Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Yeah, I'm not sure if I should disregard the temp really as it was taken about 4 hours later than I usually temp and I had been awake so long. Today I need to drink an ocean of tea but I want to stay off the liquids to do my opks! I used a "proper" one from asda yesterday but it was still really faint. I'm getting fed up I want to see a nice dark line!

Thanks for the tips pink!!

I am hoping for a peak today but I wont find out until later on today as my monitor changes days in the afternoon because of when i set it.

mrs migg, the temp could be higher because of the :wine: or you have ovulated, it would be strange to ov without seeing a dark line though. i would say if your temp is still high tomorrow then you have ov'd. Glad you had a nice time with your friend, hope your hangover feels better, the only bit i like about a hangover is the need for food and the satisfaction if eating salt! I get like that when pregnant too!!

Yeah, I'm not sure if I should disregard the temp really as it was taken about 4 hours later than I usually temp and I had been awake so long. Today I need to drink an ocean of tea but I want to stay off the liquids to do my opks! I used a "proper" one from asda yesterday but it was still really faint. I'm getting fed up I want to see a nice dark line!

I also find it difficult not to drink too much. I used to be able to drink very little but over the last year or so have tried to increase my fluid in take and now it is just habit.

Fili - you must be permanently dehydrated lol!! How do you do it?

I'll see how I go temp wise tomorrow then. Because of my cycle length I wouldn't be suprised if I have Ov but strange about the lines. And the salt thing, when I was pregnant with dd I craved salt massively!! I don't have any good hangover food in the house today though and I am definitely not fit to drive!

I know it is not recommend but have you adjusted the temp to see what it might have been at your usual time?

:munch: sending you some online mrs migg!! my temp is usually lower as the day goes on but i suppose it depends what you've been doing when you take your temp

Yeah pink permanently thirsty and squirming!! :haha: in all honesty that was fmu and i'm not going to deprive myself of drink or toilet trips today and will see if it's still dark. my temp is still low. think if it goes up to the 60's i will have ov'd.

debzie - hope you're not in too much pain :hugs:

mrs migg - it's strange about the salt isn't it? i do feel permanently hungover when i'm pregnant tho, i also can't drive anywhere or be a passenger cos i get too sick and that motion sickness is the worst feeling. don't get too car sick normally tho.

pink - hope the net starts working for you soon i would be :hissy: :brat:

ickle - have you got a peak yet?

With my successful pregnancy the only time I felt sick was in the car, particularly OH's car. Dd gets travel sick in that car as well! With my other two pregnancys I felt sick most of the time but worst of all in the car. With the first loss it was horrible because it lasted about 3 weeks after the mc.

I found this on FF:- (so why do they give you the option to adjust then??!)

When I wake up at a different time, should I adjust my temperature?
We are often asked whether temperatures should be "adjusted" when not taken exactly at the same time. Some simple formulas are sometimes applied to adjust for differences in waking time. We are often asked whether this is accurate or not and if it is worth correcting the chart.

We recommend against adjusting temperatures as in general the resulting temperature, though it may be more pleasing, is not more accurate. The reasoning behind our recommendation is based on the fact that the Basal Body Temperature variation with time is dependent on your own unique metabolism. While most women see a difference, some women do not see much dependence of the BBT with time and can live with a variation in time without masking their pattern. For many others even a 10-20 minute difference will have strong effects on their charts. Similarly, some women see an increase of their BBT with time while others may actually see a decrease. From the diversity of the charts that we have seen, it is quite clear that no simple generic formulas will be able to compensate for time differences.

Our advice is to use an alarm clock if necessary to try to keep the time as constant as possible. If you have an occasional waking time difference, just record the time but leave the data as measured and make a note if there are unusual circumstances. In most cases our software should be able to see your ovulation pattern despite a few inaccurate data points.

If you have inaccurate data points that are causing you to have an invalid or confusing interpretation, please ask for support to help evaluate your chart.

That's a bit confusing isn't it? I'll leave it for now and maybe disregard it tomorrow. Well to test my theory that the babymad opk's don't work very well I weed in a pot, and tested with one of those and one of my other ic's. I have also left the wee to get to room temperature and will test it again to see if that makes a difference. I shall report my findings later. Is this the work of an obsessive?

I just got my 1st peak on the CBFM it shows a picture of an egg - love it!! And on the stick itself you can clearly see that the estrogen line is very faint meaning there's lots of it and the LH line is very dark. My persona monitor has matched the CBFM day for day pretty much and it too shows a picture of an oval shape. I'm really hoping this eggo gets me preggo and it's a healthy one. I have been talking to it. I am surprised I have ov'd early, I usually get my peak around cd 14/15. Well anything different to the last cycles is prob a good thing :wacko:

I hope so too Fil! Did you dtd last night? If that isn't too personal a question!!!

Oh yes we did! So far our schedule has been 2 x on Friday 2 x Saturday and it will be 2 x today. My DH needs about 12 hours to replenish his 'army'!! But because of the 12 hours I am sooo sleepy by the 2nd time round that last night I had my legs in the air (over the bedhead) and went to sleep till 2am this morning like that! And during the 2nd time i'm just like 'oh hurry up i want to go to sleep' :haha: And I even make an effort with my appearance for the 2nd time round in the day just to help things along a bit so end up sleeping in some make-up too and now i think ive got a bit of an eye infection as i am careful about taking make up off before :sleep: I have been slipping vitamins, zinc and extra vit c into this protein milkshakes he drinks too to keep him going :awww: !! Oh I am sneaky!

What about you?

Not since yesterday morning due to the drunkenness/hangover. Will endeavour to later! Well my theory about the babymad opks not working has been proven not true, as my experiment showed a better result with the babymad opk, and with the room temperature one, an even darker line. It was as dark as the control line, but thinner so would you say that's a positive?
And in my professional capacity I really should waggle my finger at you for going to bed in your make up, but these are exceptional circumstances! And I can't believe you went to sleep with your legs in the air, that's hilarious!

:haha: I would say that if it's as dark as the control then being thinner doesn't matter. hope the alcohol helps you're bfp. i'm back on the wine tonight going off my sister's experience!

I'll get busy tonight then! Stupid question number 813- if I am getting a line on my sticks does that mean that I am about to ovulate or that I have ovulated? I couldnt have missed it again could I?

Hi all,

I am new to this site but thought I would post here. I had a mc starting on 2 November, 3 Nov had scan and saw baby's heartbeat but 4 Nov everything gone. I only bled for a few days and DH and I have been BD every day since then. I felt pain in my right ovaries on 14 and 15 Nov and a scan a hospital on 18 Nov showed enlarged ovaries on the right side so I am presuming I did ov. I had spotting on 21 and 22 Nov literally 1 drop each day and nothing since however for the last 3 days I have been feeling really nauseaus and am wondering if I have conceived and caught that darn egg :winkwink:

I dont know when to test or if day 1 of mc bleeding counts as day 1 of my cycle, does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Michelle, welcome and sorry to hear of your loss. As far as I know the first day of your miscarriage does count as cycle day 1. Good luck.

Emum - how was your 'weekend away'?:winkwink:

Its next week I plan to do it. I'm only CD4 today, so a bit early to catch the egg :)

I'll get busy tonight then! Stupid question number 813- if I am getting a line on my sticks does that mean that I am about to ovulate or that I have ovulated? I couldnt have missed it again could I?

A positive OPK means you will ovulate in the next 12-36 hours. So if your test line is darker than your control, you haven't ovulated yet. You might though get a few days before and after ovulation where you get two lines but the test line is lighter than the control. These are negative.

thank you Mrs Miggins, that at least gives me an idea of when to start testing to see if we managed to make another miracle.

I decided to try right away as I don't really have time on my side at 42. I know they tell you to wait for a couple of cycles but I know I am ready to give it a go again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->