsorbed and was gone.

My point is, I WAS put on pelvic rest and told no sex or orgasms. So I abstained and still spotted. I would re ask your care provider about the pelvic rest thing just in case. It was a shame for me because the only time I have wanted sex this pregnancy was in the first trimester!! I know that some haematomas can be very serious but a lot of times they reabsorb, hopefully this will happen with you.

Also butting in from 3rd tri. I was told I had "implantation bleed" on my 7 week scan and I could have some brown spotting. Never happened and it went away. Body typically reabsorbs it. Just want you to know that all went well. I also did not go on pelvic or bed rest for mine. Hope rest of pregnancy goes smoothly. Same for the rest of the group :)

Yes it's the same group wrap.

Try not to panic about the sch, I've seen lots of cases where it causes a bleed but no harm to baby. Body can just absorb it as well xx

Thank you so much ladies. Your experiences help me feel so much better & I did google it finally and learned a big study didn't find a connection between SCH and miscarriage!

Crazy, was yours big? Mine is small/tiny.

Fluent I did have a teeny bit of brown spotting a few days after my period was due which they said was implantation bleeding. I didn't realize SCH and IB were related

I really don't want to do pelvic rest! But I had a miscarriage start during intercourse back in 2008 so I'm so conflicted.

Pinkmonki, and anyone else wanting added to the December fb group, send me a friend request and a private message and i can add you, as its a secret group so you need to be added by a member. You can delete me on fb after you've been added.

https://www.facebook.com/laura.payne2

Thanks Laura, I know I'm technically not December but what's a couple of days? :haha:

Wrap, I'd ask your care provider what they recommend. I can imagine it's super worrying. :hugs:

Thank you so much ladies. Your experiences help me feel so much better & I did google it finally and learned a big study didn't find a connection between SCH and miscarriage!

Crazy, was yours big? Mine is small/tiny.

Fluent I did have a teeny bit of brown spotting a few days after my period was due which they said was implantation bleeding. I didn't realize SCH and IB were related

I really don't want to do pelvic rest! But I had a miscarriage start during intercourse back in 2008 so I'm so conflicted.

No, thankfully mine wasn't "big" either, just small but big enough to potentially cause the spotting or bleeding. Don't know what to suggest about the pelvic rest if you really will struggle with it, maybe at the first sign of spotting give it a rest but if there is none then don't worry? I would still ask about it though :)

Ohh I've got two SCH children. One classic SCH, one extreme!

With my second baby I started bleeding watery red blood at 11w, I had about 6-8 weeks of varying bleeding which reduced to brown spotting, then stoppped. By my 20w scan it had resolved. Delivered normally at 38w.

With my 3rd baby I had a SCH start at 7w with bright red blood and clots, it was huge and grew as my baby grew, always outmatching baby. Then it got troublesome at 19w, I couldn't go out as the blood would pour without warning and soak right through maternity pads into my clothes. We found got between the sacs and became a sub amniotic hematoma. The consultant and sonographer had only ever seen one or two cases before. I had a little stay in hospital after that and they thought I would deliver/and/or need a transfusion. Thankfully I needed neither and it stopped by 22w and resolved by 24w! He came at 35w as my waters randomly went.

Both times I limited all physical activity as much as I could while bleeding and rested as much as possible. Obviously pelvic rest when bleeding as the cervix opens slightly and can allow infection in. I made sure to eat the most healing foods I could and drank tonnes to fluid to keep the cramps at bay.

You'll be fine! Just take it easy! X

I cannot stop eating tonight!

I had roast dinner (swede, kale, broccoli, potatoes, quorn and leek stuffing) then ate my LO's ice cream he rejected. Then for evening snack I had a handful of sugar snaps, an apple, some fancy lettuce, a bowl of figs and prunes and then after that picked at some leftover quorn and stuffing. Oh and on my way upstairs I nicked two bits of mango jerky! I mean the the heck?
I've also eaten THREE bananas today (one with Nutella on :haha:) another apple, grapes, strawberries on top of an average breakfast and lunch, plus a whole carton of soya milk!

Why am I soooo hungry? :headspin:

Hey ladies! sorry for abandoning you, my anxiety was doing all sorts of crazy so i didnt want to be around the forums reading scary stories, I have since found baby on the doppler yesterday and today briefly so I'm feeling much better!
wrap I really hope it resolves and you have no bleeding to stress you out, Ive been on self inflicted pelvic rest, but i think we may remedy that tonight now im not as terrified lol
Dan I am starving too only im not eating anything healthy at all so your doing well! are you Vegan? today has been easter eggs and quavers and a steak stirfry xx

No not vegan at the moment. I do dip in and out of a dairy free diet though, as I am a little intolerant to dairy and it suits me better, but I am partial to some cheese!
I always go vegan while breastfeeding tho, otherwise we get colic, reflux and wind!

I was all quavers and Easter eggs the other week, felt truly vile on it too, but gone off all that again now thank goodness! I'm a fruit addict this week!

Sorry about the anxiety:hugs: it manifests as grumpiness for me I think! Glad the doppler is helping, it does for me also! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->