Anyone else NOT on facebook?

I joined up not too long ago for cloth nappy related reasons. It's addictive though.

And me what? Causing trouble? Don't think so!!

If someones first post is calling people idiots that's an account opened just for a fight

And me what? Causing trouble? Don't think so!!

If someones first post is calling people idiots that's an account opened just for a fight

I agree :thumbup:

There's a reason why that user is now inactive.

I was only joking anyway lol, didn't think that's need explaining

Of all the threads in baby club guaranteed to upset people - facebook just wasn't one of them.

IM not on it either. I hate when people bother and bother me to get one but i just would like to keep my life private and facebook doesnt alow that. ALL my family and friends have it. I know too many people who facebook as hurt and i dont want that to happen. Me and my dh agree not to ever have one

Someone joins bnb to get a rise out of baby club and THIS is the thread they choose? :rofl:

And you one of them!

i dunno but this kinda comes across pretty rude... bit uncalled for IMO

What's rude in this?
This is forum you can talk about any sort of things and if you choose is Facebook subject that's your business yeah?
Lil_pixie just stated in her post how bad mums we are because this time we not talking about our babies?because we talking about Facebook instead?well she ain't better!!!!!
That's rude I would say!
And I didn't see anyone calling others idiot it wasnt direct to one person.rant over!!!!!

Someone joins bnb to get a rise out of baby club and THIS is the thread they choose? :rofl:

And you one of them!

What's rude in this?
This is forum you can talk about any sort of things and if you choose is Facebook subject that's your business yeah?
Lil_pixie just stated in her post how bad mums we are because this time we not talking about our babies?because we talking about Facebook instead?well she ain't better!!!!!
That's rude I would say!
And I didn't see anyone calling others idiot it wasnt direct to one person.rant over!!!!!

Huh?? Lil Pixie didn't say anything of the sort, she was laughing at the irony of the OLD thread that this person choose to try and start a rumble on when there are soooo many other controversial topics which would have gotten a better reaction. Lil Pixie didn't call anyone a bad mum :nope: I think you are reading something that isn't there.

Where the hell did you get all that from?

Go back and re read this thread. The person who dragged it back up from last October (which btw plenty of other people posted about before me, so I'd love to know what your issue with me is??) only has ONE post, which was calling people idioits. Meaning that person opened an account just to drag up his thread and make that comment. Which yep, I think is pretty funny considering all the actually controversial threads that go through baby club pretty mch every day!

Just in case you missed it, it was the post directly before yours!

i'm not on it!!! i am a private person and don,t wish to broadcast my life and every little thing i do..i actually hate facebook, if i want to talk to friends i will phone/text or go see them. You end up adding people as friends you hardly know!! rant over x

I am on Facebook but why do people think it ruins relationships?Is it because your partner can message other people and get back in touch with exes?to me that seems like your partner has the problem, not Facebook!

Being on Facebook qualifies one as an IDIOT.

If you want to share or whatever - simply use email. You maintain privacy and also show respect for who you are contacting.

Who wants to get messages from people shotgunning 'whatevers' to 50 'whoevers'???

You can maintain privacy , you just need to use the right settings.I find it useful for keeping in touch wi people who are far away- my bro and nephew are in Denmark and my in laws up north so for us it's a great way to keep in touch

Facebook is a tool. You can learn how to use it properly or you can fall victim to it. There are some people who post everything but I don't think they are idiots for doing so. You can tailor facebook to suit your needs, I think it's a bit silly to say that you don't want facebook because you don't want anybody to know your business... as if by joining facebook it automatically uploads your business on it. Now that's funny. You only put up what you want, and set your privacy settings to those you want to see it. You don't have to join, but you also don't have to have 3000 friends, and you don't have to post about each time you eat a grilled cheese sandwich. And if you have friended someone who does post a little too much for your liking you either unfriend them or set up reverse privacy settings that instruct facebook to NOT updated you about their every move.

I love facebook, I can share photos with family all around the world, it has definitely made it easier to keep in touch with them as well as being a really great way to network for my job. It is not and has never been about grilled cheese sandwiches.

Basically, if you know how to use it, facebook can be a fun and safe way to share information with those you care to. If you don't know how to use it, it can be a landmine of confusion and over stimulation. You have to be the opposite of an idiot in order to use it safely and effectively. Some people really are better off staying away.

I use to be on it but deactivated it over a year ago x

And you one of them!

What's rude in this?
That's rude I would say!

Um it wasn't Lilpixie saying about not talking about babies, it was me. But if you look back at my original post I said nothing of the sort about anyone being bad mums! None of us are, we're all doing the best we can. I was just trying to say I am one of, um, rather of a lot of people that do use facebook and that I'm not an idiot for it and I only use it anyway on my phone, whilst breastfeeding my lo. I'm quite upset about this and wish I'd never posted on here now, because of the fact it has nothing to do with babies. Silly me.

I know I'm not the OP but is there any way this thread could be locked? It's pointless and going downhill fast unneccessarily :-(

Im not on it either is my DH and we have no desire to be on it.

Each to their own :thumbup:

I really do hate it! it boils my piss most days :haha: but you would not think so the amount I use it :blush: just wish when you ''deactivated'' it it was perminant then I would not have one :rofl:

Thanks rachy07nz - I didn't realise anyone had said anything about not talking about their kids, but thanks for pointing out it wasn't me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->