Anyone else NOT planning on charting etc...

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
well, it's almost time - i have got 9 days of pills left to take and that will be that. i was just wondering if anyone else was planning to ttc without charting and temping and using opk's etc? it kind of seems like that is not considered to be really ttc, but ntnp. however, we will be :sex: every couple of days (tmi lol!) with the definite intention of making a :baby: without putting pressure on ourselves to :sex: at 'the right time'! of course, if it takes a long time then i will use those things to try to figure out if there's something not quite right, but for the time being i'm much happier with the idea of trusting nature and my body to do their things. and i don't plan on poas until i miss :witch:

of course this could all go to pot when i'm in the grip of the baby fever (as hubby likes to call it) :haha: :haha:

I know what you mean ;)

I don't think I could have done it if I'd been on here at the time.

We had one month technically NTNP, then I quietly did a couple of Ov tests the next month, the third month I did 2 Ov tests and thought we missed it, but we didn't.

I was trying to be relaxed and chilled, but I was really curious too ;)
It was all a bit clumsy, and I wasn't telling hubby cos he prefered not to think of it that way, which is fair enough.

I think if we just were NTNP it could have taken a loooooooong time. But I think it's the best place to start. Innocently trying was so exciting :D

Im not temping or charting but I am doing OPK's..

I think it's a great idea to not bother with charting and what not if you're in no major rush with no time scale IYKWIM? I'll be charting purely because I would like the right age gap between my 2 LOs and would like a Spring or Summer 2011 baby instead of another Winter one to keep my birthday and christmas costs down lol

I think if you aren't in any rush to conceive then not charting is the best way to go - just go with the flow and all that. I do chart but that's only because I'm approaching 30 and want to have 2 as quickly as possible. If I hadn't charted I wouldn't have realised I am technically classed as 'infertile' according to some internet sites due to late ovulation. Charting for meh as highlighted potential problems that I can discuss early on with doctor rather than waiting 12 months.

Best of luck!

I'll probably be charting as I would like to use it to avoid pregnancy until we're ready to start trying... When it comes to the actual trying though, I won't be religiously keeping an eye on everything, don't want to PLAN to have sex iykwim, just want it to be a spontaneous 'if we catch eggy this month then yay! If not, then we just try next month...' :)

I still think it's TTC, you're still TRYING TO CONCEIVE just not making a big deal out of it and making it so precise and (in some cases) pressurised.

I don't think I'll be charting, think we're going to just go the NTNP route at first without worrying about it too much - I'm not going to be saying when we need to BD or anything, we'll just do it whenever. :D If 6 months or so go by after that I might start looking more closely, but at first we're just going to go naturally.

Quick question - as seen both me and OH are new to this, it's going to be so weird doing the naughty knowing we're not protected - is it weird at first? I feel like it'll take me a bit to get used to it!

Good luck with your NTNP, I'll hopefully be joining you in a couple of months!

I will just be doing our usual - using the ladycomp, but red days won't be off-limits anymore! Yay!

I've decided not to chart too, too much pressure!

As with my 1st we will just do it as and when and hope that works. It worked within 6 weeks with our first. I kinda hope it will take a little longer, maybe 3 months as its quite exciting at first but obviously i will get impatient!

Me as well- I am going to go with the flow for 3 months and then think about charting :happydance:

As I know what I am like and I would get obsessed!

Hopefully be going for it soon - just waiting for my H to say yes we can try.

Well, I have FF but I don't understand it, so I don't think it really counts. :rofl:
Have just come off the implant and I want to look into charting as a method of contraception post-pregnancy, so I am trying to learn up but we won't be excessively stringent when TTC, and will probably be NTNP for as long as it takes. If there does seem to be nothing going then I will up the anti, but I want to keep the stress off for as long as possible.

Im just going to be NTNP i think it would be to stressful for me to start charting x

Were wont be doing anything apart from shaggin for the first 6-9m. We have sex no less than every 3 days anyway. If after 9m i havet got pregnant ill probably get some opk's

We stopped the pill just over 2 months ago and have just been doing what we always have since, no more or less than we normally would and fully intend to stay like that for a good 6 months at least before getting any more technical.

We are just too laid back and can't be arsed quite frankly with opening sticks when I go to pee or doing the do because its the right time rather than because we want to.

If it happens it happens and I must say, this month with everything else going on, I wouldn't have been able to keep up with charting etc anyways.

xxx

Probably NTNP for me too as I can see it getting stressful or us feeling pressured to have sex at the right time (due to DH's low libido and it sometimes being uncomfortable for me to have sex, we don't always have sex heaps and neither of us a good at being 'forced' into it!).

However, I'm planning on doing OPKs for the 3 months running up to TTC just to give me a rough idea of where I ovulate in my cycle, especially as my cycle length varies slightly month to month. But I think once we're actually trying we won't want that 'quick, it's positive, we must BD!'

K x

I definitely won't be charting either. I have done some OPK's this month and last but that was just cos I wanted to make sure I was working properly!!! So when we do start, we will be going for the ntnp method and just enjoying it. I don't want the stress and tbh if it does mean it takes longer, it's not a huge issue (even though I am DESPERATE for a baby!!!!) as each month will take me closer and closer to being healthier :) x

The thing is i really do want a baby, like, yesterday, and we really want a spring or summer baby (hubby more bothered than me, but as almost everyone we know has winter birthdays would be good to avoid that). i just can't bear the thought of putting ourselves under so much pressure when making a baby together should be a really special time. plus, stress can reduce your chances of conceiving. but now it's getting closer i'm really worried it will take forever and we haven't got forever - hubby is 35 and i'm 31 and we'd really like 2 children before we really do get old!!! i'm really confused - i think i'm getting an attack of nerves - exactly what i wanted to avoid! aaargh!

Well, I'm not WTT anymore, but I didn't chart or temp when we first started trying. It's been 9 months now though, and I'm getting impatient!! lol...so I started the charting this month.

I've decided that when I try to conceive a child with my love I won't do the charting and stuff. For me I find it all really confusing and I think I'll end up getting overwhelmed and it'll just put me off from the idea all together. I don't want us to be under pressure to do it and so and so time because that's when it's the best. I feel like it'll happen when it's meant to happen.

But like someone else mentioned, if it doesn't happen in a couple months of trying I'd probably give the charting and stuff a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->