Anyone else NOT on facebook?

I really do hate it! it boils my piss most days :haha: but you would not think so the amount I use it :blush: just wish when you ''deactivated'' it it was perminant then I would not have one :rofl:

There is an actual way of deleting Facebook x

Lol just noticed the actual date this thread was opened

i'm on it.... but sometimes wish i wasnt!!! although i do have lots of friends and family abroad so it does help to keep in contact with them. somethimes though, i just want to shut the world off from nosying in my life!!! Xx

I'm renowned for breaking phones/cameras and deleting things by mistake so I use my FB as a virtual photo album and at least if my laptop breaks I know I can always get my photos. I control who sees what though. I also use it for group chats. My FB is as secure as can be, you can't view anything or contact me if you are not on my friends list :shrug:

This comment re Facebook on the Washington Post pretty much sums it up --

It seems to me Facebook is just another variation on the personal web page/internet blog idea. I'm not interested in letting everybody I know, know my daily activities and they're probably not interested either. I think my sister has a FB page, but I never check it. If there's anything I need to know she can notify me directly. After all, I'm her brother.

I might not necessarily call a Facebook user an idiot - but I would say they could be using those resources in other ways to enrichen family life and their own!

This comment re Facebook on the Washington Post pretty much sums it up --

It seems to me Facebook is just another variation on the personal web page/internet blog idea. I'm not interested in letting everybody I know, know my daily activities and they're probably not interested either. I think my sister has a FB page, but I never check it. If there's anything I need to know she can notify me directly. After all, I'm her brother.

I might not necessarily call a Facebook user an idiot - but I would say they could be using those resources in other ways to enrichen family life and their own!

Ok, what if your brother lived on another continent? Maybe a phone call every day is a bit expensive. My parents live in europe and the internet is crucial in our relationship. I can't afford to call them every day. But I can skype with them every day for free! And I take pictures and video of my LO every day and upload them directly to facebook where they see them instantly.... on a private album that one they and I can view. They use their printer to print massive photos of their grandson. I can't think of a way that I'd be able to do that so quickly and satisfactorily without technology.... can you? I have zero family where I live, they all live in europe and somehow I feel like I am a participant in their lives because I may not be at the picnics but I can see their pictures and they can see mine and by the time we do see each other in person we don't have to "catch up" because we're in each others lives on a daily basis. Once again, if you don't like facebook you don't have to have it. But for those who do use it they don't need to be insulted or to be accused of not using their time productively.

Weird how several replies on here are from people who have created new accounts JUST to post on this thread?! Very very strange.

I have an account, I love it in a way to keep in touch with people, but I completely understand what people mean when they say it's more trouble than it's worth sometimes. I've really tightened my privacy settings on there in the past few months xx

Email works absolutely beautifully for keeping in touch! And VERY much more secure and respectful than FB.

As for number of posts - any answers to my question about peanut allergy alleviation?

you may want to check that particular thread hun :flower:

excuse me for trying to be nice and missing the rhetorical question :dohh:

won't be making that mistake again

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply.

Kind of defeats the object of the forum really :dohh:

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply.

:haha:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The rhetorical nature was a reaction to a person counting the number of posts I had made.

It so happened that I had made a first post responding in this thread - the second related to a possible new solution for peanut allergy that might even be applying to toddlers.

Sorry for the chronology - I won't do that again. :)

I'm pretty sure if you are actually milling around other parts of Baby and Bump then that was not aimed at you. If you had read back you would have noticed that this thread is from last year and dug up by someone who joined purely to offend.

Im not on facebook. I was for years but deleted my account a few months ago!! So did DH.

I dont have facebook and dont each to their own...but i do absolutely HATE face book bores. Thats those people that feel the need to talk about their or other peoples 'status' or 'wall' *yawn* during conversations with others in the 'real world'

I deleted my facebook after I finished 6th form. There was no point in having it when i had no intention to speak to any of them again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->