Anyone else now 37 weeks... Due jan??

Morning ladies-
All my symptoms have dropped off. Even the Braxton hicks have slowed down a lot. Kinda bummed. Today and tomorrow are my last two days for true Irish twins - which is what I wanted.(definition of Irish twins - 2 siblings born with in 12 months of the same calander year) piper was born jan 2013 and I was really hoping for a dec 2013 baby. Kinda bummed, also considered trying castor oil - just can't bring my self to it tho. Too scared of that idea. Will just have to keep up with walking, dtd, and trying to relax. Maybe ill scrub my floors in hands and knees today too. Hope everyone has a great day!

Morning ladies-
All my symptoms have dropped off. Even the Braxton hicks have slowed down a lot. Kinda bummed. Today and tomorrow are my last two days for true Irish twins - which is what I wanted.(definition of Irish twins - 2 siblings born with in 12 months of the same calander year) piper was born jan 2013 and I was really hoping for a dec 2013 baby. Kinda bummed, also considered trying castor oil - just can't bring my self to it tho. Too scared of that idea. Will just have to keep up with walking, dtd, and trying to relax. Maybe ill scrub my floors in hands and knees today too. Hope everyone has a great day!

Aww :(. Sorry that all your symptoms stopped! Fx'ed that they start back up!

My update:
Went to the doctor today and I'm 75% effaced/1 cm dilated. baby's at a 0 station - which means she's fully engaged! My doctor said that this will help more than anything. That my labor shouldn't be hard or long at all as her head is literally pushing against my cervix!

Aw no, so annoying midg! Really hope things start picking back up for you.

Well that sounds good shake it!! At least you know she is ready and waiting now.

Nothing really happening here!

Morning ladies-

Sorry it seems as though your running out of time, there's nothing worse than having your heart set on a particular date you never know though so don't give up hope - I had no signs at all the day I went into labour with my son.

Had clinic today I'm back again on Friday, getting fairly sick of twice weekly appointments. I've had bad stomach tightnings but nothing.

So the ball is out. Not sure if im having very irregular contractions or not. Been having bh for a long time now but the last week they hurt, some of them a lot. Not sure if just strong bh or very irregular contractions. Either way hoping the ball does something, if even just to help my awful pelvic and back pain.

Tic toc I feel for you- wi weather is worse than Illinois!
Well we managed to dtd and I lost the rest of my plug! Yay but other than a few contractions today - nothing. We walked at the mall for 1 1/2 hrs. Hoping as I relax tonight some contractions might set in.
Of all people I could run in to at the mall I ran in to my OB. She was like trying to walk this baby out huh? Lol it was funny.

HAHAHA... busted!

Morning ladies-

My update:
Went to the doctor today and I'm 75% effaced/1 cm dilated. baby's at a 0 station - which means she's fully engaged! My doctor said that this will help more than anything. That my labor shouldn't be hard or long at all as her head is literally pushing against my cervix!

Midg... i am still holding out hope for your Irish twins, that would be so cool.

shake it.... things are looking good. I am hoping for similar news, that all these come and go contractions weren't for nothing and that labor will be fast!

Morning ladies-

My update:

Midg... i am still holding out hope for your Irish twins, that would be so cool.

shake it.... things are looking good. I am hoping for similar news, that all these come and go contractions weren't for nothing and that labor will be fast!

I bet they aren't! Although I'm only 1 cm dilated, she said that I'm way more effaced than when she checked me last. I've had constant period type aches for the past couple of days - starting Christmad Eve so I'm betting they're not!

I know this is a little off subject as not to do with labour etc, but have you all got your names for baby sorted? Me and OH are going crazy because we just cant think of one and its so close. Keep thinking we have found one then changing our mind. Anyone finding it hard?

I know this is a little off subject as not to do with labour etc, but have you all got your names for baby sorted? Me and OH are going crazy because we just cant think of one and its so close. Keep thinking we have found one then changing our mind. Anyone finding it hard?

We still haven't named our lo! With our dd she had a name from 3 months on. This boy we cannot pick one, figure we have to see him to find his name. It's very frustrating.

I see dr in the am. Hoping for good news. Going to see if she will do one last sweep. I didn't really want a new year eve baby but its my last shot for my true Irish twins. If I don't go in to labor tomorrow, I won't have any more sweeps or induction techniques. Will let lo come when ready.

Have had more contractions today and as I type I'm crampy and uncomfortable. Again nothing regular.
Fingers crossed for all you ladies!!!

Morning ladies-

My update:

That's exciting that baby at 0! My children don't fully engage unroll my water breaks. The float until my water breaks. But luckily I still manage to go fast! Good luck hope that baby's head helps you dilate quickly!

Well today is the last day ladies for a 2013 baby!
And I've woken up with absolutely no signs, so I'm guessing this little man is definitely going to be a jan 2014 baby.

I'm 39 weeks today!

We have got our name picked Liz, mainly it's because it's the only name we both really like and agree on. Are you team yellow? Maybe when you see your little one you will just know what to call them x

Got my fingers crossed for you midg! There's still time :)

We're team yellow but have a boys name and a girls name picked out except now I'm not so sure i like either of them, I spent ages looking on the Internet last night but couldn't find anything to change them too. I think we'll stick with the names we've chosen otherwise I might regret changing them on impulse but I hate not being totally set on a name. I hope you find one you like soon

I thought I was in labour last night ladies, I'm sure I had real contractions right in the middle of the night. I felt really poorly with them though as well as exhausted but just as I was debating whether to get up and use the contraction timer on my phone they stopped. I'm quite glad really, I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't want baby to come yet but I don't like being teased like that!

A little update from me - I saw my midwife yesterday and as I'm just about 38 weeks now I asked to begin stretch & sweeps. My midwives agreed it was a good idea to begin weekly sweeps as I really want to avoid induction this time, and she did a GOOD job I think! It freakin' hurt! It was crazy - she said the EPO I'm using is working, my cervix is very soft but still fairly long. She was able to stretch the outside of the cervix to 2-3 cm but the inside is 1 cm dilated and she could touch the baby's head with her finger! So cool.

Anyway after I had a little bloody show and very mild occasional cramps, and lots of braxton hicks throughout the evening.

Woke up this morning and lost some of my plug, so while I know it can mean nothing it was nice to see. Will be continuing my EPO (2 orally and 2 vaginally per day) and drinking red leaf raspberry tea.

As this is my second baby I'm really hoping she'll come on her own, not at 41 weeks with induction like my son. I'm planning on waiting up to 42 weeks if need be just to avoid the induction like last time.

I'm 37 weeks as of yesterday, due Jan 20th. So far no signs of labor coming early, have a dr. appointment today though so hopefully I'll find out more then.

More plug gone now! Fingers crossed it means something this time, lol

Ooh sounds good Lisa, keep us updated!!

That is teasing George :(

Just had a Chinese, not doing anything special tonight, I'm going to bed soon lol.

Happy new year ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->